GDT: The All-In-One 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
That is SC hockey right there. I have so much admiration for any NHL player, and even more for players whose teams go deep into the playoffs. NONE of us have any idea what these players go thru.

Phil helped the team during the season, as did every other player who played during the year. I'm happy for Phil.

Phil only avoided being a healthy scratch because of the streak. He's disrespecting the game and himself.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I honestly would be embarrassed to act like I won something without participating.
He played in all 82 games in the regular season, sure some of that was due to the team going out of it's way to keep his iron man streak going but he was still a contributor and gave them the depth they needed at times during the regular season. He also played during the Winnipeg series in the playoffs, they just didn't need him after that. He's very much a low end role player at this point but those types still contribute and are worthy of raising the cup. Those cup winning teams tend to take a total organizational effort from front office, to head coach to players to equipment managers and so on, all of them pull together to make it happen. Kessel was a side piece in this cup run but a piece nonetheless!

That said, I hope he retires, it's a perfect go out on top scenario.... iron man streak intact and hoisting the cup!

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Phil only avoided being a healthy scratch because of the streak. He's disrespecting the game and himself.
He was 9th on the team in scoring and tied for 6th in power play points. Sure nothing paticularly special but hardly disrespecting the game. He's a fringe NHLer at this point in his career but every team has those players for depth except in this case that fringe player also brings the experience of being instrumental in winning 2 cups already. I think Phil very much played the roll Vegas expected of him.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I've never won a Stanley Cup, but within my profession I've earned some prestigious awards. But never have I got drunk, taken off my shirt, and fallen down the stars in front of my fans/boss. Guess I'm not doing it right.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad