The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VII: An Ode to the Sanity of Silverfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Gardner pls, he meant to have some else start the roster building thread so he doesn’t have to put you on ignore to hide the thread

Reactions: silverfish

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Not sure how to quote from the last thread to this one, but re: @Mac n Gs

Fun note about Jim Montgomery since I just sped through that Athletic article: Denver had a CF% of 58.1 this year. From the few times I’ve seen Denver this year, they played a relative simple, aggressive N-S game. Forecheck looked like a 2-1-2/2-3 hybrid and they skated pretty well in cohesion and 5-man units.

He’s apparently out of the Hitchcock school of coaching, so it makes sense that they play similarly. That type of style is basically how I want to play this year. Nothing fancy, just smart breakouts, 5-man attacks, and an aggressive N-S game that forechecks hard

If anybody has a subscription to The Athletic, here is an article digs deeper into Montgomery and his system. Lots to like, although the list below worries me a bit

Breaking down Dallas Stars coaching candidates: Jim...

At Denver, he has a checklist of seven things that he wants the team to accomplish each game, which he shared with The Coaches Site.

1. 50 hits in a game
2. Win 60 percent of faceoffs
3. Give up three or fewer odd man rushes
4. Commit to blocking shots
5. Win the special teams battle
6. Win the net-front battle
7. Take zero undisciplined penalties

In Montgomery's view, checking off four of those boxes can nearly guarantee a win. If his team can accomplish five or six, the game can turn into a blowout in his favor.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Also y'all gotta stop capitalizing the first `s` in silverfish. Don't give those f***ers the respect of a capitalization.

I really wish I wasn't drunk when I changed my username to that and now you all won't let me change it to anything else. eyjee4lyfe

giphy.gif

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Not sure how to quote from the last thread to this one, but re: @Mac n Gs

If anybody has a subscription to The Athletic, here is an article digs deeper into Montgomery and his system. Lots to like, although the list below worries me a bit

Breaking down Dallas Stars coaching candidates: Jim...

I mean they aren’t bad things to be fair. He may define a hit differently than how it’s tracked, and the rest are good things. I wouldn’t complain about being good on faceoffs, blocking shots (only if it’s the crux of your defensive strategy), and especially not about limiting odd-man rushes.
And here I thought I was the one being ignored.

Feelings ———-> [HURT] ———- > [UNHURT]

Bob pls, you’re our favorite. Just ignore smellyfish, it’s been a long week

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I mean they aren’t bad things to be fair. He may define a hit differently than how it’s tracked, and the rest are good things. I wouldn’t complain about being good on faceoffs, blocking shots (only if it’s the crux of your defensive strategy), and especially not about limiting odd-man rushes.

Bob pls, you’re our favorite. Just ignore smellyfish, it’s been a long week
smellyfish > Silverfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->