The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VI: RIP To Our Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not only do Minny fans think their team is good; they think their team is interesting.

Is there a single player on the Wild that’s worth it to go out of my way to watch? Um, nope lol.
Wild fans are adverse to criticism to a bizarre point.

The organization has literally never done anything wrong in nearly two decades.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or maybe professional athletes don’t need to be artificially motivated
The team that gets off the bus with the better players usually wins. Motivation doesn't radically affect results. If AV were Winston Churchill and employed the same system, we get the same crap.

That said, I would still prefer a coach that isn't loathed by his players for blatant mistreatment and misunderstanding of the game. They are human, after all.

And I don't care of you have the best system ever, he f***ed with Henrik Lundqvist. In the illustrious words of Eminem: there's a certain line you just don't cross and he crossed it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The team that gets off the bus with the better players usually wins. Motivation doesn't radically affect results. If AV were Winston Churchill and employed the same system, we get the same crap.

That said, I would still prefer a coach that isn't loathed by his players for blatant mistreatment and misunderstanding of the game. They are human, after all.

And I don't care of you have the best system ever, he ****ed with Henrik Lundqvist. In the illustrious words of Eminem: there's a certain line you just don't cross and he crossed it.

I heard him say Lundqvist's name in the press conference and I just lost it.

Reactions: Machinehead

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Watch the game?

And you thought you were the best troll account? How the f*** do these people have jobs? How the f*** haven’t you seen Trout in person (why does that even matter in baseball with the amount of available video and analysis) since 2011?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
And you thought you were the best troll account? How the **** do these people have jobs? How the **** haven’t you seen Trout in person (why does that even matter in baseball with the amount of available video and analysis) since 2011?
On the one hand, yes, there's a ton of other evidence available.

However, if you are a professional scout for a team in the same conference as the best player in baseball, and you haven't seen him play in person in 7 years, you suck.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
On the one hand, yes, there's a ton of other evidence available.

However, if you are a professional scout for a team in the same conference as the best player in baseball, and you haven't seen him play in person in 7 years, you suck.
I just literally cannot believe an AL scout hasn’t seen Trout live since 2011. There’s no f***ing way.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Some of the takes on this site are miserable. So many vocal people who think they know everything who don't know shit.

Me writing this post:

08892778-7b12-42e6-ad3b-03f92829bba1
pcDOH7j.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->