The 621 Goal team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger's Pancreas*

Two goalies that averaged giving up four plus goals a night, and a third goalie that gave up three or more. They needed to be a high flying offense to pick up that slack.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Wow! Thanks for that link. I'm a huge Pierre Larouche fan and I would have loved to have seen him in junior. Those numbers are pretty impressive even for the Q.

Roger's Pancreas*

Jacques Cossette had ninety goals and two hundred plus penalty minutes!! That's a hell of a mix.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Yet the only guys from that team that I remember to go on and have steady careers in the NHL are Pierre Larouche, Pierre Mondou, and Lucien Deblois. Still incredible numbers from that junior team...

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Take THAT, Sidney Crosby! Good grief, those numbers are ridiculous! Larouche was one of my favorite players in the 70's and early 80's, so seeing his name again was cool! Even in a league that doesn't play defense (the QMJHL), that is silly!

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Panasonic Youth said:
Two goalies that averaged giving up four plus goals a night, and a third goalie that gave up three or more. They needed to be a high flying offense to pick up that slack.

Yeah, but their goal differential was +321, so they had room to spare.

Ogopogo*

Forsberg4ever said:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0013851974.html

A 58-11-1 record, three players with over 200pts, seven with over 100! The 1973-74 Sorel Black Hawks must be the greatest offensive team in hockey history with those numbers

As amazing as that is, it must be considered that 4 of the 11 teams in the league scored over 430 goals (over 6 per game) and 6 of the teams allowed over 400 goals. Simply put, there was no defense that year in the Q! Heck, Mike Bossy was 10th in the league with 70 goals!

Crosby is scoring 168 points when nobody else is doing it. Much more impressive.

Although that many goals per game would have been pretty entertaining to watch...

Last edited by a moderator:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I think you have to look at it in relation to the league average.Even in that light I'm sure it ranks up there but there may be teams that are higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad