Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Bob Mackenzie’s mid-season list is out.

Guys in our range that are interesting to me are Joel Farabee (16), Jesper Kotkaniemi (19), Mattias Samuelsson (24), Dominik Bokk (25), Jett Woo (27), Benoit-Olivier Groulx (28), and Akil Thomas (29).

I kinda feel like the Sharks are going to draft a D in the first round this year. I’d be happy with Jett Woo. We have no D prospects or young NHLers with upside, while we have Hertl, Meier, Donskoi, and Labanc up front.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bob Mackenzie’s mid-season list is out.

Guys in our range that are interesting to me are Joel Farabee (16), Jesper Kotkaniemi (19), Mattias Samuelsson (24), Dominik Bokk (25), Jett Woo (27), Benoit-Olivier Groulx (28), and Akil Thomas (29).

I kinda feel like the Sharks are going to draft a D in the first round this year. I’d be happy with Jett Woo. We have no D prospects or young NHLers with upside, while we have Hertl, Meier, Donskoi, and Labanc up front.
K’Andre Miller is a guy that I could see the Sharks targeting.

Reactions: SharkAttack86

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I haven't been following prospects at all this year outside of watching the few games the Pac-12 network streamed for the AZ State team. Any recommendations on where to get a run down of the various prospects?

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Veleno, Kotkaniemi and Bokk interest me the most so far amongst the forwards in the mid to late first round. If we bottom out the rest of the year and get a higher pick then I wouldn’t mind grabbing one of Bouchard/Dobson/Smith/Hughes. So basically if we draft below 15 we should draft a fwd IMO.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
A risky, boom-bust defenseman? Since when have the Sharks ever been interested in that type of player?
The only one I can think of is Jeff Jillson and that was 20 years ago. I hope Merkley falls to the Sharks, just so they could pass on him and we would get all too familiar feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad