Prospect Info: The 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Interesting, Pronman has most of those D-men I listed in the mid to late teens. Seems like a realistic range for us to trade into or for one of those guys to drop a few spots to where we are.
Addison will probably be available but yeah Dobson and Bouchard are top 10 picks, Smith top 12 or so, same with Veleno, Kupari and Wilde I have going somewhere from 12-20 so. Denisenko I have going 15-20. Addison and Marchenko mid to late second round.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I want them to target one of the d-men in this draft. I don't think they're in an ideal spot so they may need to either trade up or trade back. I prefer the trade back for more assets but this may be one of the few times I'd be okay with them moving up to get someone but not a forward. There's plenty of them at their level that it wouldn't really be worth it.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I go back to my we don't have a 1st this year. We will lose it in the trade with the sens where we send labanc, demelo, dillon, karlsson for ryan and karlsson.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I go back to my we don't have a 1st this year. We will lose it in the trade with the sens where we send labanc, demelo, dillon, karlsson for ryan and karlsson.

We are certainly gearing up for a big acquisition. I could definitely see us leaving the draft without a 1st.

It would take a bit more than that to get Karlsson, even with Ryan, but you’ve got the right idea. ;)

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Interesting, Pronman has most of those D-men I listed in the mid to late teens. Seems like a realistic range for us to trade into or for one of those guys to drop a few spots to where we are.
Addison will likely be there but I don’t have much interest in him as far as 1st round goes.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Merkley has all the talent in the world but extraordinarily questionable work ethic and effort. I imagine this is the type of player for whom the interviews will be very important.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I feel like every year I pay less and less attention to the draft prospects ahead of the draft, I used to pay sooo much more attention, but now I am at the point I really don't feel like I know anything about the current crop besides the big names. :/

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
What do people think of K'Andre Miller. Kid sounds pretty damn good. Might be little bit of a reach are our first pick but if we traded down and acquired a later first and a mid to late 2nd.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What do people think of K'Andre Miller. Kid sounds pretty damn good. Might be little bit of a reach are our first pick but if we traded down and acquired a later first and a mid to late 2nd.

I think Miller would be a good project for the Sharks to take on if they can find a way to get a second pick in the 1st round. This would be a good draft to try and get a second pick and have them both go defensemen. There's a lot of good prospects on the back end and the Sharks are long overdue for one to actually work out for them. Between guys like Smith, Dobson, Woo, or Wilde if they moved up or Addison, Merkley, Alexeyev (as a potential Vlasic replacement later), Sandin, and Miller would all be good picks if they stood pat or traded back. I would absolutely trade someone like Braun to accomplish this if possible.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think Miller would be a good project for the Sharks to take on if they can find a way to get a second pick in the 1st round. This would be a good draft to try and get a second pick and have them both go defensemen. There's a lot of good prospects on the back end and the Sharks are long overdue for one to actually work out for them. Between guys like Smith, Dobson, Woo, or Wilde if they moved up or Addison, Merkley, Alexeyev (as a potential Vlasic replacement later), Sandin, and Miller would all be good picks if they stood pat or traded back. I would absolutely trade someone like Braun to accomplish this if possible.
The path I'd probably consider looking into is trade back in the first via NYR to get a 1st+2nd then look into using the 2nd+something to get another 1st round pick. Then pick Wise+Miller if available. This only works out since the guys I want are generally projected lower. Otherwise, we're potentially leaving higher ranked prospects on the board.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The path I'd probably consider looking into is trade back in the first via NYR to get a 1st+2nd then look into using the 2nd+something to get another 1st round pick. Then pick Wise+Miller if available. This only works out since the guys I want are generally projected lower. Otherwise, we're potentially leaving higher ranked prospects on the board.

Could also trade a forward to Montreal for one of their four 2nd round picks and use that to swap with the Rangers and their two 1st round picks at 26 and wherever the Lightning finish.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
I really like Tychonick. (and to a lesser extent, Sandin and Alexeeyeev but they are different types of D)

Other guys I like in the 2nd/3rd (if we can trade for a pick in there) are Milos Roman, Jan Jenik and Blake McLaughlin. Other sleeper picks I like for slightly later where we could still get value for the prospect pool include Oskar Back, Sampo Ranta, Ruslan Iskhakov and Alec Regula.

Failing that, if we do pick a forward a 21, I really like Martin Kaut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I really like Tychonick. (and to a lesser extent, Sandin and Alexeeyeev but they are different types of D)

Other guys I like in the 2nd/3rd (if we can trade for a pick in there) are Milos Roman, Jan Jenik and Blake McLaughlin. Other sleeper picks I like for slightly later where we could still get value for the prospect pool include Oskar Back, Sampo Ranta, Ruslan Iskhakov and Alec Regula.

Failing that, if we do pick a forward a 21, I really like Martin Kaut.
I’d be surprised to see Kaut available at 21. I just hope we don’t draft McLeod or Groulx or one of “ those types”. Would prefer to draft a higher upside player like Bokk, Wise or Lundestrom

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Really like Pavel Gogolev for the Petes. Going to be a late rounder but he came on pretty strong as the season went on. Finished third in goals (30) among draft eligible OHL forwards, behind Svechnikov (40) and Dudas (31). Petes are just pretty god awful this year, so his point totals are pretty down, sitting at 47 points in 67 games.

Good speed, great hands, great wrister, slapshot. Has a go-to it seems with a lot of backhanded goals.

Hoping he falls to the 4th round, and that the Sharks grab him.

Pavel Gogolev at eliteprospects.com

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lw-rw-pavel-gogolev-peterborough-petes-ohl-2018-draft.2396405/

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I used to care more, but the Sharks are never going to pick a consensus guy. Always going to be off the board haha so Id rather not learn about guys in the top 20 only to have em pick guy #39

Reactions: SharkAttack86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->