GDT: The 2018 IIHF World Men Championships

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I would love to see Jost be used in a similar role to Oshie on our power play. Kinda a mid slot one timer option that MacKinnon can defer to instead of just Barrie and Rantanen. Jost has a wicked shot and I see him scoring 20 goals next season with the right line mates.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would love to see Jost be used in a similar role to Oshie on our power play. Kinda a mid slot one timer option that MacKinnon can defer to instead of just Barrie and Rantanen. Jost has a wicked shot and I see him scoring 20 goals next season with the right line mates.

That actually is his role on most PP's. He posts up there and when the puck is on the right side, he's used as either a one touch passing option to get the PK out of position, or a Sedin style shot pass from the right point. When it's on the left he's used as a sniper from a pass from MacKinnon on the wall, or a pass from Landy or Mikko down low.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
That actually is his role on most PP's. He posts up there and when the puck is on the right side, he's used as either a one touch passing option to get the PK out of position, or a Sedin style shot pass from the right point. When it's on the left he's used as a sniper from a pass from MacKinnon on the wall, or a pass from Landy or Mikko down low.

I know he plays in a similar place, but he’s not utilized in that role. Might as well be Kerf there if he’s not shooting often.

Our power play essentially is three players, with two who kinda stand around/screen the goalie. I like Landy down low, but if Jost is just there I’d prefer Kerf for one touch passes and redirects.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Apparently Francouz had a pretty good showing today in a loss. Anyone watch? Maybe don't let him play against the Hawks though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I know he plays in a similar place, but he’s not utilized in that role. Might as well be Kerf there if he’s not shooting often.

Our power play essentially is three players, with two who kinda stand around/screen the goalie. I like Landy down low, but if Jost is just there I’d prefer Kerf for one touch passes and redirects.

I think he wasn't utilized much there because he was a rookie. He was one of the last options after Nate and Mikko's one timers from the circles, or Barrie from the point, or Landy with a jam play down low. I bet he gets more looks next year. Either from the first PP unit, or the main role on the 2nd unit.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Marjamäki is the worst Team Finland head coach in more than a decade. He won nothing. Even Doug Shedden won a bronze.
He was money in the regular season always, but seemed to struggle in the playoffs or tournament knock-outs.

I liked him a lot behind the bench at Jokerit.

And yes. I agree. Marjamäki is trash, but today was also a failure by the players. Some of the performances today were, well, lets put it mildly, horrific.
But its good to see the back of this coach.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He was money in the regular season always, but seemed to struggle in the playoffs or tournament knock-outs.

I liked him a lot behind the bench at Jokerit.

And yes. I agree. Marjamäki is trash, but today was also a failure by the players. Some of the performances today were, well, lets put it mildly, horrific.
But its good to see the back of this coach.
Yeah, the team had issues all tournament, but the coaching against those underdog teams was just appalling.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I feel like Jost is there to collect rebounds, he scored several from that spot off broken plays. Given that his hands are one of the stronger parts of his offensive game, it makes sense that parking him in the low slot fishing for rebounds was their MO for having him there. I just wish he was better at screens and tips, although tips can certainly be taught.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I feel like Jost is there to collect rebounds, he scored several from that spot off broken plays. Given that his hands are one of the stronger parts of his offensive game, it makes sense that parking him in the low slot fishing for rebounds was their MO for having him there. I just wish he was better at screens and tips, although tips can certainly be taught.

Unlike screens. Either you are born to stand in front of the net or you die a coward.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yeah, the team had issues all tournament, but the coaching against those underdog teams was just appalling.
This was the first game I saw outside of the 1st period against Canada, but I agree at least regarding the Swiss.
Appalling tactics against a team we had the talent edge over.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Is this clown coaching Canada really the guy who's been responsible for the past few years of shitty Hurricanes teams, and the guy who Calgary have signed right after he left? Really?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean Vlasic is having a stinker in this game, but the rest of the team aren't much better.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Getting close to that Sweden-Switzerland final where most of the world can't tell which country is which.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Oh wow Switzerland already has a Silver medal from a few years ago. I completely forgot about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->