The 2017/2018 HF Winnipeg Jets Awards List

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hey guys I had this idea awhile ago and decided I'd run with it finally. The team doesn't have many awards they hand out but I thought it would be cool if we did a yearly awards for the Jets here on HFJets. A few of them would be statistical awards but others I thought we could all vote on. Kind of a fun little exercise. I came up with a few awards here but if anyone has any thoughts on different ones please post them. I figure I'd get them out there for now and we can vote at the end of the season/playoffs whichever comes last. Also if anyone wants to make up some images for the awards feel free to do so, that is not really up my alley.

Voting Awards

The Len Kropioski Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable overall player during the regular season.

The Teppo Numminen Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable defencemen during the regular season.

The Dougie Smail Trophy
Awarded to the teams forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

The Teemu Selanne Trophy
Awarded to the player selected as the most proficient in their first year of competition for the Winnipeg Jets.
* Minimum of 41 games played, no more than 25 games played in any other season. Only eligible if under 26 years old.

The Alexei Zhamnov Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets prospect selected as most proficient in the current season of their respective league.
*Includes all European leagues, AHL, NCAA, all CHL leagues and USHL (includes NTDP).

The Hotline Trophy
Awarded to the teams most valuable player in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Lars-Erik "Little General" Sjoberg Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets player who has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities both on and off the ice.

The Rick Rypien Memorial Award
Awarded to a Winnipeg Jets player for their commitment to the community through charitable involvement, school, hospital and community visits and other philanthropic endeavors.

The Dan Snyder Memorial Award
Awarded to the player who best embodies perseverance, dedication, and hard work without reward or recognition, so that his team and teammates might succeed.

The Veli-Pekka Ketola Trophy
Awarded to the player exhibiting the most significant "sleeper" traits for development of the game throughout the course of the season.

The Bobby Kromm Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets staff member (coaching & management included) who is the most valuable to the team during the course of the season.

The Lee Stempniak Trophy
Awarded to the best trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season.
*Eligibility starts July 1st of that year and ends at the trade deadline of that season.

The Dave Babych Trophy
Awarded to the worst trade or signing made by Winnipeg Jets management for the current season. (hopefully we never have to give this one out.)
*Eligibility starts July 1st of that year and ends at the trade deadline of that season.

The Francois St.Laurent Trophy
Awarded to the worst call made against the Winnipeg Jets during the regular season by incompetent reffing.

The EK9 Tracksuit Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the biggest story of the current Winnipeg Jets season.

3MOy9Ft.gif

The HFJets Rally Beaver Award

The Rally Beaver was an avatar meme started as a rallying cry during the Jets improbable run to the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Rally Beaver Award is awarded to the HFJets poster recognized as contributing the most to the HFJets community during the current season.

The Perverted Sickism Award
Awarded to the best GDT of the Season.

Statistical Awards

The Hawerchuk Trophy Given to the player who finishes the regular season with the most points.
Current Leader: Blake Wheeler, 56 points
Current Holder: Mark Scheifele, 82 points

The Golden Jet Trophy – Named after Bobby Hull, the Golden Jet Award is given to the player who finishes the regular season with the most goals.
Current Leader: Patrik Laine, 23 goals
Current Holder: Patrik Laine, 36 goals

The Thomas Steen Trophy – Given to the player who finishes the regular season with the most assists.
Current Leader: Blake Wheeler, 42 assists
Current Holder: Mark Scheifele, 50 assists

The Phil Housley Trophy - Given to the defencemen who finishes the regular season with the most points.
Current Leader: Tyler Myers, 26 points
Current Holder: Dustin Byfuglien, 52 points

The Laurie Boschman Trophy - Given to the player who finishes the regular season with the most PIM.
Current Leader: Dustin Byfuglien, 63 PIM
Current Holder: Dustin Byfuglien, 117 PIM

The Jim Slater Trophy - Given to the player who finishes the regular season with the best faceoff win %.
Current Leader: Bryan Little, 56.4%
Current Holder: Bryan Little, 55.6%

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Get that jinxed beaver away from our boards!:rant:

hahaha I knew someone would bring that up. I actually found the original thread. The Rally Beaver got us into the playoffs. But we got swept hard. I still believe in the Rally Beaver. Wasn't his fault Pavs forgot how to goalie.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Might as well just give that one to Zhamnov5GoalGame now LOL.

I was thinking most perverted poster but that might also be too obvious a choice ;)

Yeah Z5GG has really taken over the GDT role and probably has it in the bag but we'd still have to vote on the best one of the bunch. He among a few other posters have many solid GDT's to choose from.

The Perverted Sickism Award is one that likely won't fly with the mods haha

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Might as well just give that one to Zhamnov5GoalGame now LOL.
I was thinking most perverted poster but that might also be too obvious a choice ;)

If it may please the court, there are various forms of perversion...

-highlife perversion
-farmleague perversion
-middleschool coach league perversion
-defensive zoun perversion
-highdollar salaried bigminutes perversion

Really, the options are endless. :sarcasm:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Added two more awards to the OP.

The Lars-Erik "Little General" Sjoberg Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets player who has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities both on and off the ice.

The Bobby Kromm Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the Winnipeg Jets staff member (coaching & management included) who is the most valuable to the team during the course of the season.

Need a name for the best GDT of the Season as well as most improved player from the previous season award.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
If it may please the court, there are various forms of perversion...

-highlife perversion
-farmleague perversion
-middleschool coach league perversion
-defensive zoun perversion
-highdollar salaried bigminutes perversion

Really, the options are endless. :sarcasm:
omg you nailed them LOL gonna throw a fart at you for making me laugh

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No goalie award ? Course there isn't alot of competition for that one though . :laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The Veli-Pekka Ketola Trophy awarded to the player exhibiting the most significant "sleeper" traits for development of game throughout the course of the season.

230px-Veli-Pekka_Ketola.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Daximus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->