The 2003 NHL Entry draft

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I'll do a re-do of this one when training camps will get started... But I've been watching that first-round lately, and I can only do one thing but go nuts seeing all that talent...

They should all be NHL-regulars IMO (ok maybe a couple of question marks... but a few !)

Too Cool my Florida Panthers got one of the best of the bunch ;)

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Havlat said:
I'll do a re-do of this one when training camps will get started... But I've been watching that first-round lately, and I can only do one thing but go nuts seeing all that talent...

They should all be NHL-regulars IMO (ok maybe a couple of question marks... but a few !)

Too Cool my Florida Panthers got one of the best of the bunch ;)

Well they did have the 3rd overall pick, I would hope they got one of the best of the bunch.

Randall Graves*

Buffalo87 said:
Well they did have the 3rd overall pick, I would hope they got one of the best of the bunch.
they could've taken Kostitsyn(cue habs fans flaming me)

KH1

<----------- You won't hear me complaining about the 2003 draft. Though I fear Nilsson may never make Pierre McGuire's all-Monster team :shakehead

What's interesting about the 2003 draft is that after the first 2 rounds it seems like there were remarkably few good players.

Roger's Pancreas*

King Henry I said:
Was that in response to Havlat or me?

Your comment on how nothing came out of the mid rounds in 03. I can't comment on every other team in the league, but the Flyers did damn well.

Stefan Ruzicka (81st) 2003-2004 OHL First all-star team. Led Slovakia in scoring on route to a silver medal during the U-18 world championship.

Alexandre Picard (85th) 2004-2005 QMJHL Second all-star team. 2004-2005 MVP for Halifax Mooseheads.

Ryan Potulny (87th) 2005-2006 Hobey Baker Finalist. SIOC men's hockey award winner. 24th on the Gophers all-time scoring list, while only playing two complete seasons.

The other players drafted have the potential to play in the NHL. Time will tell if they make it or not. The players listed above will play for the Flyers at one point or another next year and will only be given more responsibilities as time goes on.

KH1

Panasonic Youth said:
Your comment on how nothing came out of the mid rounds in 03. I can't comment on every other team in the league, but the Flyers did damn well.

Stefan Ruzicka (81st) 2003-2004 OHL First all-star team. Led Slovakia in scoring on route to a silver medal during the U-18 world championship.

Alexandre Picard (85th) 2004-2005 QMJHL Second all-star team. 2004-2005 MVP for Halifax Mooseheads.

Ryan Potulny (87th) 2005-2006 Hobey Baker Finalist. SIOC men's hockey award winner. 24th on the Gophers all-time scoring list, while only playing two complete seasons.

The other players drafted have the potential to play in the NHL. Time will tell if they make it or not. The players listed above will play for the Flyers at one point or another next year and will only be given more responsibilities as time goes on.
It's true, the Flyers did make out incredibly well. Maybe I have a lot of oversights but just scanning over the list of players taken it seems like there is a much higher concentration of talent in the first 2 rounds than there normally is.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I sure am glad the Coyotes had any picks in the first two rounds that year...

...at all...

...oh, right.

Well, at least they picked a good player in the 3rd round and after seeing him produce in the WHL decided to sign him to help out their awful AHL squad...

...oh, right.

Hmm.

Well, how about "At least the Coyotes have anything to show for this entire draft aside from a forward who can't even crack 30 points on a bottom-feeding AHL team."

Er, "At least they all have their health?" Oh, no, wait, Liam Lindstrom was in a car accident.

You know, 2003 wasn't all that great of a draft for everyone.

KH1

PhoPhan said:
I sure am glad the Coyotes had any picks in the first two rounds that year...

...at all...

...oh, right.

Well, at least they picked a good player in the 3rd round and after seeing him produce in the WHL decided to sign him to help out their awful AHL squad...

...oh, right.

Hmm.

Well, how about "At least the Coyotes have anything to show for this entire draft aside from a forward who can't even crack 30 points on a bottom-feeding AHL team."

Er, "At least they all have their health?" Oh, no, wait, Liam Lindstrom was in a car accident.

You know, 2003 wasn't all that great of a draft for everyone.
:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad