That Granlund Pass!

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
If that pass was what he meant to do, it was spectacular and even if he was only trying to put it in front of the net, it was a great play.

I've seen him make a tape to tape-pass that way numerous times. No way he wasn't trying to do that.

Reactions: TaLoN

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Man, Granlund is so sick! He's always making these slick little players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I also love the clear recognition after the pass, knowing it was to Staal, meaning the Cener is going deep, so Granlund also recognises he needs position high in the zone already and is moving to said position.

Showing his tremendous hands, vision and IQ all at once.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
I thought it was going to be way nicer considering the hype.. He spun off the checker and threw it blindly to the front of the net, and someone was there and got a weak goal. That play happens literally 4-5 times a night.

"Blindly"... That's hilarious. You've obviously never seen him play before. He makes these no look passes all the time.

Yes, Matthews alone makes plays like this 15-20 times a night. :laugh:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
"Blindly"... That's hilarious. You've obviously never seen him play before. He makes these no look passes all the time.

Yes, Matthews alone makes plays like this 15-20 times a night. :laugh:

How is it a good thing he always blindly throws the puck away? And how is it skilled? IT was 100% luck and system based. No where did I mention Matthews. No where did I say 15 times a night. I do see that play every night actually.

But whatever. It's not that nice at all but for whatever reason people would rather come at me instead.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How is it a good thing he always blindly throws the puck away? And how is it skilled? IT was 100% luck and system based. No where did I mention Matthews. No where did I say 15 times a night. I do see that play every night actually.

But whatever. It's not that nice at all but for whatever reason people would rather come at me instead.
Nothing done blindly on that play....Granlund saw Staal moving in and passed it intentionally right to him, then goes to move into the center high position knowing it was Staal he passed to, thus knew the center was going inn deep.

Great vision, great pick handling, great pass, great IQ.

That was all skill.

And no, you don't see intentional tape to tape passes off spinoramas every night... it just doesn't happen.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Nothing done blindly on that play....Granlund saw Staal moving in and passed it intentionally right to him, then goes to move into the center high position knowing it was Staal he passed to, thus knew the center was going inn deep.

Great vision, great pick handling, great pass, great IQ.

That was all skill.

And no, you don't see intentional tape to tape passes off spinoramas every night... it just doesn't happen.

It doesn't work every night, but at least watching the games I see that play many times a night from guys like Marner to guys like Kapanen. It's a play where you know someone should be there, so you spin and throw the puck and sometimes they get it.

If this is considered amazing to wild fans I feel really sorry they don't get to watch actual elite talent every night.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It doesn't work every night, but at least watching the games I see that play many times a night from guys like Marner to guys like Kapanen. It's a play where you know someone should be there, so you spin and throw the puck and sometimes they get it.

If this is considered amazing to wild fans I feel really sorry they don't get to watch actual elite talent every night.
You seem to be under the impression that it's just a spin and toss to a spot and hoping someone is going to be there and don't seem to recognize that there was no "hoping" involved, he KNEW Staal was going to be there in particular, and knew where to put the puck so it would be on the tape of Staal's stick.

That was elite level vision and passing and you know it. Granlund is absolutely an elite playmaker, this was just another example.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

I think it's hilarious that you have no idea what you're looking at, yet claim to see it every night.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
You seem to be under the impression that it's just a spin and toss to a spot and hoping someone is going to be there and don't seem to recognize that there was no "hoping" involved, he KNEW Staal was going to be there in particular, and knew where to put the puck so it would be on the tape of Staal's stick.

That was elite level vision and passing and you know it. Granlund is absolutely an elite playmaker, this was just another example.

Please take off the glasses.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Please take off the glasses.
Yeah.. you too. I havent seen a single Leafs player performing similar pass.

But you see what you want.

Ps: dont bother answering, you've been ignored. As i enjoy reading these forums without blind homerism..

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016

>blindly

What exactly do you think "vision" is in hockey? Please elaborate so I know why these passes require no skill/vision

Also how can it be both luck AND system based at once? What are you even trying to say here lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->