Thanks Jets, what a ride

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok i just ran into Tanev , Roslovic , Dano and Ehlers at my golf course and all of us there on the patio said thanks for the great season and they all thanked us back . Then i said hey where is your white out stuff you should still be wearing white man , to which Ehlers pointed out he was wearing a white golf shirt , we all laughed . Then i yelled out next year lets win it all , they all gave thumbs up . Just thought some would enjoy the story . :golfnana:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
great year for you guys, sorry it ended on a sour note. this team has the talent to be a great team for the next few years. I think the Jets time will come. this is the first time this group has made it to this stage, and it took the Hawks another year after 09' to get past the Red Wings, so keep the faith my Northern Brothers!! and thanks for allowing a Yank like me into your group, you guys are filled with a bunch of badass posters who made posting here very easy...also Zhamnov, please stop by on the Hawks board and show those peeps how a true GDT is supposed to be made!!!!

and I will forever have some of you to thank for my little guy seeing pictures of grown men CLENCHING their ass cheeks and have to explain what the hell that is lol!!!! I will definitely stop back in next year and cheer on the games I get to see for the Jets as long as you all are cool with it!

PS- leave Stasnty alone, we would like to sign him to replace Anisimov who we will likely be moving at the draft...thanks!

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Great year - a big step forward.

Nothing is guaranteed about success next season. That's why it is so hard to see us bow out to a lesser roster of players (but better coach and system). After some pretty rough years of underperforming, it was a lot of fun to be in the mix.

Go Jets Go

Reactions: kanadalainen

Anton Hipchekhov

Sep 30, 2017
great year for you guys, sorry it ended on a sour note. this team has the talent to be a great team for the next few years. I think the Jets time will come. this is the first time this group has made it to this stage, and it took the Hawks another year after 09' to get past the Red Wings, so keep the faith my Northern Brothers!! and thanks for allowing a Yank like me into your group, you guys are filled with a bunch of badass posters who made posting here very easy...also Zhamnov, please stop by on the Hawks board and show those peeps how a true GDT is supposed to be made!!!!

and I will forever have some of you to thank for my little guy seeing pictures of grown men CLENCHING their ass cheeks and have to explain what the hell that is lol!!!! I will definitely stop back in next year and cheer on the games I get to see for the Jets as long as you all are cool with it!

PS- leave Stasnty alone, we would like to sign him to replace Anisimov who we will likely be moving at the draft...thanks!

Hold on a sec.... I thought we signed you long term?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
  1. Hold on a sec.... I thought we signed you long term?

well, I have never been one to over stay my welcome....happy to post throughout the year, draft talk, etc...I just know sometimes you need people to leave in order to miss them again hahahaha...also, a lot of you guys are down/upset, don't need a jackass like me around to pretend I know your pain (though I do, plenty of it as well).

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

1. well, I have never been one to over stay my welcome....happy to post throughout the year, draft talk, etc...I just know sometimes you need people to leave in order to miss them again hahahaha...also, a lot of you guys are down/upset, don't need a jackass like me around to pretend I know your pain (though I do, plenty of it as well).

From the Chicago of the North, thanks you were very insightful and it was nice to have another perspective, I only hope the Jets achieve what the Black Hawks have :thumbu: and hope we beat you brains in next year :naughty::sarcasm:, have a great summer

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Definitely an enjoyable season..even with the ending we got.

But the question to me, and maybe another thread is needed, is... can the Jets actually play better than they did this season? Other than the playoff result this could be the best regular season we ever see and it’s worth remembering it.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
24 hours after the fact:

1. My playoff beard is gone. :eek::oops: My wife is so happy. :laugh:

2. Thanks Jets for the awesome year. I have never watched so much hockey in one season in my life, and thats saying something. :nod:

3. Tough, tough losses this series, difficult to swallow the 4th in a row. Ah well. But I appreciate the general resilience of this team, and the seeming prerequisite for great teams to need to go through the flames of a tough series loss prior to winning the Cup (Islanders and Oilers, etc).

4. Fleury is blessed, he is super hot right now. A big difference maker.

5. Our regular season ruled!!

6. I like our chances next year.

Finally,

7. I really enjoy all the posts by the many, many knowledgeable people on this board. You know who you are!!

And, thanks Zham for your amazing GDTs. This board is a lot of fun.

GO :jets

I can't wait until next year!

Last edited:

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ok i just ran into Tanev , Roslovic , Dano and Ehlers at my golf course and all of us there on the patio said thanks for the great season and they all thanked us back . Then i said hey where is your white out stuff you should still be wearing white man , to which Ehlers pointed out he was wearing a white golf shirt , we all laughed . Then i yelled out next year lets win it all , they all gave thumbs up . Just thought some would enjoy the story . :golfnana:

I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting!!

Reactions: Jets 31

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
From the Chicago of the North, thanks you were very insightful and it was nice to have another perspective, I only hope the Jets achieve what the Black Hawks have :thumbu: and hope we beat you brains in next year :naughty::sarcasm:, have a great summer
no prob, looking forward to the battles next year - though I might have to remove adopted Canadian soon..lol!!!

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
stream_img.jpg

Here's some perspective, from the best:
‘All the world ‘s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.’

I'm sure we'll be sharing more play-off experiences here next year.
Cheers, and have a great summer!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think the Jets showed that they need to learn how to play while down a goal or two and also let's hope they learned something after giving up 4 straight in the playoffs.
NSH took more out of the team than anyone is admitting to if you ask me.
MAF won this series for Vegas...let's hope Helle learned something from that.

Reactions: GNP

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

This is freaking awesome man, thanks for sharing :D

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just a part 2 to my little story , man Tanev , Roslovic , Dano and Ehlers are small but they all are cut . No way any of them have a ounce of fat on them . :laugh:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Watching this team take such a massive step forward from last season was a treat to watch. After the first two games it felt like it might be another long, disappointing season. But once Ehlers got that 3-2 against the Oilers back in October when they really needed it the team took off and played at a consistently high level for most of the season.

Considering a lot of the success came from our young core (Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Morrissey, Trouba, Hellebuyck) I'm feeling incredibly confident that this team is ready for the long term. Add in the fact that Roslovic has almost certainly established himself as a full-time NHLer (I have little doubt he'll be excellent come training camp to hammer it home), Niku established himself as a top AHL defenceman in his rookie season, and Vesalainen had a pretty good draft +1 year, the Jets have no shortage of reinforcements for the time being.

This is just the beginning.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok this is getting to be a little bit of a habit now :laugh: Was at Pizzeria Gusto last night and saw 2 guys walk in wearing Jets hats and go to the bar , i'm kind of watching them because they look familiar and then realize it's Wheeler and Buff . I don't want to annoy them so as i pretended to go to the bathroom i said thanks for the great year and lets kick ass next season and win it all , they both said thanks and said definitely . Was too chicken to ask for autograph and didn't want to bother them , they were doing some shots . I think Wheeler has a house just up the street , maybe they were there and decided to go and eat , and apparently drink . :laugh:

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Ok this is getting to be a little bit of a habit now :laugh: Was at Pizzeria Gusto last night and saw 2 guys walk in wearing Jets hats and go to the bar , i'm kind of watching them because they look familiar and then realize it's Wheeler and Buff . I don't want to annoy them so as i pretended to go to the bathroom i said thanks for the great year and lets kick ass next season and win it all , they both said thanks and said definitely . Was too chicken to ask for autograph and didn't want to bother them , they were doing some shots . I think Wheeler has a house just up the street , maybe they were there and decided to go and eat , and apparently drink . :laugh:
you bump into a lot of Jets :laugh: It's good they acknowledged you, thanks for posting.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Wow, twice in a row. I have yet to ever run into the Jets player. But I did one time end up fishing beside a big group of guys in the middle of the night in Lockport. I was pulling in catfish left right and centre in the poor group of guys had been skunked for a couple hours. So I finally went over and gave them some of my shrimp that I was using for bait and they started pulling in catfish all night. It turns out that they were a bunch of players from the Goldeyes. They ended up giving me free tickets to the next game. That was pretty awesome.

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Beating Nashville was really awesome. Clown pounding Minny was also awesome. Ran into MAF though. So frustrating. Oh well the Jets are set up for a long time now. They say missing on a 1st round pick sets your franchise back 2 years. What happens when you hit home runs on 6 in a row? Good times ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad