Thanks Jets, what a ride

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
It's always hard to get eliminated and the closer you get to the ultimate goal the harder it gets. But ultimately this Jets team overachieved in a great manner. Majority of fans and neutral spectators were thinking that making the playoffs is a realistic goal for the season. They managed that and then some.

It feels disappointing to lose, especially cause it feels that the team didn't play up to it's potential in the round they lost. But such is the case most of the time when you get eliminated. Was it because the Knights simply were that good or the Jets that bad or a combination of both, it is up to the individual to judge.

In short summary, everyone on the team gets a good grade. Chevy and Maurice showed the owners that there really is a potential for success when these two are leading the franchise. I'm excited about the future of this Winnipeg Jets team and I do think the following seasons have great potential in them. Now it's time for everyone to take a break and start again after summer.

Oh, Jets have awesome fans on HF and in the city! Congrats for the fans and thanks for the team! Have a nice summer!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This was a great season but i wish we would have went down with more fight , especially at home . Anyway i would like to think we all need a break , us and the players . :laugh: Hope everyone has a great REST of summer , can't believe it's almost June already . Ah who am i kidding , alot of us will be here just to give Chevy a hand in roster decisions . :laugh:

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Great season. We were a top4 team. Quite an improvement. Young team showing what they got.

Reactions: GNP

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Great season - exceeded most people’s expectations. Now, I get my summer back.

Soon, we’ll be talking contracts, trades, drafts and line combos.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great season, not upset in anyway......the team exceeded everyone's expectations this year. Amazing year. Look forward to contracts being signed, draft and a few moves to improve the team next season and beyond.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Where to begin...

1. The season was a success. They went further than anyone of us could have imagined. The ending was abrupt and painful, not how we wanted to go out that stung hard. However, the overall body of work is incredible. This was the breakout season we needed This was a giant leap forward from wild card team hopeful to true Stanley Cup contender. The bar has been raised and we will all be better for it.

2. We have seen the Vegas Golden Knights before. In 1995 they were the New Jersey Devils, in 1999 the Buffalo Sabres, In 2004 they were the Calgary Flames. Marc Andre Fleury has been known in past lives as Martin Brodeur, Dominik Hasek and Mikka Kiprusoff. It happens on a semi-regular basis. Having a series stolen from you by a hot goalie..

3. Fatigue. More mental than physical. They spent their strength in the Nashville series in a disproportionate way. But what else did we expect them to do, not win that Game 7?

4. Ehlers, Laine, Connor. All three of them had moments of God awful, which were actually quite frequent. They reminded me of Schief three years ago. Remember when Kesler owned him. That changed, this young group of Jets will learn and improve as Schief did. When that happens, there is your secondary scoring.

This is a bitter loss today, but it is not the end, it is the beginning of something special. I am in Winnipeg May 31. I hoped so bad they would be playing. Holidays get booked next year for mid-June....there may be some Jets hockey to watch.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
This was a fantastic season! All sorts of hurdles were overcome. I have gained a great deal of experience as a hockey fan and will be much better prepared to deal with the dramatic rollercoaster of a SC run in the future. :D

however, I'm finding my annoyance about one thing is only increasing rather than decreasing. The Las Vegas Golden Knights have - in less than one season of existence - now had more success as a franchise than our Winnipeg Jets have enjoyed in over 4 decades of struggle and futility. There's a very good chance this crummy expansion franchise is going to have a Stanley Cup banner to hang in their rafters already! We gots bubkis! It really bugs me and I do believe The Knights have now moved ahead of the Leafs on my "Most Hated Teams" list...

Reactions: Ducky10

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This was a fantastic season! All sorts of hurdles were overcome. I have gained a great deal of experience as a hockey fan and will be much better prepared to deal with the dramatic rollercoaster of a SC run in the future. :D

however, I'm finding my annoyance about one thing is only increasing rather than decreasing. The Las Vegas Golden Knights have - in less than one season of existence - now had more success as a franchise than our Winnipeg Jets have enjoyed in over 4 decades of struggle and futility. There's a very good chance this crummy expansion franchise is going to have a Stanley Cup banner to hang in their rafters already! We gots bubkis! It really bugs me and I do believe The Knights have now moved ahead of the Leafs on my "Most Hated Teams" list...
It could also really hurt Vegas with all this success so fast , if they have a bad year for some reason next year , they might have alot of empty seats . Vegas also has the NFL coming soon and hockey will take a major step back behind that team .

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It could also really hurt Vegas with all this success so fast , if they have a bad year for some reason next year , they might have alot of empty seats . Vegas also has the NFL coming soon and hockey will take a major step back behind that team .

Yeah I could totally see things getting kinda crappy next year. It will likely be a very different season. But, they will always have that banner hanging there...

Reactions: Jets 31

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
They had a great run this year, far better than I expected. I am proud of the Jets. Use this experience as a stepping stone for next year.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
What a great season. Jets got lots of new fans including wife.
Still think we should have beaten Vegas with a few bounces
going our way instead of thiers. But Vegas is deserving of
being in finals.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
If im all the Jets players

I take a 3 weeks vacation.

And go back at it training.

And thanks
CHEVY for assembling an awesome team.
And the coaching staff for having to figure it out excwpt the last 4 vegas gamea ;)

And to all the players. Lots of breakout years .
Bigger steps bext yeAr.

Make 2 system
One for the rest of the league and 1 howw to beat vegas :)

Go Jets go.
16 weeks til training camp

Yahooo

Reactions: Ducky10

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
It was a great time, and all good things must come to an end sometime. Proud of the Jets. We'll see them next year, and that's the best part. Go Jets Go!

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Watching meaningful Jets hockey on the May long weekend was pretty sweet! It's been a very entertaining season and this team is just going to get stronger. The loss stings a little but it took a very well coached and assembled team that had really no apparant weaknesses plus top notch goaltending to knock them out. This team will be back next season (only about 16 weeks away) with the knowledge that they have what it takes for deep playoff runs. Can't wait to see what this team looks like opening day

Anyway, I also really enjoyed this season on this forum. Thanks for all the awesome GDT's (best in the league). Hope everyone has a great summer in the True North and I will make my annual pilgrimage up there with a visit to the Jets store and take in a Bomber game in July.

Cheers!

Go!:jetsGo!

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm finding my annoyance about one thing is only increasing rather than decreasing. The Las Vegas Golden Knights have - in less than one season of existence - now had more success as a franchise than our Winnipeg Jets have enjoyed in over 4 decades of struggle and futility. There's a very good chance this crummy expansion franchise is going to have a Stanley Cup banner to hang in their rafters already! We gots bubkis! It really bugs me and I do believe The Knights have now moved ahead of the Leafs on my "Most Hated Teams" list...

I think we have to remember the success that Vegas has had in their inaugural season is an anomaly. While it is annoying to see them doing so well in only their first season, let's also remember that the majority of fans in other NHL cities feel the same way that we do and in some ways moreso.

Just think about St. Louis which has been in the league since 1967 and has never won a Stanley Cup. They were in the finals their first season but that was mostly the result of all six expansion teams being placed in one division, therefore, one of the new teams was destined play for the cup that year.

It's been 50 years since the Leafs last hoisted the Stanley Cup and have never been to the finals ever since. Even the vaunted Montreal Canadiens, who at one time were almost always a fixture in the finals, have not won the cup since 1993. Although the Washington Capitals have a chance to advance to the finals this year, they have never made it there since joining the NHL in 1974.

There are plenty of teams that share our dismay at the rapid success of Vegas but that is what the NHL wanted in order to be able to command such a hefty expansion fee for the new franchise. Now that it's known that success can be achieved so soon by an expansion team, there may be more suitors looking to bring the NHL to their market and be willing to part with a huge amount of cash.

At least we know the Jets are trending in the right direction. I'm sure there are those in other markets that are a little envious of what we have going here in Winnipeg as well. We fell a bit short this year but hopefully there are even better things on the horizon for the Jets.

:jets

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Your team is such a throwback - speed, physicality, depth - that it's entertaining to watch. Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.

Congrats on your team winning the draft lottery. Those franchise D men can carry risk most years but you guys get to feast on an absolute beauty in Dahlin.

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
Amazing season! Can't wait to see what next year brings. I think it's clear they were tired after a draining series against Nashville and thought they'd coast through after the first win in Vegas. But, running into a hot goalie and a team that capitalizes on mistakes was a bit too much.

Onwards and upwards! They have learned a whole lot this year and I look forward to many more trips to the playoffs!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Special shout out to our board MVP Zhamnov for all his incredible GDT's. Made the season that much better.

:thumbu:

2apwo2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad