News Article: Thanks for the memories Grover

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's honestly a damn shame. He was very good at what he did. He wasn't afraid to be a bit negative but was still not a guy who overreacted.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't even know who this guy is so it doesn't bother me much.
He was on Pens radio?
I might have listened to that once, ever.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Just a guess, but IMO the post-game over the last two seasons has become nearly unlistenable. Most nights there were no callers, just banal to the extreme coach and player interviews - always intro'd by Grover as - 'let's hear what Mike Johnston had to say, let's hear what Craig ....nevermind.

Even Borque was somewhat pushed into the background. Anybody whose listened to that show knows that ol 29'er was taking longer and longer to get there after the home games.

Then you've got Captain Snooze, Steve Kolbe, who sucks at radio so bad it'll make your ears bleed. Sam Kasan's stupid tweets are better than Steve Kolbe.

So, the ratings went down and rather than blame themselves the Pens PR dept. Yyechhh, blah, puke) showed Grover the door.

Pens17

Aug 3, 2009
I don't even know who this guy is so it doesn't bother me much.He was on Pens radio?I might have listened to that once, ever.

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone ...," Joni Mitchell. :clap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad