Thank You God For Espn Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
ESPN BROADBAND TO OFFER FOUR GAMES EXCLUSIVELY
ESPN Broadband - a high-speed, video content offering that delivers on-demand video to broadband subscribers -- will offer users free, live, exclusive coverage of four games. See below for schedule.

ESPN Broadband offers a unique video experience through a high-speed modem that demonstrates the true value of a broadband connection. Subscribers can view the latest highlights, exclusive programming, behind-the-scenes footage, and much more.

FROM SJSHARKS.COM

THE FOUR GAMES THAT WERE NOT SCEDUALED ON ESPN (ONLY ON CBC) WILL BE ON ESPN BROADBANDFOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD I HAVE CABLE INTERNET

FOR ANYONE THAT DOESNT HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET

LET ME TELL YOU ITS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

THIS IS THE UPDATYED SCHEDULE FOR USA FANS

Date Time (ET) City Match-up Network
8/30 1 p.m. ET Helsinki Cze vs. Fin ESPN
8/31 1 p.m. ET Stockholm Ger vs. Swe ESPN
8/31 7 p.m. ET Montreal Can vs. USA ESPN2
9/1 1 p.m. ET Stockholm Cze vs. Swe ESPN
9/1 7 p.m. ET Montreal Can vs. Slo ESPN2
9/2 1:30 p.m. ET Cologne Fin vs. Ger ESPN2
9/2 7 p.m. ET St. Paul USA vs. Rus ESPN2
9/3 1 p.m. ET Prague Ger vs. Cze ESPN
9/3 7 p.m. ET St. Paul USA vs. Slo ESPN2
9/4 1 p.m. ET Helsinki Swe vs. Fin Broadband
9/4 7 p.m. ET Toronto Can vs. Rus Broadband
9/5 7 p.m. ET Toronto Rus vs. Slo Broadband
9/6 1 p.m. ET TBA TBD Broadband
9/7 1 p.m. ET TBA TBD ESPN
9/7 7 p.m. ET St. Paul TBD ESPN2
9/8 7 p.m. ET Toronto TBD ESPN2
9/10 7 p.m. ET St. Paul Semifinal 1 ESPN2
9/11 6:30 p.m. ET Toronto Semifinal 2 ESPN2
9/14 7 p.m. ET Toronto Final ESPN2

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Its not on ESPN I just checked as well Satnos. Maybe this is their first Attempt and it's just a test. It would seem most likely ESPN Would try this with Hockey first thinking no one would Care. And then ESPN would end up getting so many hits the server slows to a crawl or crashes. Just my Guess.

Well someone needs to post who they partnered with. Because right now I'm not getting anything.

Last edited:

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
How fast does your Broadband need to be? Mine's only 250k or whatever the measurement is, most streaming video highlights are for either 56k or 300k so I'm always stuck in the middle. :mad:

EDIT: Oh crap its only for certain broadband providers anyway. :(

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Sotnos said:
Thanks! Doesn't want to work for me even though I have service from one of their members. Time to harrass ESPN. :D

Did you get a full list or did you just e-mail them and ask for your specifically. I have a feeling they partnered with mine but I'm not quite sure.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Belanger25 said:
Its not on ESPN I just checked as well Satnos. Maybe this is their first Attempt and it's just a test. It would seem most likely ESPN Would try this with Hockey first thinking no one would Care. And then ESPN would end up getting so many hits the server slows to a crawl or crashes. Just my Guess.
Yeah, it has to be VERY server intensive to actually broadcast a game. Don't know how well it'll work.

Well someone needs to post who they partnered with. Because right now I'm not getting anything.
Do a search with the "Search for Cable Service" thing and see if your provider comes up.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Sotnos said:
Yeah, it has to be VERY server intensive to actually broadcast a game. Don't know how well it'll work.

Do a search with the "Search for Cable Service" thing and see if your provider comes up.

only cable tv

i kno my connection is fast enough

it can go up to 3.0 mbps

scratch that it showed up

Option # 1
Comcast
Service Type: HSD
Installation: Comcast High-Speed Internet - Cable Customer
Price: 42.95
Billed: MONTHLY
Requirements: Operating Systems: Windows 98se, ME, 2000, XP; Processor Speed: 300 MHz or higher; Memory: 128MB; Hard Drive Space: 150 MB of available space; CD-ROM Drive: Required; USB Port: Recommended; Browser: IE 6.0 SP1 Operating Systems: MAC OS 9.0 thru 10.3 excluding 10.0; Processor Speed: PowerPC 603 / 200 MHz for MAC OS 9.x; Power MAC G3 for MAC OS 10.x; Memory: 128MB; Hard Drive Space: 100 MB of available hard drive space; CD-ROM Drive: Required; USB Port: Optional

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Sotnos said:

It did so I believe they did. But knowing aHELLphia they'll screw something up and I'll get 3 hours of Figure Skating. They once wouldn't show a Kings Leafs game in my Area for no reason. It was crap. On FSW it was scheduled on the TV as NHL Hockey Kings Vs Leafs. But We got 3 Hours of the Best Damn Sports Show Period. And when my Father called up pissed as all hell to see the game they told him they don't have to air it if they don't want to. We almost went to Satellite after that.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
My provider got into a dispute with the station that airs Bolts games two seasons ago and we lost two months of hockey coverage, so I know all about stupid cable companies. :) This, of course, happened at the same time the radio station that broadcasts games decided to not do internet streaming. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, I'd email them if your provider showed up in their list. From what that screen says, if your provider is a partner you're supposed to be seeing more than that grey screen.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sotnos said:

Being that ESPN is part of the Microsoft Network, I'm sure they have plenty of hardware and bandwidth at their disposal. So long as they can make more money than they spend, they can get whatever they need to do this. As we head into the future we'll see a whole lot more broadcasting on the internet.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Rob Paxon said:
Being that ESPN is part of the Microsoft Network, I'm sure they have plenty of hardware and bandwidth at their disposal. So long as they can make more money than they spend, they can get whatever they need to do this. As we head into the future we'll see a whole lot more broadcasting on the internet.

I hope NHL.com will have live webasts this year like mlb.tv

I wouldnt mind paying as long as it is cheeper then NHL center ice

I say $75-100 for the whole year is a good price to start with

I know the Ottawa 67's might have a live webcast of their home games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->