Thank you Blues and Blues Fans

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I am very impressed to learn that the proceeds from tonight's 50/50 draw from the Blues/Stars game is being donated to the relief efforts of the Fort McMurray Forest Fires... over $25,000!!! If you haven't seen the devastation, it's apocalyptic. I am in the insurance biz and the emotions of these 80,000 displaced citizens of the town are very high. Many of them do not even know if they have a home to go back to.

You guys definitely have an Alberta 'flavour' to your team and I am sure all of those Albertans and every other Albertan are very thankful for your generosity.

Watch THIS vid on NHL.com for the story and a brief clip of the fire.

If you have any ability to help you can donate HERE. (Mods, if this is not allowed then please remove the link)

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to the St. Louis Blues and Blues fans!!

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Very sad situation in Ft Mac. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected, which is pretty much everyone since the whole town was evacuated :(

Very nice gesture by the Blues organization to donate to the relief cause. Every little bit helps and those people can use alot of help right now. Was already cheering for St Louis to win it this year, this just makes me want them to win even more.

Reminder that the Canadian federal government is matching all donations made to the Canadian red cross Alberta Fire appeal. If you'd like to donate you can do so at the link below:

https://donate.redcross.ca/ea-action/action?&ea.client.id=1951&ea.campaign.id=50639

Canadians can also text REDCROSS to 30333 to make a $5 donation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad