Tribute Thank you, Andrew Hammond

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Thank you, Andrew Hammond, for your great tenure with the Habs.

You leave the team with a perfect record and pretty impressive stats.

You established a new record in the Habs long history book, by becoming the winningest goalie among all the undefeated ones. Which really sounds greater than it is!

Your 92 saves and Christmas theme uniform won't be forgotten any soon.

0218-spt-habsgamer-0016-1-20220219jpg

I hope the red pads you ordered will fit in New Jersey.

The Hamburglar was a Hab!

Last edited:

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I hope he can get a few games and some success in NJ. Still think he can maybe earn a contract to be a backup/3rd string somewhere

Reactions: angusyoung

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Seems like a well liked guy in the dressing room, classy of Hughes to give him a shot somewhere.

Wouldn't have minded him coming back to back-up Primeau in Laval next year, but Poulin has done very well there so won't be surprised to see him back.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I really liked the Hamburglar and I wish we could have kept him. I think he would have kept playing well however Highes explained the reason behind the trade and I wish Hammond a lot of success in New Jersey.

It was a nice story and I hope there’s a few more chapters left.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So long Hammy we hardly knew you,but you did perform admiringly in your short jaunt. It may have been brief,but for a while,you were the big cheese.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Hammond Hamburglaring Ottawa in the CH uniform after appearing to be out of the NHL for good, and getting another gig with NJ on NHL money as a result of his 3 performances for us when our injuries cleared up to make him surplus to requirements, is one of the stories of this season for us.

Good to see the organisation treating an honest pro, who gave respect to the role he was asked and paid to play, with due respect is refreshing and a welcome return to professionalism.

A lot of pros still want to play in the big markets and I'm sure Hammond will have plenty of opportunity to dine out on going 3-0 as the Habs goalie. And why shouldn't he?

Players can truly be stars and heroes in MTL, even for a career lasting 3 games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad