Thailand vs Kuwait. Hockey. 57-0

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This is a stupid tournament, but I get why the IIHF is doing it. BUT, it shows to me that they don;t pay attention to Asian hockey.

I can say this from the Thai perspective, as I play with and coach these kids, that Thai hockey is far and away the best in South and SE Asia, and we all know this. There's no reason they should be playing these teams, and nor should Uzbekistan/Mongolia/UAE.

All that said, the Thai u18s need this practice because they just don't get any games against good competition to help them grow. Frankly, this tournament should have been split into two tiers; everyone would have benefited.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Reminds me of Russia vs Turkey at the European Youth Olympic Festival a few years ago.

Russia sent a team with a handful of eventual drafted players (Podkolzin, Knyazev, Gordin, Guskov),
Score was only 42-0. Alas, Russia is no Thailand.:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jakub97

Jakub97

Jun 5, 2023
Reminds me of Russia vs Turkey at the European Youth Olympic Festival a few years ago.

Russia sent a team with a handful of eventual drafted players (Podkolzin, Knyazev, Gordin, Guskov),
Score was only 42-0. Alas, Russia is no Thailand.:)

Turkey almost scored a goal at around 1:08.

They demonstrated how the line between success and disappointment can be incredibly fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad