TGO And Super Mario Made Things Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentAlien*

i think he is merely suggesting that by having two of the most well known stars there brought extra attention to an already pathetic attempt at negoiating. I dont think it was meant as it was their fault, more as those two just add to the failure and in turn makes the NHL in general look worse.."not even the great ones could save them..."

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
ResidentAlien said:
i think he is merely suggesting that by having two of the most well known stars there brought extra attention to an already pathetic attempt at negoiating. I dont think it was meant as it was their fault, more as those two just add to the failure and in turn makes the NHL in general look worse.."not even the great ones could save them..."
Well that's not what I got from the article. He said that they made things worse, but failed to explain why.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Broadway Crosby said:
Well that's not what I got from the article. He said that they made things worse, but failed to explain why.
I agree with ResidentAlien because I read it late last night and that's exactly how I took it too, they really should have titled it better, it is misleading.

ResidentAlien*

ok, I guess it's perception.
I just see it as adding one more bad thing on top, therefore making it worse.
Their reputations are tarnished, their names dragged into this mess..you don't see that as making it worse?
Not that it was their fault.
Just my opinion

Edit: I dont think they are tarnished, but many a media outlet has taken that view

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would have thought that bringing in Mario would have brought some sanity since he is BOTH an owner and a player. I thought wrong.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Well it appeared after this meeting the players and NHL seemed to think the talks were not so acrimonious. If having these two in the room helps to move things along and fewer and fewer issues occur I think it is better. Somehow I think the PA takes what Wayne and Mario have to say much more seriously and might be more thoughful on how to move forward. If that is the only thing that came from the meeting I hope Wayne and Mario continue to be involved if the ultimate end achievement is an agreement I am all for it.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
ResidentAlien said:
ok, I guess it's perception.
I just see it as adding one more bad thing on top, therefore making it worse.
Their reputations are tarnished, their names dragged into this mess..you don't see that as making it worse?
Not that it was their fault.
Just my opinion

Edit: I dont think they are tarnished, but many a media outlet has taken that view
IMO, it isn't their fault that the owners and players are complete idiots.

And I'm not going to care that they didn't get a deal done between the two ****ing parties. It's nearly impossible.

go kim johnsson said:
I would have thought that bringing in Mario would have brought some sanity since he is BOTH an owner and a player. I thought wrong.

SSJTOM said:
As did I.
Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad