Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Feel kind of bad because half the fans probably thought it was tied.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
TFC were resilient tonight in the face of a hungry Tigres team. Giovinco was clutch tonight, scoring a goal and causing the other. There were a few defensive gaffes but hopefully those can be ironed out before the semi-finals.

Congrats TFC!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
What a result

The real challenge is next round though. America in way better form and Azteca in the second leg is not going to be fun.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So, we'll be facing this guy next:

BtNpKqt.gif

Reactions: Johnny Steps

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
It shows how much we need Mavinga in there to sweep up the mistakes and deficiencies of Zabeleta, Moor and Hagglund. They're perfectly fine MLS defenders, but these Mexican sides have an attack on a whole other level.

Bring on Club America!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Thrilled with the result!

Tigres UANL is a world class team <- ranked 24th by WorldClubRanking.com

As a comparison, TFC is ranked 194th... Not sure what I think of this, and it probably gives less credibility to the website.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
What the hell happened in the last 6 minutes? We lead 2-1? I turned the channel. I know we on aggregate but wth

They were pressing and scored off a nice header to tie the score at 2-2. Then the ref decided to gift them a penalty kick in the dying seconds for a BS hand ball call in the box.

Good thing Giovinco scored that beauty free kick or we would have been screwed.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It shows how much we need Mavinga in there to sweep up the mistakes and deficiencies of Zabeleta, Moor and Hagglund. They're perfectly fine MLS defenders, but these Mexican sides have an attack on a whole other level.

Bring on Club America!

I think the next leg is in 2 weeks. We really need Mavinga and Morrow back to face Club America.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Thrilled with the result!

Tigres UANL is a world class team <- ranked 24th by WorldClubRanking.com

As a comparison, TFC is ranked 194th... Not sure what I think of this, and it probably gives less credibility to the website.

MLS doesn't get the recognition it deserves yet outside of the region. The league is still in it's infancy stages relatively speaking.

Make no mistake, this was an upset, but I think TFC proved that the gap isn't nearly as wide as those rankings would have you believe.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I have always been a poo-pooer of soccer, but TFC has really won me over the last couple of years. And last night was easily the first time I have ever been so immersed in a game. Tense watching the team trying to hold on to advance. Cheering loudly when they scored, especially Giovinco's gorgeous goal. And quite honestly, I was getting anxiety watching that game in how hostile the environment was. That crowd was ridiculously loud, and I was fearful for the TFC players and the ref.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Great first half. Second half we looked like we were playing not to lose (which I guess we kind of were in a way).

I like Drew Moor but his lack of foot speed was exposed time and time again by Tigres in that match. Another 5 minutes added on that game and we surely would have conceded again, IMO

As another poster mentioned, we need Mavinga and Morrow back in there ASAP

Glad to be going through tho, well done lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad