Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Amazing game. We outplayed arguably the best team in CONCACAF and gave ourselves a chance in the second leg.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
What a game! The first few minutes had me worried we were about to have our backsides handed to us but then TFC just turned it on....defended well, moved the ball quickly and efficiently.

Tigres pressed on defense, got on us very quickly. Was impressed with our ball movement.

Second leg in Mehico won't be so easy...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Next leg will be tough hopefully we can either grab a goal early or disrupt the Tigres offense long enough to force them to take risks, and try and grab a goal through the counter.

Overall though loving what I'm seeing, so excited for all competitions as we move forward this year.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
I was shocked, looked like a lot of empty seats. If they can make it past Tigres I'll be looking to go to the next round in T.O for sure.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I was shocked, looked like a lot of empty seats. If they can make it past Tigres I'll be looking to go to the next round in T.O for sure.

Late arriving crowd. It was actually an excellent turnout for a mid week game in poor weather. There were about 25,000 people.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So proud of the boys. They never stopped playing.

Will be very interesting to see what the atmosphere is like next week in Mexico.

For anyone that follows this a little more closely than I do, is this CONCACAF Champion's League a big deal to the Mexican teams in terms of their seasons?

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
So proud of the boys. They never stopped playing.

Will be very interesting to see what the atmosphere is like next week in Mexico.

For anyone that follows this a little more closely than I do, is this CONCACAF Champion's League a big deal to the Mexican teams in terms of their seasons?

Yes and no. Liga MX has dominated the CCL since it's inception, so supporters of their respective clubs are accustomed to winning the tournament. Most of the time, it's two Mexican sides that end up in the Final.

MLS sides have started making noise in recent years, with Salt Lake City and Montreal being the only clubs to make it to the Final and ultimately lose.

I think it will be a bigger deal in Mexico if someone finally knocks them off their perch a few times.

Reactions: LeafChief

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
2nd leg today in mexico big game, Can any of the national team players who where called up still play today?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing with the time difference this is a late start here?

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Mexico has been death valley for MLS clubs in the past. Here's hoping we can emulate what the NY Red Bulls did last week and pull off a shocker.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bono needs to play it short on those goal kicks instead of giving it away every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad