Teppo Numminen in Torino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
First of all, I'm not an emotional guy - I can pretty much take everything on TV without flinching.

But seeing Teppo Numminen fighting tears in an interview after the game, it ****ing broke my heart. Watching him trying to answer the idiotic questions (I wanted to break the interviewer's bones, one by one) was just too much. This is the one guy I want to win something big, either Stanley Cup, World Championship, World Cup or Olympic gold. Now it might be too late for him.

There has never been a classier player than Teppo Numminen, bar none. I salute you.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pepper said:
First of all, I'm not an emotional guy - I can pretty much take everything on TV without flinching.

But seeing Teppo Numminen fighting tears in an interview after the game, it ****ing broke my heart. Watching him trying to answer the idiotic questions (I wanted to break the interviewer's bones, one by one) was just too much. This is the one guy I want to win something big, either Stanley Cup, World Championship, World Cup or Olympic gold. Now it might be too late for him.

There has never been a classier player than Teppo Numminen, bar none. I salute you.

What kind of questions?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I think the channel was Idiotic Reporters Asking Idiotic Questions.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Kain

Mar 10, 2005
On the Road...Again
I had the same situation when Numminen did that interview. He played with all his heart throughout this tournament as he always does. It was just too emotional for me. All the respect in the world to you, Teppo...

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Pepper said:

Who says it's too late? :D

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Yeah I felt so bad for Teppo. God damn Jussi Saarinen with his stupid questions. We do not need to see Teppo tortured in a moment like that...leave the guys alone and give them a couple of hours to work it out.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Anybody else think he should win the Masterton? 6 years ago, Teppo was my favorite non-Sabre in the NHL. When they signed him, I was happy, but I figured he'd be pretty washed up. The guy has 30 points this year, he's been a steadying force on a very solid team, and he's consistently a leader on the ice. If that's not dedication and perseverence, then I don't know what is [barring illness].

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
BikeGiftingMan said:
Anybody else think he should win the Masterton? 6 years ago, Teppo was my favorite non-Sabre in the NHL. When they signed him, I was happy, but I figured he'd be pretty washed up. The guy has 30 points this year, he's been a steadying force on a very solid team, and he's consistently a leader on the ice. If that's not dedication and perseverence, then I don't know what is [barring illness].
That's an excellent idea. He deserves that kind of recognition.

It's funny - only fans of the team (or country) that he plays for have ever really recognized his contribution to their teams, and what a great player and citizen he is.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It felt bad watching Teppo's tears and yes that Saarinen is an idiot.

I hope Sabres will go far this year!

Teppo you're the man! :handclap:

Pumpeli

Jul 23, 2005
Teppo played very well troughout the tournament, he was our leader with Saku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad