Injury Report: Telegin ready to go? Yes he is!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
picture 8:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/multimedia/fp-slideshow/Winnipeg-Jets-practice-222429211.html

No red jersey. He's cleared for contact. It was an informal practice however.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/jetstream/hockey/pre-season-hockey-is-upon-us/

Perhaps the most intriguing player to watch will be LW Ivan Telegin, who hasn’t played a game since Jan. 13 when he suffered a concussion against the Toronto Marlies and had his season come to a premature end.

Telegin spent much of the summer rehabbing in Winnipeg and recently received full medical clearance.

He looks determined to have a big season — he’s an outstanding skater with a big-league shot — but Telegin admitted that he’ll be feeling some nerves and is looking forward to feeling normal in a game situation and getting back to a place where things simply come naturally for him on the ice.

Last edited:

Curt in WPG

Sep 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Geez, looking at Thorburn in the slide show and knowing what Bogo & Stuart look like with beard's it's like we have the cast of Duck Dynasty playing for us...

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Watched Telegin at the prospects skate this morning; the skills are there but I'm not sure if the drive is. Meh, at least for today.

Axel Blomqvist is freakin' gigantic and likes the rough stuff.

Lodge was wearing the red shirt - so he is still injured.

It was all line rushes and battle drills; tough to get much of a read regarding individual players in those situations. Lowry and Trouba were each drilling random opponents on occasion. Petan scored on a nice one-timer. Kosmo scored a really nice goal at speed. Cisse needs a haircut; he looks like he should be playing DB for the Bombers when sporting that mop.

EDIT: Edited to add that Sol looked better than in the past; I think he probably spent the summer working on his footwork.

None of the guys on tryout really stood out aside from Blomqvist.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Watched Telegin at the prospects skate this morning; the skills are there but I'm not sure if the drive is. Meh, at least for today.

It was all line rushes and battle drills; tough to get much of a read regarding individual players in those situations. Lowry and Trouba were each drilling random opponents on occasion. Petan scored on a nice one-timer. Kosmo scored a really nice goal at speed. Cisse needs a haircut; he looks like he should be playing DB for the Bombers when sporting that mop.

EDIT: Edited to add that Sol looked better than in the past; I think he probably spent the summer working on his footwork.

Thanks Gump. Did Blomqvist stand out just based on size alone, or did he stand out for his play?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I didn't realize that Axel Blomqvist was 6' 5" and 220 at 18 years old :amazed:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I didn't realize that Axel Blomqvist was 6' 5" and 220 at 18 years old :amazed:

It will be interesting to see what happens with him and the other invitees if they have a really strong tourney.

Theoret is obviously in a bit of a different situation than Blomqvist and Verrier due to age, but I wonder of the Jets would sign a standout who still has junior eligibility.

I have never seen Verrier, but his numbers suggest he can score and that he is a big time pest (116 PIMs). This intrigues me.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It will be interesting to see what happens with him and the other invitees if they have a really strong tourney.

Theoret is obviously in a bit of a different situation than Blomqvist and Verrier due to age, but I wonder of the Jets would sign a standout who still has junior eligibility.

I have never seen Verrier, but his numbers suggest he can score and that he is a big time pest (116 PIMs). This intrigues me.

What I love about this year is that there are many prospects who intrigue me! I love having some junior depth to watch.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
What I love about this year is that there are many prospects who intrigue me! I love having some junior depth to watch.

Same here. I'm almost more excited to see these prospects games than the real thing. ALMOST. :laugh:

Finally having a deeper prospect pool to cheer for sure is refreshing.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Same here. I'm almost more excited to see these prospects games than the real thing. ALMOST. :laugh:

Finally having a deeper prospect pool to cheer for sure is refreshing.

Having a strong prospect pool that can push the old guard due to fear for their jobs is nice too. The last two years, the pool has been so shallow, there wasn't much worry for any of the regulars.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00