Teemu Pulkkinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I had my doubts about Pulks during his first call up. I am not one to be unrealistic and expect him to look good at that point. He really looked like he might be one of those guys that could be great in the AHL and not be able to make that adjustment to the NHL. His last call up he showed that was not the case. The guy is a NHLer it's just a matter of how good of one he will be.

What's with this get rid of Jurco nonsense... Jurco has shown flashes of skill much greater than anyone on our team not named Datsyuk. Jurco is much younger than the rest of our young guys and already is a well rounded player. He has done absolutely nothing to lose his spot and his upside is huge. The worst case scenario Jurco ends up the best 3rd line player a team could ask for. This kid is like Dekeyser, a pure Red Wing for life. That's just the way it is

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
It is just embarrassing right now in GR. Pookie, Ouellet, Mrazek are all legit NHL players, not in the future, but right now. On top of that you have Sproul, Mantha, Athanasiou, Jensen who could all become NHL players.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Just a positive problem to have. Far from embarrassing.

I think of it as GR embarrassing the rest of the league. 7-1 win to extend the winning streak to 9 haha. If Jurco and Marchenko end up in the AHL, They are The 31st NHL team

I know Jurco was made eligible for playoffs; was Marchenko ?

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
This organization has so much depth.

Next Year???

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Weiss - Helm - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Andersson

Kronwall - Zidlicky
DeKeyser - Marchenko
Ericsson - Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

(Maybe Jensen can steal Ericsson's Job :naughty:)

Quincey still has a year left on his contract, He will be with the team next season.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I think of it as GR embarrassing the rest of the league. 7-1 win to extend the winning streak to 9 haha. If Jurco and Marchenko end up in the AHL, They are The 31st NHL team

I know Jurco was made eligible for playoffs; was Marchenko ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was sent down on the deadline day for AHL playoff eligibility.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No wonder if you count average point% from both NHL and AHL at this season, Red Wings/Grand Rapids is the best Host/farm -combo in the league.

Tampa/Syracuse comes second and Washington/Hershey, Nashville/Milwaukee are next.

I think that measures organizational depth in a good way.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Pulks is a very valuable asset and not something to be gotten rid of.

2pts in eleven games doesn't really equate a valuable asset. Good for him for finding success in the AHL, but he doesn't have the tools to carry it over to the NHL. Thus, better to use him as a bait for a trade before other teams notice this as well.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
2pts in eleven games doesn't really equate a valuable asset. Good for him for finding success in the AHL, but he doesn't have the tools to carry it over to the NHL. Thus, better to use him as a bait for a trade before other teams notice this as well.

You're drawing that conclusion from an 11 game sample size? Oh my...

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Tomas Tatar had 1 point in his first 9 games in the NHL.

Thankfully our GM looks at more than a players production in a tiny sample size, while adjusting to the best league in the world, to determine a players value.

RedMachine87

May 20, 2011
A^2
No wonder if you count average point% from both NHL and AHL at this season, Red Wings/Grand Rapids is the best Host/farm -combo in the league.

Tampa/Syracuse comes second and Washington/Hershey, Nashville/Milwaukee are next.

I think that measures organizational depth in a good way.

That's a great way of looking at it imo. Future is bright - need a legitimate blue chip defensive prospect now...

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings need to call him up and send Jurco down. I like Jurco, but he could use some time in the AHL to build up some confidence. He couldn't handle (or contain) a pass from Datsyuk last night, and Dats is one of the best passers in the game.

I also remember not long ago when people were mad about Bertuzzi and Cleary getting ice time over the kids. Holland burns a 2nd to get a 36 y/o Cole and immediately sends Pulkkinen back down and nobody seems to be bothered by it. Pulkkinen needs to be on this team right now.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Pulkks for Jurco sounds legit right now. Just to give Jurco him some confidence and Pullks some more time to show what he's capable of.
Imagine the team we'd ice, when Marchenko's back. Two RHD and Pullks' holy slapper.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tomas Tatar had 1 point in his first 9 games in the NHL.

Thankfully our GM looks at more than a players production in a tiny sample size, while adjusting to the best league in the world, to determine a players value.

Yeah, and like Brad Marchand had 0+1 on his first season (20 games). After that, +20 goal seasons.

Just too early to tell. Hard to imagine Pulkkinen would not do well in NHL. I see another Mike Hoffmann in him who also fourished in AHL. Just too good shot.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Wings need to call him up and send Jurco down. I like Jurco, but he could use some time in the AHL to build up some confidence. He couldn't handle (or contain) a pass from Datsyuk last night, and Dats is one of the best passers in the game.

I also remember not long ago when people were mad about Bertuzzi and Cleary getting ice time over the kids. Holland burns a 2nd to get a 36 y/o Cole and immediately sends Pulkkinen back down and nobody seems to be bothered by it. Pulkkinen needs to be on this team right now.

That's because Bertuzzi and Cleary were worthless and Cole is not. Seriously, bad comparison.

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013

Didn't he trade the second for cole and a third? That's like 20 draft places.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Acquiring Cole is a clear signal that Pukes isn't ready. You guys can't be serious that Jurco should be sent down because he missed a pass or two from Dats.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Acquiring Cole is a clear signal that Pukes isn't ready.

I think it's a bigger reflection on Franzen being injured. The Wings love a bigger guy with scoring touch. They can slide up and down the lineup.

I love what I'm seeing from Pookie so far, but he's a prototypical scorer that should be in the top 6 to succeed.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think it's a bigger reflection on Franzen being injured. The Wings love a bigger guy with scoring touch. They can slide up and down the lineup.

I love what I'm seeing from Pookie so far, but he's a prototypical scorer that should be in the top 6 to succeed.

It's so frustrating that he was finally getting some time with Z on the top line and BAM, Z goes down with an injury. UGH.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's so frustrating that he was finally getting some time with Z on the top line and BAM, Z goes down with an injury. UGH.

That really did hurt.

It wouldn't surprise me if he sneaks into our playoff lineup the way Nyquist did his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->