Teemu Pulkkinen II: Re-signed 1 year 735k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
What's there to discuss at this point? Pulkkinen is awesome.

/thread.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
About the stick tapping, I get what most of you are saying that its a bad thing. But it seems like you're trying to play poker or something. I have only seen 5 detroit games where pulks was playing, I noticed he was asking for the puck aggressively, but it was only a positive thing. The D wont go after him just because his tapping his stick, and when he was it was on the powerplay. C'mon guys! He's scored 33 goals in about 40 games, I think he knows what he's doing.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I just hope the coaches on the wings read this forum and tell Pulks to quit tapping his stick / sarc

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have we settled on Pookie?

Ummmm

latest

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

About that Golden Brett video from the oldthread... just look that goal at 1:35. Exact carbon copy of Pulu's first career goal.

And I could already say, Pulkkinen is faster than hull ever was. And don't see a difference on the release. Of course game has changed faster, defencemen are betterm goalies are better... but still.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That's what I'm saying, Henkka. Pookie should ditch the tap and copy Hull's release. Not because the tap is a total disaster, but because I think it will help his timing mostly.

But man, that one-timer from Pulkkinen is a thing of beauty. It really does look like Hull. God I hope he can score even a fraction of the goals Hull did.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
About the stick tapping, I get what most of you are saying that its a bad thing. But it seems like you're trying to play poker or something. I have only seen 5 detroit games where pulks was playing, I noticed he was asking for the puck aggressively, but it was only a positive thing. The D wont go after him just because his tapping his stick, and when he was it was on the powerplay. C'mon guys! He's scored 33 goals in about 40 games, I think he knows what he's doing.

Surely there is a reason it's basically never done in the NHL.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

What works at the AHL level doesn't always work at the NHL level.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I must not see him enough but I really don't like how he moves without the puck. For a set up slapshot guy he has a hard time finding open places. Maybe I need to see more of him.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
I don't like the tapping, but I love the mentality that leads to it. He wants to shoot, much like tatar, but I'd say more so.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I don't like the tapping, but I love the mentality that leads to it. He wants to shoot, much like tatar, but I'd say more so.

He is definitely a shooter, very refreshing to see a euro guy who wants to shoot first. It is obviously not realistic to expect him to live up to the very high standard associated with being called Teemu, but he does have that same goal scoring drive, looking to score rather than pass.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He is definitely a shooter, very refreshing to see a euro guy who wants to shoot first. It is obviously not realistic to expect him to live up to the very high standard associated with being called Teemu, but he does have that same goal scoring drive, looking to score rather than pass.

As long as he doesn't whine as much as the other Teemu, I think we are all good. :laugh:

The one superstar player when everyone says but everyone likes that guy, I sit there shake my head at the person that just said it and say/think I cannot stand him.

I think the shift to smaller ice really brought out the shoot first mentality in Pulkkinen. It is a good thing, as soon as he realize the recovery time and skill NHL guys have with their sticks we will see great results. He actually has changed a lot of his shooting motions even over the last two years, so I am confident he will speed up his delivery another beat for the NHL level.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I really don't see why Jurco is playing over Pulkkinen

Yup me neither. Tats Dats Pulk please?

You got the holy slapper. Tatar's drive to the net mentality and Dats's wicked wrister and backhand who could dish it to Pulk from any angle.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Here's the thing. Pulkkinen won't succeed consistently at the NHL level until he finds a way to get his shot off in traffic or generate time and space to do so. Watch his AHL highlights. So much room, so much time, so much space and it shows that he can do what he wants given these constraints. At the NHL level however, all of these disappear. This question in his career will be, can he do these things? Otherwise he may wind up like Porter and Miele, a career AHLer.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If Wings keep Pulks rest of the season down and if he can keep his current pace
with Griffins, 18 games left (last 20 games; 23 goals 12 assists)
which looks pretty darn sick to me.

We be looking at 50-55 goals,close to 100 points.
breaking Brett Hull's 50 goal AHL record BTW,if the above happens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Wings keep Pulks rest of the season down and if he can keep his current pace
with Griffins, 18 games left (last 20 games; 23 goals 12 assists)
which looks pretty darn sick to me.

We be looking at 50-55 goals,close to 100 points.
breaking Brett Hull's 50 goal AHL record BTW,if the above happens.

:amazed: Brett hull again? :amazed: Who is this guy? :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->