Teams you're supposed to hate but are rooting for.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Canucks fans here. For obvious reasons, I don't like the Bruins but I hope the B's beat the holy hell out of the Leafs.

You see this I don't get. The Canucks are an afterthought to Leafs fans, we only play you guys twice a season. There is no rivalry between the Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs and never will be, geography combined with NHL scheduling will never allow it to happen.

The Bruins on the other hand is an organization that shattered your fanbases hopes and dreams of its first Stanley Cup, a franchise that indirectly was the cause of massive riots that gained Canada wide and international media attention.

Don't get me wrong, a fan can have his/her own opinion and preference but yours just baffles me.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I feel like I’m supposed to hate the Jets due to some weird Matthews/Laine fan made rivalry but I don’t. I would love to see the Jets kill it through these playoffs

Reactions: supermann_98

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not supposed to hate the Leafs, but I do now. Wait I'm doing this thread backwards...

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
I should hate Tampa because they’re our opponent in the first round. But if we lose I’ll be rooting for them in the east.

Reactions: JFleegs

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Absolutely hate Philly for many reasons (including the rowdy and immature fans) but I would love to see The Pens eliminated in the first round.

Let me add that the despite the reputation of the fanbase there are some pretty great and cool fans including quite a few on here.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I should not be rooting for the preds. Not only are they a rival but we have their first round pick.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Uhhhh. Colorado I guess. I don't hate them necessarily. But I certainly don't like them. But I would be quite happy if they beat Nashville.

Only way my answer changes is if San Jose and LA play each other but even then it's kinda like...can they both lose?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Sure. I'm rooting for both the Caps and the Jackets at the same time. 7 game series, lots of overtimes. By all means, they can both have at it.
Same here. Rooting for both the Pens and Flyers. Please, Hockey Gods, hear my prayers and make the series between two Pennsylvanian teams long till game 7 with lots of overtimes, brawls and fights in every game, cheap shots and other f***s. I want whoever comes out of this series will be exhausted and done, so whoever comes out of our series prevail in the next round :bow::bow::bow:

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
You see this I don't get. The Canucks are an afterthought to Leafs fans, we only play you guys twice a season. There is no rivalry between the Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs and never will be, geography combined with NHL scheduling will never allow it to happen. The Bruins on the other hand is an organization that shattered your fanbases hopes and dreams of its first Stanley Cup, a franchise that indirectly was the cause of massive riots that gained Canada wide and international media attention. Don't get me wrong, a fan can have his/her own opinion and preference but yours just baffles me.

It's not a Canucks thing trust me. Most Nucks fans still hate the Bruins with a passion. I know other Nucks fans outside Van who are pretty chill. This whole Toronto thing is more of a Vancouver problem than a Canucks fan one. People in Vancouver just have this weird obsession with all things Toronto and the local sports media (1040) always incites it. I remember when the Raptors played preseason games here, people were getting angry and said Vancouver should support Portland rather than the Raptors. Samething with the Jays...there's a whole group of them in Van who actively cheer for the Mariners when the Jays come out west.

The whole thing is just weird. I honestly don't get it myself.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Kings in the first round...mostly because I hate Vegas. Can't stand the whole agenda about how they are the best expansion team ever while ignoring the fact that every part of the expansion process was more favorable than the other franchises of the past 20-30 years. (Yes a little bitter as a Sharks fan)

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I'm supposed to hate Vegas because of McPhee, but I'm totally rooting for them. I guess I'm supposed not to like Filip Forsberg, too, but I'm rooting for him/Nashville.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Canucks fans here. For obvious reasons, I don't like the Bruins but I hope the B's beat the holy hell out of the Leafs.
That’s cool. As much as I hate Boston I was cheering for them against the Nucks in the finals and was rewarded with a game 7 and follow-up riots that I still look back at with a smile

Regarding the original post, as a Leaf fan I shouldn’t like Laine and the Jets but I like them and hope to see them in the final. Great young team over there

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I feel like I’m supposed to hate the Jets due to some weird Matthews/Laine fan made rivalry but I don’t. I would love to see the Jets kill it through these playoffs

I think it's either one of those Frasier-like angry-row-turns-into-heated-passion thingies, or then both sides are unadmittingly rooting for the magnificent Matthews/Laine SC Finals blowout.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Listen as a Habs fan, I might be crucified for this but I never really hated the Leafs. Both teams never had a big rivalry and both teams have never really been good at the same time in recent memory. They are playing the Bruins, which I despise. Hope the Leafs win handily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->