Teams you're supposed to hate but are rooting for.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I should be hating the Flyers since everyone does but I'll root for them until they face the Lightning.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yup, Blues fan rooting for the Avs. Really anyone who plays the Preds. I love all my Preds friends here on this forum though ;)

WPG also, because of Stastny.

And the Knights because... why not?

I always root for CBJ just because I like underdogs and its fun when an unpopular team wins things.

But yeah, being a Blues fan rooting for COL and WPG probably fits the bill here.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't really have any teams I hate outside of the Leafs series itself. Neutral series I just always hope for as many OT games as possible and root for game 7's.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I hate all of the teams I'm supposed to, most of the ones I don't have to, and even a lot of the ones I'm not supposed to. I wish none of them success.

My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan. In the East I gotta say Philadelphia. If the Bruins bow out, I how they or New Jersey come out of the East as they're the only other two teams that haven't built through the old 'Oh, lets suck for years and try to get as many high draft picks as we can.' At least the Flyers and Devils try to ice competitive teams every year.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm suppose to hate the Flyers as a Islanders fan but I will be rooting for them the whole way.

I should be hating the Flyers since everyone does but I'll root for them until they face the Lightning.

I second this.

As a Caps fan I’m rooting for the Flyers

Bruins fan. In the East I gotta say Philadelphia. If the Bruins bow out, I how they or New Jersey come out of the East as they're the only other two teams that haven't built through the old 'Oh, lets suck for years and try to get as many high draft picks as we can.' At least the Flyers and Devils try to ice competitive teams every year.

Go Philly beat PITT

PleasedConfusedIaerismetalmark.gif

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I should hate Columbus, but I live here and can't. No matter how rough the rivalry gets.

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
If the Pens lose, I'd prefer Vegas to win. Barring that (and I'm sure until the Penguins actually play them), I wouldn't mind seeing Ovechkin and the Caps win it all.

Not the Bruins, though -- any team with Marchand is always going to be on the no likey list.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->