Team with the Best Crop of Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Remax said:
No love for the Panthers? I think they are definately in the top 5.

Bouwmeester
Horton
Stewart
Olesz
Krajicek
McArdle
Meyer
Plante
Campbell
Globke
Kreps
Booth
Taticek
Shantz
Pemberton
Jacina
Lojek
Swanson
Uchevatov
Few of those will be graduting this year, one won't be back to North America, and the rest are nothing impressive. Not nearly close enough to rank with Nashville or Pit.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
underscore_boy said:
nashville alone is a couple notches above the canadiens.

shishkanov, radulov, upshall
klein, parent, suter, laakso, weber
rinne

Shishkanov < Kostitsyn
Radulov = Perezhogin
Upshall < Chipchura

And we still have Higgins, Plekanec, Latendresse, Locke, Mikus, Grabovsky

Every defenceman of the Preds are better than the Habs...

Finaly, Rinne < Price

So,

Offence: Habs
Defence: Preds
Goaltender: Habs

THe Habs should be in front at this point, but the Preds aren't far at all...

But Pittsburgh have to be in front of everone...two franchise center, one stuf on defence and one franchise goaltender...it's already enough!

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
David A. Rainer said:
When you create a thread, at the bottom, it asks if you would like to make it a poll.

But to be honest, this one has been done to death.

I still have no idea how to do it. What I was going to do was put 8 or 10 teams on to start..by using the hockeys future rankings from october of last year. Then add a team each poll as the team receiving the most votes moves off. I would leave the poll open for 2 or 3 days for each. Do it for all 30 teams. Something similar as to what flyline is doing for the rangers prospects on the rangers board.

I dont know if this has been done before because I am new to these boards so feedback on this would be good.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The Preds have a better prospect group than the Habs. Look at those defencemen. Oh and Radulov > Perezhogin.

I really like Anaheim's prospects.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Pittsburgh is the pretty clear winner, and Washington is hard to beat for #2. #3 is where it gets tricky. I have to say, the Predators make a strong case for it though. Chicago as well. Anaheim probably rounds out the top five, but it's tough with Ottawa, Columbus, Atlanta, NYR and Buffalo all making solid bids as well. The distinctions between those 7 teams are pretty slim.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Seph said:
Pittsburgh is the pretty clear winner, and Washington is hard to beat for #2. #3 is where it gets tricky. I have to say, the Predators make a strong case for it though. Chicago as well. Anaheim probably rounds out the top five, but it's tough with Ottawa, Columbus and Atlanta all making solid bids as well. The distinctions between those five teams are pretty slim.

You dont see the Rangers in that group of teams?

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
UAGoalieGuy said:
You dont see the Rangers in that group of teams?
I was actually just editing my post, I completely brainfarted on the Rangers, who (though, as an Isles fan, I'm loathe to give them credit) clearly belong in that group. I also felt Buffalo deserved mention as well.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
UAGoalieGuy said:
I still have no idea how to do it. What I was going to do was put 8 or 10 teams on to start..by using the hockeys future rankings from october of last year. Then add a team each poll as the team receiving the most votes moves off. I would leave the poll open for 2 or 3 days for each. Do it for all 30 teams. Something similar as to what flyline is doing for the rangers prospects on the rangers board.

I dont know if this has been done before because I am new to these boards so feedback on this would be good.

Maybe you don't have the ability to post a poll. I have the ability but that might be because I'm a global mod. Can someone else confirm whether you are able to post a poll in this forum or not? Otherwise, there is an HF Polls and Petitions forum that you should most definitely be able to post a poll on.

A couple of months ago, there were several very similar threads and polls. In fact, this thread is already playing out very similar to those other threads:

Pit clearly #1. Wash most certainly #2 with a little debate. Chicago, Nashville and LA round out the remaining top 5 with many arguments about Montreal, Buffalo, Anaheim and Rangers also making the top 5 somewhere. Then the arguments will begin about who has the better defensive prospects - Chicago or Nashville - with fans of other teams chimming in about how [insert team name here] defensive prospects are diamonds in the rough that no one respects.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
David A. Rainer said:
Maybe you don't have the ability to post a poll. I have the ability but that might be because I'm a global mod. Can someone else confirm whether you are able to post a poll in this forum or not? Otherwise, there is an HF Polls and Petitions forum that you should most definitely be able to post a poll on.

A couple of months ago, there were several very similar threads and polls. In fact, this thread is already playing out very similar to those other threads:

Pit clearly #1. Wash most certainly #2 with a little debate. Chicago, Nashville and LA round out the remaining top 5 with many arguments about Montreal, Buffalo, Anaheim and Rangers also making the top 5 somewhere. Then the arguments will begin about who has the better defensive prospects - Chicago or Nashville - with fans of other teams chimming in about how [insert team name here] defensive prospects are diamonds in the rough that no one respects.

Nope, the option isn't there on this board but it is there on other boards for me.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
WILDTATE10 said:
Wild:
1. Josh Harding
2. Patrick O'Sullivan
3. Kurtis Foster
4. Miko Koivu
5. Roman Voloshenko
6. Benoit Pouliot
7. Thelen
8. Danny Irmen
9. Clayton Stoner

Harding = Vastly Underrated
O'Sullivan = See Harding
Foster = Not a prospect
Koivu (Mikko) = Good 2nd line center, calm but not a blockbuster prospect like Radulov/Kostitsyn
Voloshenko = Vastly underrated
Pouliot = Jury is out on this one, could be good, could be awful
Thelen = See Pouliot
Irmen = Everyone has one of these guys
Stoner = Solid but unspectaculor defensive prospect

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
only reason i put Foster on there Doobi was because everyone else was putting there players that arnt prospects on there lists.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
RallyKiller said:
Theres a good shot most of those prospects won't pan out, ditto to the guy who listed 30 pens prospects.

I wouldn't say most here is a list of guys who have played in the NHL already

Bouwmeester
Horton
Stewart
Olesz
Krajicek
Campbell
Globke
Taticek
Jacina

and here are guys that have been called up or were close this year or might make it next year

McArdle
Meyer
Kreps
Pemberton
Lojek

so yeah I think a lot have a chance

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
sandels said:
You think its fair to count J-bo as a prospect when he's played 82 games in 02-03 already? I think not.

Stajan is not a prospect anymore either.

I only included Jbo because guys like Eminger, Stajan, Brown were included.

Randall Graves*

Anaheim has 4 potential top six forwards in Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, and Ryan with Lupul already in the show for his second year, a potential first pairing, not franchise dman with Smid with some quality depth dmen behind like Mikkelson(wild card), O'brien, and Rome.

I would say just outside the top five.

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
Remax said:
I only included Jbo because guys like Eminger, Stajan, Brown were included.

Eminger and Brown can be considered prospects as defined by HF as far as I can see, since they are under 24 and have played less than 65 games in the NHL before the start of this season.

Its just that if you want to include guys like J-bo, then we should include guys like T. Ruutu, Eric Staal, Joni Pitkänen etc.

Seeing that some people placed Canadiens ahead of Blackhawks, I'm sure even the most biased Habs fan would swap their prospects for the bunch of Ruutu, Barker, Seabrook, Skille, Crawford, Vorobiev, Keith etc.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Chrisd said:
Kurtis Foster just turned 25 a month ago or so.

So I'm off a year, he's an older player...Finally getting his chance. HE would be in the AHL on any other team most likely.

dustinbrownfan

Jan 3, 2006
New Hampshire
Pittsburg Marc-Andre Fleury is NOT A PROSPECT because of the number of games that he has played in the NHL.

NYR Fedor Tyutin is NOT A PROSPECT

Washington Steve Eminger is NOT A PROSPECT
Shaone Morrisonn is NOT A PROSPECT

LA Dustin Brown is NOT A PROSPECT
Tim Gleason is NOT A PROSPECT

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
DustinBrownFan said:
Pittsburg Marc-Andre Fleury is NOT A PROSPECT because of the number of games that he has played in the NHL.

NYR Fedor Tyutin is NOT A PROSPECT

Washington Steve Eminger is NOT A PROSPECT
Shaone Morrisonn is NOT A PROSPECT

LA Dustin Brown is NOT A PROSPECT
Tim Gleason is NOT A PROSPECT

Ah, you are right. I somehow misunderstood the prospect criteria, seeing that english is not my native language and all. I stand corrected in regards of Brown and Eminger.

(A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

1. If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL.)

Pilot

Aug 2, 2005
Carolina Folks.

As far as Prospects go you really can only consider 4-5 worthy of mention because after that there is rarely roster space to allow them into the lineup anyway.

Hard to not consider their smart and strong drafting.

Ladd is proving he is a legit player and Staal showing he has super star written all over him.
Jack Johnson and now Anton Babchuck are going to be strong Defensemen.

And then they have a log jam of young goalies. Ward, Nastiuk and Peters.

I realize that the depth is not there ... but they haven't even been mentioned. Scary thought that a club fairing so well this season may have the best yet to come in 4/5 guys under 25.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
Steadfast said:
The Preds have a better prospect group than the Habs. Look at those defencemen. Oh and Radulov > Perezhogin.

Why?
Perezhogin was nearly a point per game when on the scoring-line, had a great lockout year in russia and a year bevor it he was a scoring force when acclimatized in the AHL.
Now, i think, he´s a bit pis/ed off because he has to play in the minors again but i think we don´t wanna start with Radulov´s attitude....

So Perezhogin has at least 2 good - great pro hockey seasons and first NHL-experience under his belt, something that Radulov hasn´t proven yet.

EDIT: Oh, and I´m not a Habs fan ;)

Last edited:

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Remax said:
I wouldn't say most here is a list of guys who have played in the NHL already

BouwmeesterNo longer a prospect
HortonNo longer a prospect
Stewartplayed very few games to show anything at the NHL level, and didn't stand out in the A
OleszDecent rookie season, but jury is still out
KrajicekNo longer a prospect
Campbellthird/fourth liner
Globkethird/fourth liner
Taticekthird/fourth liner
Jacinathird/fourth liner

and here are guys that have been called up or were close this year or might make it next year

McArdleSee Stewart
Meyersecond/third liner
Krepssecond/third liner
Pembertonstretch for NHL
Lojekstretch for NHL

so yeah I think a lot have a chance
A lot may have a chance, but far from bein great prospects.

Maithz

MaDdY said:
Those Montreal prospects you mentioned dont merit them a top 5 status.

Kostitsyn hasnt showed much yet. Carey Price was beaten by Pogge for the WJC job. Perezhogin, after an impressive start to the season calmed down and was sent to the minors.

leafs fan ;) ?

Kost play on the 4th line in Mtl and dont play every game , Price is younger than Pogge , did Pogge make the WJC at his first year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->