team usa wjc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:
My question is where does Phil Kessel fit in on this team? Yeah he is super skilled but he is slight and has had some injury problems. In a tournament like this the only place he could play is up the middle, problem is the US is deepest at center. Danny Fritsche, Patrick O'Sullivan, T.J. Hensick and most likely Robbie Schremp. Imagine Kessel against Canada's HUGE defense, thats a scary thought. My bet is that Kessel will be the 13th forward who will see lots of power play time but not much else. This isn't a knock, I can actually see this kid scoring 3 or 4 goals just on the power play. Any thoughts?

He's bigger than Crosby, and has had one injury.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:

Just because Kessel is LISTED at 6'0" 185 doesn't mean he actually is, come on, I'm sure you know better than that. Kessel is more like 5'10" maybe 175 lbs. I've seen him many times this year, on and off the ice. As for injuries, I'm sure you are referring to the "one" injury as his wirst this year. Ever seen him play? Ever wonder why he wears that terrible looking Mission helmet?? Kessel has previously had multiple concussion problems. Like I said before this isn't a knock on Kessel and I think he probably deserved a spot on the team, my only concern is him handling the bigger, stronger players in this tournament. I hope he proves me wrong.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
LemonDrop_27 said:
Just because Kessel is LISTED at 6'0" 185 doesn't mean he actually is, come on, I'm sure you know better than that. Kessel is more like 5'10" maybe 175 lbs. I've seen him many times this year, on and off the ice. As for injuries, I'm sure you are referring to the "one" injury as his wirst this year. Ever seen him play? Ever wonder why he wears that terrible looking Mission helmet?? Kessel has previously had multiple concussion problems. Like I said before this isn't a knock on Kessel and I think he probably deserved a spot on the team, my only concern is him handling the bigger, stronger players in this tournament. I hope he proves me wrong.

Okay, he's one inch shorter, and ten pounds lighter than advertised, so what? That's not going to much of factor IMO. As for the Mission Carbster that he wears, several players on the team wear it. It just so happens to be the best when it comes to protection.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Mobey said:
If you ever saw Crosby, as I have many times, you would see how incredibly strong he is with the puck. Kessel gets blown over with one hand. That is NOT intended as a knock, rather that the size itself is really deceaving. Sid has huge legs and can control people as if he were much bigger. Kessel has great speed and no physical ability. He can get manhandled. I seriously doubt he's 185 also.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
You don't make alot of sense with this post.
What I meant is that Canada hopes he doesn't play because he's so good. Further I meant that it would be like USA Hockey to not pick him because he's young or some political reason. You bet he should make it, but that doesn't mean he will.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:

Nice theory but wrong. ANy link to the concussion problems or just more ******** that supposed to have a source?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:
Nice theory but wrong. ANy link to the concussion problems or just more ******** that supposed to have a source?

The source is a close family member of Phil's and I'd say she is pretty credible. I don't think it's a big secret either, especially since he wears that terrible looking helmet. I'm sure you're getting good info all the way out on the left coast though.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:
The source is a close family member of Phil's and I'd say she is pretty credible. I don't think it's a big secret either, especially since he wears that terrible looking helmet. I'm sure you're getting good info all the way out on the left coast though.

Yep, since a helmet is terrible looking, it can't be protective! Nice find Einstein. Yep, just because I'm from California I can't know anything about hockey, just like Bobby Ryan, Gabe Gauthier, Brett Sterling, David Inman, Billy Blase, Noah Clarke, Richard Kim, and so on. You're ignorance is annoying. But it's ok, I guess Kessel is tough enough to play through the concussions since he hasn't sat out from them, but then that wouldn't agree with your claim that he's slight. Boy oh boy.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:
Yep, since a helmet is terrible looking, it can't be protective! Nice find Einstein. Yep, just because I'm from California I can't know anything about hockey, just like Bobby Ryan, Gabe Gauthier, Brett Sterling, David Inman, Billy Blase, Noah Clarke, Richard Kim, and so on. You're ignorance is annoying. But it's ok, I guess Kessel is tough enough to play through the concussions since he hasn't sat out from them, but then that wouldn't agree with your claim that he's slight. Boy oh boy.

Your arguement is flawed. First, I never said the helmet wasn't protective did I? No, I said it was terrible looking, the implication being that why would someone wear it, if not for the protection?? Second, I'm glad you can name California born players, congrats! You missed the point again, I didn't say you didn't know anything because you are from California, the implication there was you probably aren't getting the best info or seeing to many of these players if you are in California. As far as I know, none of the players you mentioned are playing in CA. Finally, Kessel is slight, I've seen him play and in his street clothes several times this year. He is super skilled, a great skater and a pure goal scorer but he does get knocked off the puck a lot because of his size. Oh and him not sitting out because of concussions is GOOD thing, lets hope that his ulgy helmet keeps protecting him. All that sun must be getting to you out there.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:
Your arguement is flawed. First, I never said the helmet wasn't protective did I? No, I said it was terrible looking, the implication being that why would someone wear it, if not for the protection?? Second, I'm glad you can name California born players, congrats! You missed the point again, I didn't say you didn't know anything because you are from California, the implication there was you probably aren't getting the best info or seeing to many of these players if you are in California. As far as I know, none of the players you mentioned are playing in CA. Finally, Kessel is slight, I've seen him play and in his street clothes several times this year. He is super skilled, a great skater and a pure goal scorer but he does get knocked off the puck a lot because of his size. Oh and him not sitting out because of concussions is GOOD thing, lets hope that his ulgy helmet keeps protecting him. All that sun must be getting to you out there.

You contradict yourself a lot. And no, those players don't play in CA anymore, but they all once did. I've played with Sterling and Gauthier before. My point is you can't say someone has an injury problem because they wear un "ugly" helmet and then not back it up with a source.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:
You contradict yourself a lot. And no, those players don't play in CA anymore, but they all once did. I've played with Sterling and Gauthier before. My point is you can't say someone has an injury problem because they wear un "ugly" helmet and then not back it up with a source.

What don't you get when I say, THE SOURCE IS A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER OF PHIL KESSEL??? You must be really thick because I never said that the cause of his concussion problems was he helmet, I said that he wears the ulgy thing because he has had some concussion problems. I don't make this stuff up. Congrats on playing with a few college hockey players, let me know when you actually play college hockey.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:
What don't you get when I say, THE SOURCE IS A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER OF PHIL KESSEL??? You must be really thick because I never said that the cause of his concussion problems was he helmet, I said that he wears the ulgy thing because he has had some concussion problems. I don't make this stuff up. Congrats on playing with a few college hockey players, let me know when you actually play college hockey.

I'm sure they are. You probably know Crosby's uncle's cousin's sister's neighbor that has a dog who you met at the corner store.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:
I'm sure they are. You probably know Crosby's uncle's cousin's sister's neighbor that has a dog who you met at the corner store.

HA, nice try, next time just take your ball and go home! For the future, don't start arguements about topics with which you know nothing about, stick to CA roller hockey. Thanks.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LemonDrop_27 said:
HA, nice try, next time just take your ball and go home! For the future, don't start arguements about topics with which you know nothing about, stick to CA roller hockey. Thanks.

Haha ok. I'll do that and you can stick to fabricating stories about how you know an inside source.....

Shy Cheetah

Feb 28, 2002
Caprica City
Visit site
Mobey said:
Yep, since a helmet is terrible looking, it can't be protective! Nice find Einstein. .

Mobey, I think Lemon Drop is refering to the Mission Carbster helmet that is reputed to be the best concussion proof lid because it's designed like a race car helmet but is ugly as ugly can be. Shy.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Mobey said:
Haha ok. I'll do that and you can stick to fabricating stories about how you know an inside source.....

You're unbelievable. The story is not fabricated, its no secret that the kid has had some concussion problems. You can even ask him, oh wait he's not from California. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad