Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
If anyone's got any updates... BUMP.

I don't think the full roster will be announced until Tuesday. Actually, things have been pretty tight-lipped, aside from the info about Schremp being a probable lock for the team, and Shawn Weller being heavily considered.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Rumor has it that A.J. Thelan is out and Alex Goligoski, 85' defensemen from the University of Minnesota is in. Also, looks like the US will be taking at least one 87', Phil Kessel will be on the team.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
LemonDrop_27 said:
Rumor has it that A.J. Thelan is out and Alex Goligoski, 85' defensemen from the University of Minnesota is in. Also, looks like the US will be taking at least one 87', Phil Kessel will be on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thelen is left off. He's really had just a miserable start to the season from what I've seen. Hopefully he can regain his form from last season.

I would be really happy to see Goligoski on the roster. I get to see the Gophers a lot and he's been my favorite player on the team.

I always felt that Kessel would be there. I expect to see Johnson there as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Thelen is left off. He's really had just a miserable start to the season from what I've seen. Hopefully he can regain his form from last season.

I would be really happy to see Goligoski on the roster. I get to see the Gophers a lot and he's been my favorite player on the team.

I always felt that Kessel would be there. I expect to see Johnson there as well.

I agree with your sentiments. IMO, Goligoski would be an impact player on the U.S. blueline, especially on the power play.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Bourque being included would surprise me. I actually like what I've seen from him but his inclusion might bump somebody else that I would have taken before him.

Lee is a player I've heard very good things about and I know USA Hockey likes him a lot but I had no idea they would think of including him on the WJC roster. If they think he's good enough to bump others who are considered first round quality players he must really be something. Too bad he's only playing high school hockey this year (save three USHL games he's played this year). Including a player whose never really come close to playing at the level they would be putting him at is quite risky.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Seachd said:
Yeah, I noticed that. Pretty interesting. It says Schremp will be named, Bourque is likely, and Brian Lee may be named at the expense of Thelen, Johnson, or Lashoff.
I hope USA Hockey doesn't take Johnson, because that makes it better for Canada! If He didn't make it, it would surely be unbelieveabl, or should I say political. USA Hockey certainly doesn't show any loyalty other than to themselves. Canada will win and win big against the US, you read it here.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
I hope USA Hockey doesn't take Johnson, because that makes it better for Canada! If He didn't make it, it would surely be unbelieveabl, or should I say political. USA Hockey certainly doesn't show any loyalty other than to themselves. Canada will win and win big against the US, you read it here.

You don't make alot of sense with this post.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
My guess is that Cory Schneider will be Al Montoya's backup.

If he pretty much wasn't a lock before, Mike Brown's recent problems in Saginaw took care of any chance, albeit small that he had.

Don't know much about Chris Holt, so maybe he gets in. :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
Bourque being included would surprise me. I actually like what I've seen from him but his inclusion might bump somebody else that I would have taken before him.

Lee is a player I've heard very good things about and I know USA Hockey likes him a lot but I had no idea they would think of including him on the WJC roster. If they think he's good enough to bump others who are considered first round quality players he must really be something. Too bad he's only playing high school hockey this year (save three USHL games he's played this year). Including a player whose never really come close to playing at the level they would be putting him at is quite risky.

I'm more inclined to believe Bourque will be named rather then Lee, although anything is possible. Johnson is a much more high profile player and is playing at a much higher level of competition. If Lee is chosen over him or Matt Lashoff I'd be really surprised.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kirk- NEHJ said:
My guess is that Cory Schneider will be Al Montoya's backup.

If he pretty much wasn't a lock before, Mike Brown's recent problems in Saginaw took care of any chance, albeit small that he had.

Don't know much about Chris Holt, so maybe he gets in. :dunno:

It will come down to whether the U.S. brass wants to take a guy who will be an understudy with a look to next year (Schneider) or an experienced goaltender in place in case Montoya falters (Brown).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I read over at USCHO that Casey Borer (St.Cloud St) has been confirmed for the team. Not much offense, but he has good size and mobility and plays a sound stay-at-home game.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Rabid Ranger said:
It will come down to whether the U.S. brass wants to take a guy who will be an understudy with a look to next year (Schneider) or an experienced goaltender in place in case Montoya falters (Brown).

Given Brown's personality issues in recent weeks, I'd say it will come down to Schneider and Holt.

Brown has the talent, but whoah- what a meltdown if the reports are true.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kirk- NEHJ said:
Given Brown's personality issues in recent weeks, I'd say it will come down to Schneider and Holt.

Brown has the talent, but whoah- what a meltdown if the reports are true.

I guess you're referring to the Doug Lidster incident. Is there more to the story then what was reported?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
I think Brian Lee has a good chance of being named, I haven't seen this kid play but I watched Matt Lashoff this past weekend and beleive that he could really make a difference on the US blueline. Lee adds some size but the US is rather small on the back end with Likens, Hunwick and Goligoski.

If Chris Bourque is named to this team it is an absolute travesty. Tom Fritsche from Ohio State was left off the team and he is a better all-around player than Bourque. I felt the yonger Fritsche had a great shot at making the team. One player that no one has ever mentioned and is totally underrated is University of Michigan forward Kevin Porter. Porter had a great camp back in August and will have a spot on this team. He'll be a solid contributor.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
My question is where does Phil Kessel fit in on this team? Yeah he is super skilled but he is slight and has had some injury problems. In a tournament like this the only place he could play is up the middle, problem is the US is deepest at center. Danny Fritsche, Patrick O'Sullivan, T.J. Hensick and most likely Robbie Schremp. Imagine Kessel against Canada's HUGE defense, thats a scary thought. My bet is that Kessel will be the 13th forward who will see lots of power play time but not much else. This isn't a knock, I can actually see this kid scoring 3 or 4 goals just on the power play. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->