Team USA wins Gold....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
haha, i saw the rollerblading prowess of americans in Mighty Ducks 2, so i wouldn't bet against ya :p

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i was just thinking about the mighty ducks the other day. i was watching Butterfly Effect, when i noticed that the fat kid who goes crazy grows up to be one of the bash brothers

degroat*

USA also recently won another FIRS World Inline Championship.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I saw this game as it was in London where I live. I was very impressed with the level of play. It was very entertaining to watch maybe even more so then ice hockey because of the 4 on 4 and no two line pass rules create a lot of breakaways and odd man rushes. The area that ice hockey has it beat though is the bodychecking. Inline has very little hitting because I believe you can get a penalty for hitting.
As for the actual game it was very back and forth but I would say Canada outplayed the U.S. but just couldn't put home their chances. Very exciting when Canada scored with 1 second left in the game to send it to O.T. and then the U.S. won it in double O.T.
Great game as was the Women's gold medal game before it which Canada beat the U.S. 5-0. I'm looking forward to watching more inline in the future.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
DaaaaB's said:
The area that ice hockey has it beat though is the bodychecking. Inline has very little hitting because I believe you can get a penalty for hitting.

I don't know what the FIRS rules are regarding hitting, but in most roller hockey tournaments or leagues, you can't check people. I heard it's because in roller hockey you can't really glide laterally like you can on ice, so theres a much higher risk of jamming your leg or something like that. I don't know if that's true or not, it's just what I heard.

The 4 on 4 might make it more difficult to check someone anyway, since there is more open space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad