Team USA will be good next year, but this year......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
I think Drew Stafford well especially need to step up and perform very well. Ryan Kesler did a hell of a job bringing a physical and mature game on the top two lines. Dowell well crash and bang but he doesn't have the skill Stafford does.

Defensively i'm a bit puzzled with the selections. I thought of Jack Johnson as a lock, I mean he's actually impressing me more this year then Suter did two years ago! Same with Matt Lashoff, this guy was extremely impressive last year and his numbers are excellent this year! It's a shame.

Brian Lee is a wildcard though, Jeff Likens ...if he was two inches taller would've been a mid round pick in 04, extremely competive and has some skill.

Overall I think you underate the Americans if you say were looking ahead to much.

I actually think for example, a kid like Phill Kessel well produce very good numbers.

Drew Stafford will be leaned on heavily. Instead of being a 3rd line checker, he's going to be expected to be a 1st or 2nd line scorer, and I think he's up to the task. As for the defense, it is what it is: a small to medium sized, finesse oriented unit. If they can skate and pass the puck out with regularity, we'll be fine, if they get bogged down in the defensive zone, we're doomed. It's that simple. I don't think Lashoff or Johnson being on the team would have changed that reality.

Last edited:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
#66 said:
Cure cancer, stop war, and make a video with Paris Hilton. :bow:
I just drafted him in an FHL, does he have any more skills I didn't know about? Maybe he can be my team trainer as well?

:D

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Drew Stafford will be leaned on heavily. Instead of being a 3rd line checker, he's going to be expected to be a 1st or 2nd line scorer, and I think he's up to the task. As for the defense, it is what it is: a small to medium sized, finesse oriented unit. If they can skate and pass the puck out with regularity, we'll be fine, if they get bogged down in the defenssive zone, we're doomed. It's that simple. I don't think Lashoff or Johnson being on the team would have changed that reality.

If the tourney is on the smaller ice it could be problem for the USA? No?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
nomorekids said:
i clearly remember last year...no one gave the US a chance..and they won the gold. they're being written off once again as a bunch of scrubs...

What the hell are you trying to tell us??

U.S was among the favorites in most predictions and that's the case again this year.

Pay attention...

Reilly311

Pepper said:
What the hell are you trying to tell us??

U.S was among the favorites in most predictions and that's the case again this year.

Pay attention...

he ment on these boards they weren't the favorite. Also, I bet there were about less than 1% of canadians that thought the US team last year was better than their team.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Well I don't think anyone questions the fact that on paper Canada was head and shoulders above all teams in last years WJC, regardless of nationality. I believe team U.S was widely predicted to finish 2nd-4th over here and some predicted their win even.

IMHO Team Canada was clearly the best team last year and in a 7-game series would win team U.S rather easily, maybe 5-2 or 4-3 atleast.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pepper said:
Well I don't think anyone questions the fact that on paper Canada was head and shoulders above all teams in last years WJC, regardless of nationality. I believe team U.S was widely predicted to finish 2nd-4th over here and some predicted their win even.

IMHO Team Canada was clearly the best team last year and in a 7-game series would win team U.S rather easily, maybe 5-2 or 4-3 atleast.

I think there alot of people that would dispute what you are saying. If many respected hockey insiders and publications labeled the U.S. as the favorite, how could the Canadian team have been considered head and shoulders better. As for your last point, it's moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad