Ryan Kesler*
Greg Moore*
Brady Murray
Patrick O'Sullivan*
Zach Parise
Drew Stafford
Brett Sterling
Stephen Werner

now i know part of building a team is not just choosing the top players, but i would like to know what you think of some players who didnt make it
so
part B) where do you think the following players would fit in those rankings if they had made team usa:

Gerald Coleman
Cory Schneider (i know thats way out but I've heard incredible things)

Jimmy Sharrow
John Doherty

Hugh Jessiman
Rob Schremp
Dan Travis
Brian Boyle
Adam Pineault
T.J. Hensick
Josh Hennessy

Last edited:

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Montoya
Vicari

Suter
Stuart
Wisnewski
Richmond
Potter
Carle
Hunwick

Parise
Kesler
O'Sullivan
Fritsche
Eaves
Moore
Murray
--------I don't know much about the following.
Sterling
Stafford
Dowell
Booth
Werner

I will say that I am surprised looking at the names on the list....Jessiman, Hennessy, Schremp(Has some issues with USA Hockey so I don't think it was talent that left him off the team), Pineault are all highly touted.

If I were choosing unless Jessiman has some severe skating deficiency that I don't know about, he would be on the team, as well as the other three having good shots. Not watching their camp, you can't always know why some guys make it and some guys don't. Considering that Jessiman when drafted figured he was only 1 or 2 years away from playing for the Rangers, I find his omission very surprising.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
now i know they blamed Dustin Brown's withdrawal from team usa on the "ankle sprain"...but i'm wondering, could this be just a ploy from his SCSM agent as part of the Rob Schremp saga, getting back at USA for not picking rob? or is this ankle thing real?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
JNRhockeyGURU said:
part A) rank the forwards, defensemen and goalies

heres the roster to rank the players from:

Alvaro Montoya
Dominic Vicari

Matt Carle
Matt Hunwick
Jeff Likens
Corey Potter
Dan Richmond
Mark Stuart*
Ryan Suter
James Wisniewski

David Booth
Jake Dowell
Patrick Eaves
Dan Fritsche
Ryan Kesler*
Greg Moore*
Brady Murray
Patrick O'Sullivan*
Zach Parise
Drew Stafford
Brett Sterling
Stephen Werner

now i know part of building a team is not just choosing the top players, but i would like to know what you think of some players who didnt make it
so
part B) where do you think the following players would fit in those rankings if they had made team usa:

Gerald Coleman

Jimmy Sharrow
John Doherty

Hugh Jessiman
Rob Schremp
Dan Travis
Brian Boyle
Adam Pineault
T.J. Hensick
Josh Hennessy

I'l put Rob Schremp top of the forwards followed closely by Zach Parise and Brady Murray

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
cujorulz said:
I think that O'sullivan is the best of the forwards...

somebody could tell me more about Travis

i wish you people hadnt moved this to the wjc sub forum, its not really about the wjc as much as it was me trying to find out what people thought of the players who DIDNT make it, oh well, does anyone even read the "wjc subforum"?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
cujorulz said:
somebody could tell me more about Travis

He's a big 'project' power forward who played for Deerfield Academy last season in the New England prep league. He was drafted by Florida in the fifth round of last years draft. He's playing NCAA hockey at New Hampshire this season. He is too old to play for the US WJC squad but he probably wouldn't have made the team anyway.

Last edited:

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
cagney said:
He's a big 'project' power forward who played for Deerfield Academy last season in the New England prep league. He was drafted by Florida in the fifth round of last years draft. He's playing NCAA hockey at New Hampshire this season. He is too old to play for the US WJC squad but he probably wouldn't have made the team anyway.

ooh sorry, didnt realise that, not my fault, most high school graduates are under 20? lol....what was last year his PG year?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
part A) rank the forwards, defensemen and goalies

heres the roster to rank the players from:

Alvaro Montoya
Dominic Vicari

Matt Carle
Matt Hunwick
Jeff Likens
Corey Potter
Dan Richmond
Mark Stuart*
Ryan Suter
James Wisniewski

David Booth
Jake Dowell
Patrick Eaves
Dan Fritsche
Ryan Kesler*
Greg Moore*
Brady Murray
Patrick O'Sullivan*
Zach Parise
Drew Stafford
Brett Sterling
Stephen Werner

so

Gerald Coleman

Jimmy Sharrow
John Doherty

Hugh Jessiman
Rob Schremp
Dan Travis
Brian Boyle
Adam Pineault
T.J. Hensick
Josh Hennessy

I'll only rank the guys I've seen.

GOAL: Montoya, Vicari

DEFENSE:Ryan Suter, Mark Stuart*, Dan Richmond, Matt Carle, Jeff Likens, Matt Hunwick, Corey Potter

FORWARDS: Zach Parise, Ryan Kesler*, Greg Moore*, Patrick Eaves, Stephen Werner, Brett Sterling, Brady Murray, Drew Stafford, David Booth

John Doherty - after Corey Potter
Hugh Jessiman - Between Kesler & Moore
Dan Travis - after Potter
Brian Boyle - Between Murray and Stafford
Adam Pineault - Between Stafford and Booth
T.J. Hensick - Between Stafford and Booth (after Pineault)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Oilers Chick said:
I'll only rank the guys I've seen.

GOAL: Montoya, Vicari

DEFENSE:Ryan Suter, Mark Stuart*, Dan Richmond, Matt Carle, Jeff Likens, Matt Hunwick, Corey Potter

FORWARDS: Zach Parise, Ryan Kesler*, Greg Moore*, Patrick Eaves, Stephen Werner, Brett Sterling, Brady Murray, Drew Stafford, David Booth

John Doherty - after Corey Potter
Hugh Jessiman - Between Kesler & Moore
Dan Travis - after Potter
Brian Boyle - Between Murray and Stafford
Adam Pineault - Between Stafford and Booth
T.J. Hensick - Between Stafford and Booth (after Pineault)

You would really put Eaves behind Moore? I agree with you on most other picks that you've made but the only guy I'd have ahead of Eaves is Parise (although I never got to see Kesler play in the NCAA, which is where I assume you're basing your opinions on). Eaves is one of my favorites in all of college hockey.

Also, Travis is a forward so I'm not sure why you list him amongst d-men. Has New Hampshire been playing him at D?

Hockeypuck

cagney said:
You would really put Eaves behind Moore? I agree with you on most other picks that you've made but the only guy I'd have ahead of Eaves is Parise (although I never got to see Kesler play in the NCAA, which is where I assume you're basing your opinions on). Eaves is one of my favorites in all of college hockey.

Also, Travis is a forward so I'm not sure why you list him amongst d-men. Has New Hampshire been playing him at D?
I'm a Maine fan so I have bias and i'm not sure i'd rank Moore above Eaves. But Moore is a Power Forward with a capital P. As a Sophmore he has been a man among boys in many of Maine's games so far. His improvement from last year to this year is mind boggling. He said he worked on his agility this summer and you can see his speed has increased alot which compliments his shot and hands. I think alot of people will see that Calgary got a steal in the 5th round.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to put Moore down. I've seen him a couple of times this year and he looked really good each time. It's just that I really like Eaves a lot.

Gavin499

Sep 13, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
now i know they blamed Dustin Brown's withdrawal from team usa on the "ankle sprain"...but i'm wondering, could this be just a ploy from his SCSM agent as part of the Rob Schremp saga, getting back at USA for not picking rob? or is this ankle thing real?

It's real... he's on the IR for the LA Kings too, disappointing, but since he got drafted by the Kings he's likely to be plagued by injuries until he either gets off the team, or (more preferably) the Kings shake the injury bug... :mad:

Gavin

Hockeypuck

cagney said:
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to put Moore down. I've seen him a couple of times this year and he looked really good each time. It's just that I really like Eaves a lot.
I didn't take it that way. I have no love loss for Eaves, but he's a great player in the NCAA. And he will be a big part of the WJC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->