Olympics: USA Roster Discussion (Roster in post 1)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You mean the Wolski that has 8pts in 6 KHL games this year and leads the team in scoring despite missing 4 games? Yea, sucks to have a guy like him on an NHLer-less team :sarcasm:

Dan Sexton is at a ppg in the KHL - that is not a good thing... bringing up numbers from the KHL is exactly the point of laughing at what Canada and the US will be able to send to this thing..I will watch and cheer for this motley crue...but it won't be pretty

Reactions: Atticus Finch

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
If You look at the euro leagues top 5 in points, Germany Keith Aucoin, Chad Kolarik, Ben Hanowski Slovakia Cason Hohmann Switzerland Garrett Roe Sweden Ryan Lasch and Finland Michael Parks
How many of these are in the team ?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If You look at the euro leagues top 5 in points, Germany Keith Aucoin, Chad Kolarik, Ben Hanowski Slovakia Cason Hohmann Switzerland Garrett Roe Sweden Ryan Lasch and Finland Michael Parks
How many of these are in the team ?

You forgot Andy Miele.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Gosh, this Olympics will be very boring to watch. Good for the guys who would never even get a chance to represent get to go though. I'm happy for that small group. Quite the honor

Reactions: StrBender

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
I'm really hoping USA Hockey is considering more college kids, specifically for the forward group. It sucks there's no Keller or McAvoy types to make decisions easier , but there's at least a handful of guys who have the skill and speed to warrant consideration over well playing vets in the AHL and overseas.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I'm really hoping USA Hockey is considering more college kids, specifically for the forward group. It sucks there's no Keller or McAvoy types to make decisions easier , but there's at least a handful of guys who have the skill and speed to warrant consideration over well playing vets in the AHL and overseas.
They’re going to. Just won’t see any of the college kids until their seasons have wrapped up.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017

Who do you think would make the team?

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Who do you think would make the team?

That's a tough question. Chris Dilks has a good breakdown of the possible candidates here:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/us...ckey-players-olympics-terry-greenway-brickley
Things to consider: Granato is Wisconsin's head coach, and that there are eligible players from the gold medal WJC team. I don't think they take any goalies.

Defense is a crapshoot. These guys have bee known to tap some interesting names. Jimmy Schuldt (SCSU), Casey Fitzgerald (BC, WJC), Jordan Gross (ND), and Daniel Brickley (Minn. St.) I'd imagine are top candidates. I think Schuldt and Fitzgerald get the nod, with Brickley as a maybe. I'd personally go for Schuldt.

For forwards, I think Troy Terry (DU, WJC), Jordan Greenway (BU, WJC), Dylan Gambrell (DU), Ryan Donato (HU), and Adam Gaudette (NU) get serious consideration. Terry and Gambrell might be locks and skate together. And with the Wisconsin factor i wouldn't be suprised if Trent Federic (UW) goes. Erik Foley (PC, WJC), and Tanner Laczynski (OSU, WJC) might be considered but who knows. I'm biased but Gaudette is filthy and I think he should be there, he's such a creative player.

It's hard to imagine USA Hockey filling 8 out of the 22 roster spots with college guys but that's what I would do. Some of these players are arguably NHL ready and bring more than one attribute to the table. They probably take like 6 though.

Last edited:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
Defense is a crapshoot. These guys have bee known to tap some interesting names. Jimmy Schuldt (SCSU), Casey Fitzgerald (BC, WJC), Jordan Gross (ND), and Daniel Brickley (Minn. St.) I'd imagine are top candidates. I think Schuldt and Fitzgerald get the nod, with Brickley as a maybe. I'd personally go for Schuldt.

Adam Fox is a lot more likely than most of these.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Just took a closer look at that first roster. How many St. Cloud St. alumnis are they taking? Seems like every other guy is one.

Reeps

Jul 27, 2017
Here is my full Team USA Olympic Roster! I tried to include some NCAA players, building off that Miracle on Ice vibe, so we'll see how it turns out in real life!

Let me know what you think!

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Jonathon Blum, "...being most known for his role on Hockey Wives..."

:laugh:

He's better than you think. Guy is averaging just about 30 minutes this year in the KHL. Should be top pair and leading the PP.

Unfortunately, against Slovakia, he only landed 12 minutes and wasn't even put on the PP which is what he runs on Admirals. They were 8D deep.
#politics #oldboysclub
They don't like players who played Major Juniors.

He did not play against Russia today.
He will play against Germany tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->