Team Sweden's Starting goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Tellqvist gets my vote, although I personally think that the goalie that plays the best in the exhibition games before the tournament will get to start, so not an easy question to answer. My money is on Tellan though.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
I think they will alternate Salo and Tellqvist in the beginning, but I would be very worried if they went with Lundqvist as the starting goalie.

It´s one thing to play great in a "B-tournament" such the World Championships, another thing to play great in the World Cup. The rink is smaller, the game is faster, the rules are different and the players are better, factors that clearly suggest that Lundqvist takes the role as the 3rd goalie.

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
Salo, redemption is a strong motivator especially after the olympic scandal with Belarus and the iffy season he just came off of.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Salo is going to get one more crack to run with the #1 title. He has the experience playing big games on both types of surfaces. It will be interesting to see if goalies are affected by the quick transition from Olympic ice to NHL ice for the crossovers. Sweden was the only team from the last World Cup to make it to the semifinals from the Euro group. Lundqvist would seem to be out of the mix but who really knows what Hardy will do.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I think Salo is going to get one more crack to run with the #1 title. He has the experience playing big games on both types of surfaces. It will be interesting to see if goalies are affected by the quick transition from Olympic ice to NHL ice for the crossovers. Sweden was the only team from the last World Cup to make it to the semifinals from the Euro group. Lundqvist would seem to be out of the mix but who really knows what Hardy will do.

They will play on NHL-sized rinks in the European group as well, so this will not be a factor.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I did not know they had many NHL sized surfaces in Europe. Not that i have been to Europe often.
They have all sorts of entertainment just as in North American arenas, they will actually be driving monster trucks for the first time in the Globe Arena in October! :D

Rebuilding the rinks to NHL-size should be a piece of cake, they did it back in 1996 without any problems.

I can see that you work for Stora Enso, does that mean that you will cheer a little bit for Sweden at the upcoming World Cup? ;)

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Kronblom said:
They have all sorts of entertainment just as in North American arenas, they will actually be driving monster trucks for the first time in the Globe Arena in October! :D

Rebuilding the rinks to NHL-size should be a piece of cake, they did it back in 1996 without any problems.

I can see that you work for Stora Enso, does that mean that you will cheer a little bit for Sweden at the upcoming World Cup? ;)
I didn't realize it would be so easy to make the switch but that makes it fair which is good. I work for Stora and the people were treated unbelievably by the Swedes when they were the head of the management team. It is now spoken in the past tense because the Swedes no longer have any operating control at least in our plant. In my second year of employment the Finns took over, hence the Enso. They have made our lives a living hell, always making sure we never get too comfortable and threatening jobs at every turn. They have broken the contract more than once. I am not painting all Finns with the same brush but it would be great if someone would buy these guys out. So i always take the side of the Swedes when it comes to playing the Finns. :) Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad