Team Sweden, simply the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
I am a huge team Canada fan, but today I have to give props to the best hockey team on earth, the Tre Kronor.
The game winning goal, Forsberg to Sundin to Lidstrom, will go down in history as one of the best, and reminds me of what a huge impact those players have had on the game.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it, Sweden was the best, and today you are the envy of hockey fans around the world!

Helan GÃ¥r!!!

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Mr Kanadensisk said:
I am a huge team Canada fan, but today I have to give props to the best hockey team on earth, the Tre Kronor.
The game winning goal, Forsberg to Sundin to Lidstrom, will go down in history as one of the best, and reminds me of what a huge impact those players have had on the game.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it, Sweden was the best, and today you are the envy of hockey fans around the world!

Helan GÃ¥r!!!

Are you sure you are Canadian? If you are, why do you have a swedish nickname?

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
Mr Kanadensisk said:

Helan GÃ¥r!!!

Agreed, Sweden were the best, and deserved winners of the gold! HEJA SVERIGE

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
It's kinda scary to think that they were missing Naslund and 3 of their top 4 defenceman as well.

Missing Näslund doesn't matter. He usually sucks in Tre Kronor. I suppose he could've taken Hannula's spot, but other than him? No.

I was kinda worried when Öhlund went down, but Kronwall came up HUGE.
Considering he's only played like five games this season prior to the semi final, he's been simply outstanding.
He was great in last years world championships and the AHL, too. But the way he played in the two games in the Olympics. Just amazing.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Vikke said:
Missing Näslund doesn't matter. He usually sucks in Tre Kronor. I suppose he could've taken Hannula's spot, but other than him? No.

I was kinda worried when Öhlund went down, but Kronwall came up HUGE.
Considering he's only played like five games this season prior to the semi final, he's been simply outstanding.
He was great in last years world championships and the AHL, too. But the way he played in the two games in the Olympics. Just amazing.

Yeah because Jorgen Jonsson, Sami Pahlson, and Mikael Samuelsson are better hockey players than Naslund?

Rover*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Yeah because Jorgen Jonsson, Sami Pahlson, and Mikael Samuelsson are better hockey players than Naslund?

In the minds of most swedish fans, they are. :biglaugh:

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
monster_bertuzzi said:

Better hockey players? No way.
More suitable for team Sweden? Without any doubts.
Jönsson and Påhlsson were amazing the way the shut down the opponents and killed penalties. Samuelsson provided lots and lots of energy that Näslund couldn't dream of.

Of course Näslund is a better hockey player, the guy's a freaking monster when it comes to offense. But I wouldn't change Jönsson, Påhlsson or Samuelsson for him during the Olympics. Never.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:

A healthy Näslund could have helped team Sweden. Saying otherwise is absurd. Näslund is a bit similar to Lidström. Neither has (in the case of Lidström before this Olympics) been dominant in important matches for Team Sweden in earlier tournaments. So many swedish fans don't appreciate him.

I do think, unlike Sundin and Forsberg, Näslund is not essential to success but he would no doubt contribute offensively in a swedish national team. I am sorry for him that he couldn't participate. He really wanted this and he is about as classy an athlete you can find.

But don't underestimate the way the lower line players came through for team Sweden, Axelsson, Påhlsson and even the much maligned Jörgen Jönsson. I don't think I have ever seen a team with a more impressive penalty kill, something that was huge for us in the playoff games. The Sedin line and the Axelsson-Påhlsson-Alfredsson managed to pin the best finnish lines in their own zone for much of the 5-on-5 play. It had a huge impact on the outcome of the game. It is not only up to individual skill but getting someone who is willing to do what it takes to win. The finns proved it. The swedes proved it.

tml_4ever

It's Chaotic
May 24, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
i've learned that you can never yearn for what-might-have-beens, and that you will never know what might have been different from what it is now

What is done is done. What might have been different had Naslund been there? No one knows, and i doubt past examples of comeptition can be used as evidence. You can speculate all you want what may have been but i think it's best to spend your energy on something else :)

Rover*

This tournament is just another example of how the sedin twins have finally shaken off the sedin sisters moniker! I used to be in that camp, but after this year and this tournament, no longer. :bow:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Rover said:
This tournament is just another example of how the sedin twins have finally shaken off the sedin sisters moniker! I used to be in that camp, but after this year and this tournament, no longer. :bow:

My god Jorgen Jonsson really brought them down though.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
monster_bertuzzi said:
Funny that you mention Påhlsson who was the best Swedish player throughout the tournament. Sometimes those kind of players are better, they have been better in the national team so far so yes, from what I've seen they are better than Näslund (not in the NHL though).

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
monster_bertuzzi said:
My god Jorgen Jonsson really brought them down though.
No he didn't, I would say it was the oposite. The line didn't work as well when Samuelsson was in it as when they shifted and started playing Jönsson in it. Most important is that Jörgen is a helluva defencive player and since Sedins aren't fast and often get stuck in the corner and since Jörgen is 10x faster than the twins whenever there was a turnover he was home to secure.

Jörgen Jönsson did a helluva tournament, AGAIN. People always scream about him being in the national team, like he has got a free pass ticket everytime but EACH time he shows us why he is there. Just like Sundin he grow enourmously when putting on that blue and yellow jersey. He is good in the offensive zone and defensive... So Jörgen Jönsson :clap:

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
gozar said:
Are you sure you are Canadian? If you are, why do you have a swedish nickname?
Married to a Swede, kids are half Swedish. Has worked out pretty well, except she hates Don Cherry!

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
haha yes Helan går :D:D:D To bad it's monday, otherwise it would be a huge party =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->