Team Sweden: Salo or Hedberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know there is some dissention among the Swedes around there that Salo may not be the answer, but would most agree that Hedberg is? I just want to see what some people think...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
neither,
Tellqvist all the way

(EDIT: I am not even sure Hedberg will be selected, my guess is Tellqvist, Salo and Lundqvist)

Last edited:

MacDaddy TLC*

During the World Championships, they speculated a lot about Lundqvist getting the nod. Tellyqvist was good at last year's World championships too.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
i agree with others that neither should be starter. i'd go with tellqvist. lundqvist backup. but no matter who will be the starter, i hope it's not salo. his time is for sweden should be up.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Personally I would go with Tellquist with Hedberg as a backup. Hedberg is however unlikely to figure in the managements plans since he wasn't even invited to the world championships and has never been anything but backup for the national team. Expect them to go with Tellquist and Salo (in that order), with Lundquist being our third goaltender. Anyway, we´ll find out whether or not Hedberg is in the roster in a few hours, as they are due to announce it today - it has just turned monday in Sweden.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I would'nt even bring neither of them on the roster. Tellan, Lundqvist and Liv. Forget about the experience talk, Tellqvist has enough experience now and it would be good to let Lundqvist and Liv play with the big guys..

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
As long as Tommy Salo doesn't try to make any stops with his head, I think he's the man to go with.

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
go kim johnsson said:
I know there is some dissention among the Swedes around there that Salo may not be the answer, but would most agree that Hedberg is? I just want to see what some people think...

neither

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
Slim pickings there. "Other" would be running away with this poll if it were an option.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tellqvist

Hedberg didn't get named to the team. I think all 3 goalies will be given a shot at #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->