WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Quick notes:
- Impressive win, both teams played well.
- Ekholm must play a lot in upcoming games, what a horse.
- Zibanejad is usually not this good right?
- Forsberg line needs more IQ. Too bad we don't have better center options.
- Would like to see more shots from Rakell line.
Wennberg would be kinda perfect between the preds duo. The good version of Wennberg that is.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
how strong is our team compare to other years, is our current team the strongest we had in wch? i would say only the 1998 team was better.

the 1998 team:

Fredrik Modin - Mats Sundin - Mikael Renberg
Niklas Sundström - Peter Forsberg - Ulf Dahlen
Patric Kjellberg - Mikael Johansson - Jonas Bergqvist
Peter Nordström - Jörgen Jönsson - Nichlas Falk

Kim Johnsson - Mattias Norström
Mattias Öhlund - Nicklas Hävelid
Johan Tornberg - Hans Jonsson

Tommy Salo
Johan Hedberg

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
how strong is our team compare to other years, is our current team the strongest we had in wch? i would say only the 1998 team was better.

the 1998 team:

Fredrik Modin - Mats Sundin - Mikael Renberg
Niklas Sundström - Peter Forsberg - Ulf Dahlen
Patric Kjellberg - Mikael Johansson - Jonas Bergqvist
Peter Nordström - Jörgen Jönsson - Nichlas Falk

Kim Johnsson - Mattias Norström
Mattias Öhlund - Nicklas Hävelid
Johan Tornberg - Hans Jonsson

Tommy Salo
Johan Hedberg

Reactions: Retroglyphs

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The only thing the '98 team got over our current team is Forsberg, Sundin, & Salo. We have better depth this year; much better D and wings.

The 2012 team was the most stacked we've ever had.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Two questions after the Latvia game. 1. Should Nilsson really start against the US? He was really shaky. It was only lucky he didn't allow three goals, of which he should've had all of them. Yes, he also made some really nice saves, but so can Hellberg. 2. What the heck did De La Rose do to deserve to play with Forsberg and Arvidsson and what did Kempe do to not get the chance anymore? If Grönborg doesn't think Kempe has done enough, try Elias Andersson instead, he's a better offensive player than De La Rose.

Andersson at least creates chances and goes to the net. All the other 4th liners have done nothing this tournament, especially not De La Rose and Pääjärvi.

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Two questions after the Latvia game. 1. Should Nilsson really start against the US? He was really shaky. It was only lucky he didn't allow three goals, of which he should've had all of them. Yes, he also made some really nice saves, but so can Hellberg. 2. What the heck did De La Rose do to deserve to play with Forsberg and Arvidsson and what did Kempe do to not get the chance anymore? If Grönborg doesn't think Kempe has done enough, try Elias Andersson instead, he's a better offensive player than De La Rose.

Andersson at least creates chances and goes to the net. All the other 4th liners have done nothing this tournament, especially not De La Rose and Pääjärvi.
The goaltender situation is far from optimal, I don’t feel entirely comfortable with either of them.

Grönborg said Kempe played well all in all but won too few faceoffs, something he felt got better when DLR joined them, playwise I thought he did better than I thought he would at least.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Kempe looked lost playing with Forsberg and Arvidsson. It was worth a try but I'd rather see him on the 4th line next game. JDLR looked pretty decent actually.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Adam larsson should be traded to a fun team. In team sweden he is great. In oilers just told to play boards out. He better than that.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Kempe has looked lost whole tournament. He is currently our weak link.

He set up two assists last night. Overall hes on higher pace then your darling Elias. 7 points in 8 games. Almost ppg. Sorry you were wrong about me btw. Didn't even have an account here before but now i was forced to register just for fun lol :)

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
He set up two assists last night. Overall hes on higher pace then your darling Elias. 7 points in 8 games. Almost ppg. Sorry you were wrong about me btw. Didn't even have an account here before but now i was forced to register just for fun lol :)
Lol welcome. People actually like pettersson here unlike flashback. Kempe got some simple assists last game but wasnt really creating much. Was a reason why he was replaced.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lol welcome. People actually like pettersson here unlike flashback. Kempe got some simple assists last game but wasnt really creating much. Was a reason why he was replaced.

replaced by a grinder. jacob de la rose would get 25 points in shl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad