WC: Team Slovakia

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Starting this thread with good news for Team Slovakia in their quest for the QF in Copenhagen, and the hope that more good news is waiting in the pipeline.

Andrej Sekera playing WC

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Any word on Panik, Gaborik, Halak, Jurco, Jaros playing? Or Hrivik if he's healthy?

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Any word on Panik, Gaborik, Halak, Jurco, Jaros playing? Or Hrivik if he's healthy?
Highly unlikely for any of them outside of jaros. Hrivik maybe but even than, tbh doesn’t add much to team that Slovak league player couldn’t do. I’d bring young guys if I was coach, regulation game looms either way imo.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018

Panik Gaborik Halak Hrivik are not comming,,, Sekera Jurco and Jaros are comming to the worlds

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Defender Michal Cajkovsky best player in today's 4:1 exhibition game win vs. Germany in Dresden. Simun, Cajkovsky, Nagy and Paulovic with the goals for Slovakia, while Marcel Müller scored the early 1:0 for Germany.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Today's performance was pretty solid. Especially in the defensive zone - I had great excitement in Fehérváry, Čajkovský and Bondra.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Slovakia final roster

brankári: Denis Godla (KalPa Kuopio), Marek Čiliak (HC Kometa Brno), Patrik Rybár (Mountfield Hradec Králové)
obrancovia: Adam Jánošík (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec), Michal Čajkovský (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg), Marek Ďaloga (HC Sparta Praha), Martin Fehérváry (IK Oskarshamn), Dominik Graňák (Mountfield Hradec Králové), Mário Grman (Pirati Chomutov), Christián Jaroš (Belleville Senators/Ottawa Senators), Andrej Sekera (Edmonton Oilers)
útočníci: Pavol Skalický (HC 05 Banská Bystrica), Martin Bakoš (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec), Lukáš Cingel (Mountfield Hradec Králové), Dávid Bondra, Dávid Buc, Patrik Svitana (všetci HK Poprad), Michal Krištof (HK Nitra), Juraj Mikúš (HC Litvínov), Marcel Haščák (HC Kometa Brno), Tomáš Marcinko (HC Oceláři Třinec), Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Praha), Ladislav Nagy, Marek Hovorka (obaja HC Košice), Tomáš Jurčo (Chicago Blackhawks)

Reactions: Retroglyphs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
the forwards and goalies is terrible.
Rybar was probably the brightest breakout star in Extraliga this year, you can do a lot worse than him. He is probably better than guys like Haugen or aus den Birken. Sure it's not on par with the big 6 but nothing in Slovak hockey is anymore.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
the forwards and goalies is terrible.

good defense thought.

LOL, goalies are terrible ...

Ciliak is one of the best goalkeepers in czech extraliga. Next season he will play in KHL. Rybar has some offer from NHL. Give me another joke.

Offensive is average cca 15 players are missing (Gaborik, Hossa, Panik, Cehlarik, Hrivik, Viedensky, Zaborsky, L. Hudacek, Ceresnak, Cernak, Marincin, Dano, Tatar, Radivojevic). Some players are injured, other are still playing in NHL, etc.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Ciliak is one of the best goalkeepers in czech extraliga. Next season he will play in KHL. Rybar has some offer from NHL. Give me another joke.
This is the pot calling the kettle black. A decent argument can be made Ciliak is one of the worst starting goalies in the Extraliga and there is no way he's playing in the KHL next year unless it's for Slovan as a backup. He's never had regular season Sv% of at least .92 and almost lost starter's job to 20 y.o. Vejmelka last year altogether. And this year they got Langhammer on loan as well.

He's nothing more than a 3rd goalie for this team as well.

Babula

May 31, 2012
possible line up against Czech team for tonight ? anyway this is great start to the tourney, but the real test is behind...

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava

Offensive is average cca 15 players are missing (Gaborik, Hossa, Panik, Cehlarik, Hrivik, Viedensky, Zaborsky, L. Hudacek, Ceresnak, Cernak, Marincin, Dano, Tatar, Radivojevic). Some players are injured, other are still playing in NHL, etc.

Still not playing in the NHL, I would say :laugh:

Reactions: Faterson

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
This is the pot calling the kettle black. A decent argument can be made Ciliak is one of the worst starting goalies in the Extraliga and there is no way he's playing in the KHL next year unless it's for Slovan as a backup. He's never had regular season Sv% of at least .92 and almost lost starter's job to 20 y.o. Vejmelka last year altogether. And this year they got Langhammer on loan as well.

He's nothing more than a 3rd goalie for this team as well.

Well, then he apparently has a twin brother who played outstanding in the net tonight. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jakk123

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, then he apparently has a twin brother who played outstanding in the net tonight. :sarcasm:
True. Still doesn't mean much in the big picture.

Regarding his PO record with Kometa, that team is as stacked as you are gonna get in the Czech league so I will reserve my applause for now.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
True. Still doesn't mean much in the big picture.

Regarding his PO record with Kometa, that team is as stacked as you are gonna get in the Czech league so I will reserve my applause for now.

Based on what? They finished 5th in the regular season, with only Erat and Krejcik in the top20 of scoring. I mean I'm not saying he's going to the KHL, but it seems to me you are a little too hard on him.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Anyone who blames Ciliak for this lost, is dead wrong. The players in front of him were a bunch of pylons in the third, Ciliak kept the 2-1 lead as long as he could but at one point he cant do everything by himself.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Based on what? They finished 5th in the regular season, with only Erat and Krejcik in the top20 of scoring. I mean I'm not saying he's going to the KHL, but it seems to me you are a little too hard on him.

Based on their roster. Sure it was even more impressive in 2017 but still, that team is stacked. Half of it played in the KHL at some point. And them finishing 5th in the regular season (even worse, 6th last year) is in a huge part down to Ciliak (again, even more so in 16/17 season when he struggled mightily). And I'm not saying he's the worse goalie ever or anything but definitely a little underwhelming at the WC level, which the discussion was all about. And definitely, not someone who outgrew the league he's playing in.

Anyone who blames Ciliak for this lost, is dead wrong. The players in front of him were a bunch of pylons in the third, Ciliak kept the 2-1 lead as long as he could but at one point he cant do everything by himself.

I don't anybody does. Not here, at least.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Why did more NHL'ers start declining WC invations in recent years? With Satan as GM you'd think more would want to help. Gaborik and Panik would have been nice additions to this team.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
And what about Viedensky? Did he decline or he wasn't picked? Just wonder whether this is Ramsey's strategy or you really have 15 declines?

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
And what about Viedensky? Did he decline or he wasn't picked? Just wonder whether this is Ramsey's strategy or you really have 15 declines?
There are 18 declines. Viedensky is missing due to surgery
And of course this team would be much better with Panik, Hudacek, Viedensky, Gaborik and Zaborsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad