Team Russia's Lines Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Why they don't put the Frolov-Yashin-Afinoginov line back together is beyond me. That was by far Russia's best line at the World Cup

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Legionnaire said:
Why they don't put the Frolov-Yashin-Afinoginov line back together is beyond me. That was by far Russia's best line at the World Cup
The best line for Russia at World Cup was Frolov - Yashin - Zubrus actually ;)

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Slitty said:
Make that Sushsinky is better than Malkin according to about 85%-90% of Russian hockey (RSL) fans who are knowledgeable and watch RSL games much similarly to how a diehard Canadian would watch NHL games.

..Its like saying Gretzky is the greatest player of alltime, some may disagree, but its accepted enough for one to not get shot in the face for not adding an IMHO to such a statement.
Sorry Slitty, i am a fan of Russian hockey, we will support the same team in this Olympics and i've seen Sushinky and Malkin play a lot of times (just in case you thought i was a North American fan)..

but this one deserves a big LOL

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
With the number of russian players dropping out, they put out an excellent team. The defense is pretty damn good and the first line is probably the best in the whole tournament. For internationnal play on big ice, I cannot even begin to imagine what Kovalev, Kovalchuk and Datsyuk will do. How can you have 3 of the 5 most talented players in the world on the same line?

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Russia's team age.

Is our team the youngest in these Olympics?

Kovalchuk 22, Datsyuk 27, Kovalev 32
Sushinsky 3?, Yashin 31, Kharitonov ??
Frolov 25, Kozlov 30, Korolyuk 29
Ovechkin 20, Malkin 19 (youngest player in the tourney), Afinogenov 26?

Kasparaitis 33, Tyutin 22
Gonchar 31, Volchenkov 24?
A. Markov 27, D. Markov 29
Zhukov ??, Vishnevski 25

Nabokov 30
Bryzgalov 24

We have only 6 players that are over 30 y.o.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Habsaku said:
With the number of russian players dropping out, they put out an excellent team. The defense is pretty damn good and the first line is probably the best in the whole tournament. For internationnal play on big ice, I cannot even begin to imagine what Kovalev, Kovalchuk and Datsyuk will do. How can you have 3 of the 5 most talented players in the world on the same line?
Ummmm, Kovalev and Datsyuk are no where near the top 5 in the world.

KOVALEV10*

Ziggyjoe21 said:

In terms of plain sheer talent Kovalev and Datsyuk are definately top 10 in the world.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Ziggyjoe21 said:
You're right, Kovalev is number 1 in terms of talent. Its by no means a reach to say Datsyuk and Kovalev are top 5 talents in the world, they might actually be number 1 and 2. Just hear anything their teammates think about their skill level. Find me one guy that's 6'2 230 pounds, can skate like the wind, cannot be knocked off the puck, can stickhandle like no one else in the league, yet also be as agile as a bee and shoot like a cannon. Thats Kovalev for you, he just wasnt blessed with hockey sense and intensity.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Habsaku said:
You're right, Kovalev is number 1 in terms of talent. Its by no means a reach to say Datsyuk and Kovalev are top 5 talents in the world, they might actually be number 1 and 2. Just hear anything their teammates think about their skill level. Find me one guy that's 6'2 230 pounds, can skate like the wind, cannot be knocked off the puck, can stickhandle like no one else in the league, yet also be as agile as a bee and shoot like a cannon. Thats Kovalev for you, he just wasnt blessed with hockey sense and intensity.
You nailed it right on the head. There isn't more frustrating player to watch than Kovalev. He has all the tools that a hockey player dreams to possess, but yet he rarely displays hockey sense. I can actually say that Ovechkin is a Kovalev with the hockey sense and intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad