Team Russia WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
When are they going to announce the final roster?

I don't know, but they will make some cuts before Friday's and Sunday's Eurohockey Tour finals.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
wilka91 said:
The offense should have difficulties scoring anything.

It's a joke. The offense of this team is marvellous. Young scorers and playmakers willl play for the russians. Malkin, Ovechkin, Kaigorodov, Kovalchuk. And some greats players like Yashin, Kovalev, Kozlov, Datsyuk . This team can score a lot of goals.

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
how is steblin continuing to get elected. doesnt it kill fetisov to see this happen year after, his country with arguably the most talented group of hockey players in the world send second rate teams to major international tournaments. what are the prospects for larionov or makarov or someone with more respect/competence to get that position one day. personally, i root for players and teams of players, not nations or cities. imagine this lineup at wc's:

kovalchuk - datsyuk - kovalev
frolov - fedorov - morozov
ovechkin - yashin - zhamnov
semin - chubarov - afinogenov/zherdev

gonchar - zubov
kasparitis - zhitnik
d. markov - a. markov

kahbibulin
nabokov

sick. this team would be ridiculous. (and it doesnt include russians who are injured but probably wouldnt play anyway, i.e. mogilny, samsonov). it is truly a shame that only a handful of players will be on the actual team. truly sad.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
rananda said:
how is steblin continuing to get elected. doesnt it kill fetisov to see this happen year after, his country with arguably the most talented group of hockey players in the world send second rate teams to major international tournaments. what are the prospects for larionov or makarov or someone with more respect/competence to get that position one day. personally, i root for players and teams of players, not nations or cities. imagine this lineup at wc's:

kovalchuk - datsyuk - kovalev
frolov - fedorov - morozov
ovechkin - yashin - zhamnov
semin - chubarov - afinogenov/zherdev

gonchar - zubov
kasparitis - zhitnik
d. markov - a. markov

kahbibulin
nabokov

sick. this team would be ridiculous. (and it doesnt include russians who are injured but probably wouldnt play anyway, i.e. mogilny, samsonov). it is truly a shame that only a handful of players will be on the actual team. truly sad.

You are right about everything! It is very difficult to see the same thing year after year! All Russian fans suffer because of that! But it will end. Fetisov, Makarov, Larionov are still very young and they are eager to help out. Eventually they will get the positions in the federation and when they do... only sky is our limit.

Patience

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Just for fun, Russia's "B" team consisting of players not going to Austria (injured, not invited and those who refused to play) :

Mogilny - Fedorov - P. Bure (the "lost generation" line)
Frolov - Zhamnov - Zherdev
Samsonov - Kaigorodov - Morozov
S. Kozlov - Brylin - Sushinsky
Korolyuk - Chubarov - Saprykin
V. Bure ...

Malakhov - D. Markov
Zhitnik - Kasparaitis
Zubov - Tverdovsky
Volchenkov - Tyutin
Mironov - Yushkevich

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Bryzgalov

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Just for fun, Russia's "B" team consisting of players not going to Austria (injured, not invited and those who refused to play) :

V. Bure ...

Malakhov - D. Markov
Zhitnik - Kasparaitis
Zubov - Tverdovsky
Volchenkov - Tyutin
Mironov - Yushkevich

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Bryzgalov
This is much more heartbreaking than funny. :cry:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
wilka91 said:
Team Russia

Kovalev - Datsyuk - Kharitonov
Simakov - Zinovjev - Kovalchuk
Antipov - Yashin - Nepryayev
V. Kozlov - Skugarev - Semin
F. Fedorov - Malkin - Ovechkin

Vyshedkevich - A. Markov
Ryazantsev - Proshkin
A. Titov - Vishnevsky

Sokolov
Zvyagin

CSKA (only National team's players)

Afanasenkov - Simakov - Grigorenko

Kulyash - Denisov
Karpovtsev - Kalinin

Fomichev
Yeremenko

Russia has quite the young team. I'd guess the average age at maybe 25. Then theres that rather inexperienced Ovechkin-Fedor Fedorov -Malkin line,their ages average to 20.

afinogenov

Sep 17, 2004
wilka91 said:

V. Bure ...

Malakhov - D. Markov
Zhitnik - Kasparaitis
Zubov - Tverdovsky
Volchenkov - Tyutin
Mironov - Yushkevich

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Bryzgalov

Why are you doing this to me? :cry:

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
when mogilny, federov, and bure played together at cska and on the junior team, who played left wing? i feel like mogilny's game was probably more adaptable to either side, but i could be wrong on this. if this stayed together for those olympics and world cups, it would have been nice to watch.

i was watching the 87 canada cup recently, watching makarov and krutov play together is such a joy (larionov was not in his best form due to political squabbles, lack of preparation, possibly injury). they were so much more skilled and beautiful to watch than the canadian duo, gretzky and lemieux (who were great in their own right). it's really a shame what happened then, and what is happening now.

espo*

rananda said:
when mogilny, federov, and bure played together at cska and on the junior team, who played left wing? i feel like mogilny's game was probably more adaptable to either side, but i could be wrong on this. if this stayed together for those olympics and world cups, it would have been nice to watch.

i was watching the 87 canada cup recently, watching makarov and krutov play together is such a joy (larionov was not in his best form due to political squabbles, lack of preparation, possibly injury). they were so much more skilled and beautiful to watch than the canadian duo, gretzky and lemieux (who were great in their own right). it's really a shame what happened then, and what is happening now.
Best laugh of the day bar none.So much more skilled and beautiful to watch then Gretzky and Lemieux.What alternate twilight zone reality did this take place in?My God...........are you allright?Been in any accidents lately?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
cyclops said:
Best laugh of the day bar none.So much more skilled and beautiful to watch then Gretzky and Lemieux.What alternate twilight zone reality did this take place in?My God...........are you allright?Been in any accidents lately?

Yeah but don't forget the things you told me yesterday, which come from that same twilight (toilet?) zone.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
cyclops said:

I don't think there is anything that strange about his remarks. After all, these are matters of taste we're talking about. All of the mentioned guys are great hockey players. I for one happen to think that Gretzky and Lemieux are probably the best individual players of all time, but I still maintain that the Krutov, Larionov, Makarov -line was the best combo ever and absolutely great to watch.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Boucicaut said:
I don't think there is anything that strange about his remarks. After all, these are matters of taste we're talking about. All of the mentioned guys are great hockey players. I for one happen to think that Gretzky and Lemieux are probably the best individual players of all time, but I still maintain that the Krutov, Larionov, Makarov -line was the best combo ever and absolutely great to watch.

Cyclops won't agree because Canadian hockey fanboys like him just don't!

The only truth for him is that Canada is number 1 and always was (even if everyone knows it's not true).

Oil_slick9416*

wilka91 said:

The only truth for him is that Canada is number 1 and always was (even if everyone knows it's not true).

says mr russian fanboy :teach:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Oil_slick9416 said:
says mr russian fanboy :teach:

Except that I'm not saying that kind of typically Canadian nonsense.

I'm an UltrabiasedRusFan only in terms on fanship, and if you read some of my posts before, you'd see that whenever a team is playing better I acknowledge that fact.

espo*

Boucicaut said:
Not strange? These are not matters of opinion at all.To have him say Makarov and company are slightly more talented then Lemieux,Gretzky i could live with(of course not true but i could live with it) but to say they are...and i qoute "so much more talented and beautiful to watch" is crazy talk made only by someone who either has no hockey knowledge with which to speak or has had a recent brain injury,so i ask....which one is it?There are opinions(which we all have) and then there are silly statements that come out of a persons backside,that was one of them to be sure.As for your viewpoint here.....individual talents? did you happen to watch Lemieux and Gretzky work together in that Canada cup? I'm sorry Boucicat .....they put them on a line for a couple of games(not playing all the time together like the Russian trio) and they did things that were hockey magic.If those guys had played together all the time we would have weekly threads reminiscing about their play together.The KLM line would be an afterthought.
Please,if you put Makarov and Lemieux into a draft tommorow both at 18 years old and you are my g.m and i'm the owner and you walk up to that mike and select anyone other then Lemieux...........you would'nt have a job very long.I'd be sending you back to the office to clean out your belongings. Let's all be serious around here,not nationalistic.The KLM guys so much more talented and beautiful watch then Lemieux and
Gretzky? Who can say that with a straight face around here?C'mon

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

wilka91 said:
Yeah but don't forget the things you told me yesterday, which come from that same twilight (toilet?) zone.
I have no idea about what you're talking about with the "things you said yesterday" so i'll move on.So much more beautiful and talented eh? Really?,that's interesting.Very interesting.

espo*

wilka91 said:

Fanboy and proud of it.Yes,number 1,you're right again.We've got the hardware to prove it too as opposed to all those wooden golden medals you guys collected in your "amateur days".Why would anyone with any clue think the KLM boys were better then Gretzky and Lemieux? I liked the KLM line just fine and have said so before but i'm not stupid.....they were'nt as good as Gretzky and Lemieux and any hockey talent observer would tell you that.Tikonov would tell you that for God's sake.Give it up man....i can't take ya seriousely with stuff like that.I know you are Russian and all and therefore love your players but holy s*&t......give me a break.You gotta be more on the ball then that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
little question:

does Perezhogin is there? i think i heard or read he was injured. can anyone can confirm or give me more infos about him. will he play in exibition?

thanks

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
I dont really understand why people are surprised about the absence of Morozov and Zherdev and the inclusion of Malkin and Ovechkin.

Morozov has time and again proved he only plays well with certain team-mates, look how great he is with Mario, without him, he continually puts up poor numbers.

Zherdev totally lacks any willingness to play defence, I think Zherdev in the future will become a lock on the national team, but that'll be after he realises he's gotta play in his zone too.

Malkin and Ovechkin are the future of Russian hockey, and I think the more these 2 can play together and develop more chemistry the brighter the future will look for Russia.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Crusher20 said:
little question:

does Perezhogin is there? i think i heard or read he was injured. can anyone can confirm or give me more infos about him. will he play in exibition?

thanks

consider this confirmed ... that was his official excuse

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Wingmanrob said:
Morozov has time and again proved he only plays well with certain team-mates, look how great he is with Mario, without him, he continually puts up poor numbers.

Even if you're partly right about Morozov, you almost got it all wrong, because Team Russia did invite Morozov ... but they kinda did it too late, the idiots.

And do I have to remind you that he was the best player on a team with Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, Heatley, Kovalev and so on ... while playing mostly with Zinoviev. That's for the whole "Morozov can only play well with Lemieux" part.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
cyclops said:
Fanboy and proud of it.Yes,number 1,you're right againWe've got the hardware to prove it too as opposed to all those wooden golden medals you guys collected in your "amateur days".Why would anyone with any clue think the KLM boys were better then Gretzky and Lemieux? I liked the KLM line just fine and have said so before but i'm not stupid.....they were'nt as good as Gretzky and Lemieux and any hockey talent observer would tell you that.Tikonov would tell you that for God's sake.Give it up man....i can't take ya seriousely with stuff like that.I know you are Russian and all and therefore love your players but holy s*&t......give me a break.You gotta be more on the ball then that.

That's not how you're going to convince anyone here, except yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->