Team Russia roster announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
MOGiLNY said:
Radulov on the other hand i don't know what the hype is all about. I really didn't see much in him during the ADT challenge,
Against Quebec he was the best player on the ice.

He didn't play the other 4 games.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
19bruins19 said:
A highly touted Flyers prospect who will play for Canada at the WJC's this year for Canada.

Hey listen dude, I'm gonna tell you a secret that reveals the truth about all the things that ever existed in the Universe : if I dunno who dat goddam' Canadian is, he f***ing sucks, alright dude? He gowna get smashed boy Pa'shin!

:joker:

RoyIsALegend*

Evegeny Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin, Roman Voloshenko, Alexandr Radulov, Denis Parshin, Enver Lisin, Grigory Shafigulin... wow, I'm so excited to see this offensive talent on display.

I'm particularly excited about Parshin... mighty midget that the Avs selected this past June. Apparently he has all-world stick-handling and creativity abilities.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
MOGiLNY said:
Radulov on the other hand i don't know what the hype is all about. I really didn't see much in him during the ADT challenge, and wouldn't be surprised if he tanks it at the WJC. The fact that I read about his selfish attitude doesn't help the cause neither.

I can't speculate as to wether or not radulov tanks at the WJC's, but if he is such a selfish player, then why does he have 27 assists compared to only 19 goals this year in the Q? Sure, I realize that stats aren't the end-all-beat-all, but from reports I've heard his "selfishness" reputation is myth.

I did see him myself at a preds rookie camp and he didn't really seem selfish with puck, but he was VERY eager to score. From what I saw, his passing skills were very good and his goal scoring insinct is amazing.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
crossxcheck said:
I can't speculate as to wether or not radulov tanks at the WJC's, but if he is such a selfish player, then why does he have 27 assists compared to only 19 goals this year in the Q? Sure, I realize that stats aren't the end-all-beat-all, but from reports I've heard his "selfishness" reputation is myth.

I did see him myself at a preds rookie camp and he didn't really seem selfish with puck, but he was VERY eager to score. From what I saw, his passing skills were very good and his goal scoring insinct is amazing.

Maybe what he meant was that Radulov is a selfish player, not in terms of sharing the puck, but maybe putting himself before the team, like maybe taking it easy during practices, or not helping out defensively, I don't claim to know, but maybe that's what he meant, he's got a selfish attitude... :dunno:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Sometimes when a player has a reputation of being a sniper his passing skills get overlooked. I think Radulov has good passing skills his playmaking ability is very underrated. For example I always thought Moginly was a great sniper and wasn't a great playmaker. Since I saw him a lot after he signed with the Leafs I have to admit he is one of the best playmaking wingers. His scoring goals ability always outshadowed his ability of being a great playermaker. those were my 2 cents.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
417 TO MTL said:
Maybe what he meant was that Radulov is a selfish player, not in terms of sharing the puck, but maybe putting himself before the team, like maybe taking it easy during practices, or not helping out defensively, I don't claim to know, but maybe that's what he meant, he's got a selfish attitude... :dunno:

Perhaps maybe he puts himself before the team (althought I'd think that could be coached out), but I'm quite certain that he doesn't "take it easy" during practice.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Slick Nick said:
Could someone comment a little about Salnikov and Galimov? please.
Strange Glazachev didn't make it :dunno:
Well, I've seen Galimov in some last games. He plays with Shafigulin and Shvidky so it means that they have chemistry. I think that Galimov has good performance from what I've seen. Also Kari Heikelya (sp?) - Head coach of Lokomotiv - is very high on Shafigluin and Galimov.

http://ak-bars.ru/video/download.php?s=15&m=25&i=25_21&id=1138&c=157 There is goal from Galimov against Ak Bars (Fred Brathwaite was in the net) after good wrist shot. (#15 is Shafigulin)

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
crossxcheck said:
Perhaps maybe he puts himself before the team (althought I'd think that could be coached out), but I'm quite certain that he doesn't "take it easy" during practice.

I don't claim to know if he takes it easy in practice, I was just alluding to the fact that, that's what he might of meant

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
wilka91 said:
Hey listen dude, I'm gonna tell you a secret that reveals the truth about all the things that ever existed in the Universe : if I dunno who dat goddam' Canadian is, he f***ing sucks, alright dude? He gowna get smashed boy Pa'shin!

:joker:

You barely know who any prospect is though.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Kaizer said:
Well, I've seen Galimov in some last games. He plays with Shafigulin and Shvidky so it means that they have chemistry. I think that Galimov has good performance from what I've seen. Also Kari Heikelya (sp?) - Head coach of Lokomotiv - is very high on Shafigluin and Galimov.

http://ak-bars.ru/video/download.php?s=15&m=25&i=25_21&id=1138&c=157 There is goal from Galimov against Ak Bars (Fred Brathwaite was in the net) after good wrist shot. (#15 is Shafigulin)

Thanks Kaizer

Shafigulin is a player I like, but to be franc it's the first time I hear about Salnikov and Galimov. Ah well, I have full confidence in Gersonsky, he had succes everywhere he coached.

I'm not as sure about the goalies.. Khudobin was lucky on sevral occasions at the ADT challange. Let's assume that he'll have better defensive covrage this time...

Reilly311

If they put Radulov on the line with Malkin and Ovechkin he'll probably have a bad tournament points wise.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Zednik20 said:
You barely know who any prospect is though.

Dude, you like totally owned me man. Owned like when you get served. Yeah, man I got served, damn!

But it's true, I don't waste my time either talking or learning useless stuff about some 16-year old dudes who are probably total jerks and will never finish school. :teach:

chicpea*

Kaizer said:

Thanks for the roster, Kaizer.

Anyone care to speculate on lines and D pairings? Where will Yunkov play and is Khudobin still presumed a guaranteed starter?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
TORRUS said:
No, it's not the same coach. Ishmatov was the coach when Russian won the gold in 2002 and 2003.

2002 Pluschev 2003 Ishmatov 2004 Ishmatov 2005 Gersonsky (was one of the assistents in 2003) and the assistent is Bragin who was the head coach at the WJC U18 2004 and knows players of 1986 very well.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Slay said:
2002 Pluschev 2003 Ishmatov 2004 Ishmatov 2005 Gersonsky (was one of the assistents in 2003) and the assistent is Bragin who was the head coach at the WJC U18 2004 and knows players of 1986 very well.

Yes, you're right, my mistake...

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Reilly311 said:
If they put Radulov on the line with Malkin and Ovechkin he'll probably have a bad tournament points wise.

Radulov is on the line with Yunkov and Voloshenko

soilwork2004

Nov 18, 2004

"Dude, you like totally owned me man. Owned like when you get served. Yeah, man I got served, damn!

But it's true, I don't waste my time either talking or learning useless stuff about some 16-year old dudes who are probably total jerks and will never finish school."

We are talking about Mike Richards here and not Alexander "I can't count past 30" Ovechkin. Mark my words! Richards will crush Ovechkin within the opening minutes of the Canada-Russia game to set the tone for Canada.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
soilwork2004 said:
"Dude, you like totally owned me man. Owned like when you get served. Yeah, man I got served, damn!

But it's true, I don't waste my time either talking or learning useless stuff about some 16-year old dudes who are probably total jerks and will never finish school."

We are talking about Mike Richards here and not Alexander "I can't count past 30" Ovechkin. Mark my words! Richards will crush Ovechkin within the opening minutes of the Canada-Russia game to set the tone for Canada.

I think there's more chances Russians slam Crosby into the boards, than Canadians slam Mr. Ovechkin. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->