TEAM RUSSIA lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
i think this team has great potential, but they might be missing a checker or two. here's my lines:

Samsonov - Fedorov - Kovalev 1st line(size,speed,skill)
Kovalchuk - Yashin - Kvasha 2nd line(two isles pass to Ilya)
Zubrus - Chubarov - V.Kozlov checking line(defense,size and grit)
Datsyuk - Zhamnov - Ovechkin energy line, X-factor

extras: V.Bure, Afinogenov, Shishevski

Gonchar - D.Markov best offensive D, best defensive D
A.Markov - Kasparaitis kasper will cover for markov
Khavanov - Volchenkov volchenkov will cover for khavanov

extras: Tverdovsky, Vishnevsky

i tried to have some size and skill on each line. the 1st line has Kovalev for size/physical play and Fedorov and Samsonov for skill. 2nd line should be dangerous with Yashin and Kvasha playing the boards or going to the net and thus leaving Kovalchuk wide open. checking line has chubarov and zubrus as great checkers but i'm not sure about v.kozlov...although i heard he can play D and the devils trusted him to play D. 4th line can be explosive and if overlooked by the opposition then they will score. Defensive pairs are very solid and should be awesome.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
can't say I'd change a thing except for Tverdovsky in for Khavanov.

That second line has the potential to be the best line in the tournament simply because the fimiliarity of Yashin/Kvasha and the kind of game they play (puck control on boards using very high level of strength/skill) plus letting Kovalchuk find the open ice in the offensive zone for the feeds.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
thome_26 said:
can't say I'd change a thing except for Tverdovsky in for Khavanov.

That second line has the potential to be the best line in the tournament simply because the fimiliarity of Yashin/Kvasha and the kind of game they play (puck control on boards using very high level of strength/skill) plus letting Kovalchuk find the open ice in the offensive zone for the feeds.

thanks. and yes, tverdovsky for khavanov would be fine,they are on same level, although i think khavanov is better in his own zone.
as for the YASHIN line, cant agree with you more. some teams might focus on stopping the FEDOROV line and get burned by this second line. other teams might even try to stop the YASHIN line but they wont be able too...you stop yashin and kvasha and end up with kovalchuk scoring...stop kovalchuk and the two islanders will burn you down low! AUCH!

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Let's not forget that when he wants to be, Yashin can be a top ten player in the NHL. He's one of the few guys around that has the ability (desire is questionable) to score over a point/game. He sees the ice amazingly, he's strong on the puck and boards (although not physical), and I think he is perhaps one of the better players in the NHL at using d'men against their goalie for screened shots (although I think Mogilny is the best in the league at finding the right time with the dman and goalie line up to shoot).

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
well

THOME_26 think the russians can match canada? (i hope so). i see canada going like this:

Smyth - Thornton - Heatley
Sakic - Lemieux - Iginla
Draper - Yzerman - Maltby
Marleau - Richards - St.Louis

extras: Morrow, Gagne, Doan

Dmen:

Pronger - Niedermayer
Blake - Foote
Jovanovski - Regehr

extras: Redden , Brewer

Goalie : Brodeur

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
What I think and what I hope are different. However, there are a couple things. I can't see Smyth in a top six roll on Canada unless he finds some amazing chemistry with somebody. Marleau won't be played out of position at LW and on fourth line when Morrow would be MUCH MUCH better suited to that roll. Also you can bet on both Brewer and Redden drawing in before Regehr. Also - I think we'll see some kind of Sakic/Iginla combo with a different winger (Gange, Doan, Morrow, Smyth, St. Louis) then Mario who I would suspect playing with Yzerman in a much smaller roll then in Salt Lake (lotsa PP time i'm thinking).

Anyways, I think Russia excedes Canada is pure skill and speed, but not in grit and heart. Depth is a slight edge to Canada (BIG edge on defense) and probably in goal.

The thing is that I think Russia is the only team without BIG holes (US and Sweden in net, Finland, Czech and Slovakia in goal) that can match Canada with game breakers:
Kovalev-Iginla
Yashin-Heatley
Federov-Thronton
Kovalchuk-Sakic
To me, those are the four game breakers on each team (although arguements could be made that Blake and Pronger are, and I'd probably have to concur).

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I have no idea. He's just so excited about it he has to creat a new thread every time he thinks of a player :lol:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Whatever the lines are, just DON'T make Ovechkin play with Sushinsky or Yashin and preferably not Kovalchuk.

Hands off!!! He's not a Capital yet!!! :snide: hehe

habsfan9

Feb 23, 2004
laval, qc
2forsbergaura1 said:
i think this team has great potential, but they might be missing a checker or two. here's my lines:

Samsonov - Fedorov - Kovalev 1st line(size,speed,skill)
Kovalchuk - Yashin - Kvasha 2nd line(two isles pass to Ilya)
Zubrus - Chubarov - V.Kozlov checking line(defense,size and grit)
Datsyuk - Zhamnov - Ovechkin energy line, X-factor

extras: V.Bure, Afinogenov, Shishevski

Gonchar - D.Markov best offensive D, best defensive D
A.Markov - Kasparaitis kasper will cover for markov
Khavanov - Volchenkov volchenkov will cover for khavanov

extras: Tverdovsky, Vishnevsky

i tried to have some size and skill on each line. the 1st line has Kovalev for size/physical play and Fedorov and Samsonov for skill. 2nd line should be dangerous with Yashin and Kvasha playing the boards or going to the net and thus leaving Kovalchuk wide open. checking line has chubarov and zubrus as great checkers but i'm not sure about v.kozlov...although i heard he can play D and the devils trusted him to play D. 4th line can be explosive and if overlooked by the opposition then they will score. Defensive pairs are very solid and should be awesome.

karper will cover 4 markov, common, markov 2wice the defenseman that kasper ever was :mad:

Burnaby_Joe*

Lemieux Thornton Heatley
Gagne Sakic Iginla
Smyth Marleau St.Louis
Morrow Draper Yzerman

Niedermayer Foote :bow:
Jovanovski Blake
Pronger Redden

Brodeur

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Footemeister said: