Team Orientation programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddy TLC*

Would anyone happen to know if teams hold orientation sessions for new players or recent draftees? The purpose of such sessions would be to address employment expectations, code of conduct, team policies, etc.

If you can think of any other topics of conversation for the purpose of an employee orientation program for NHL players, could you please list them below. i will follow later with what I have written down.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
An interesting, non-CBA related question (which is refreshing!), so I did some searching and only found one article mentioning a team bringing together prospects/rookies for something other than a training camp: Penguins article - July 2003

The prospects had physical testing, met with the team's staff, toured the city and got to know each other a bit, but they never set foot on ice and undoubtedly did not improve as hockey players in the slightest.
The prospects' orientation ended yesterday with a talk from equipment manager Steve Latin and a visit to Patrick's house.
The hit of the weekend for the players? Fireworks at the Pirates' game Friday.
Couldn't find anything local about what the Bolts do for prospects/rookies.

I would think that teams must address these types of issues, but maybe they just don't publicize it? :dunno: The NBA & NFL seem to do this on a league-wide basis: NBA Rookie Transition Program, NFL Rookie Symposium

MacDaddy TLC*

Sotnos,
Thank you for the links to the NBA and NFL programs. Those can be very valuable tools for the project I am working on right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad