Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Utah Stingers maybe?

Anything bee related would be great.

images.png

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I think the official results will depend on who is allowed to vote..

If it is just Utah residents, I believe Yeti wins..

If it is allowed to spread beyond the borders, it will be something else

Also the results may have been triggered by RS saying the colors are purple and Blue.. anyone who picked black diamonds or outlaws may have changed to Yeti after hearing that

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think the official poll will depend on who is allowed to vote..

If it is just Utah residents, I believe Yeti wins..

If it is allowed to spread beyond the borders, it will be something else

Also the results may have been triggered by RS saying the colors are purple and Blue.. anyone who picked black diamonds or outlaws may have changed to Yeti after hearing that
I suspect it will be the 27K folks who put down $200 season ticket deposits.

I agree. I think if Yetis is an option, it’ll win. The team
Will need to evaluate how they feel about the consumer goods brand confusion BEFORE they add it to the official poll. It it makes it to the poll, they’re ok with it. And if it makes it to the poll, I think it’s winning.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I suspect it will be the 27K folks who put down $200 season ticket deposits.

I agree. I think if Yetis is an option, it’ll win. The team
Will need to evaluate how they feel about the consumer goods brand confusion BEFORE they add it to the official poll. It it makes it to the poll, they’re ok with it. And if it makes it to the poll, I think it’s winning.
It will have to be Yetis instead of Yeti because as you mentioned the cooler confusion

I bet he also throws it in front of the players to give them some input as well . It sounded like he wants the players to really feel they are involved with building this

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It will have to be Yetis instead of Yeti because as you mentioned the cooler confusion

I bet he also throws it in front of the players to give them some input as well . It sounded like he wants the players to really feel they are involved with building this

Most names are plural

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
If it's the Blizzard, the crowd chant has to be, "STORM ON!"

No "Go Blizz Go" or "Let's Go Blizz-ard" crap.

STORM ON! *clap clap clap* STORM ON! *clap clap clap*

Blizzard would also fit well with the whiteout whenever they make the playoffs. 😁

I wonder if they'll keep that tradition since Meruelo still owns the rights to the Coyotes.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Blizzard would also fit well with the whiteout whenever they make the playoffs. 😁

I wonder if they'll keep that tradition since Meruelo still owns the rights to the Coyotes.
Whiteouts are now the stupidest tradition in hockey because they don’t wear white at home

rt

May 13, 2004
Copperheads are a Deep South snake. Not a western US snake. They don’t have them in Utah.

Call me crazy, but I think Black Diamonds uniforms probably need have at least SOME black in them. Haha.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Copperheads are a Deep South snake. Not a western US snake. They don’t have them in Utah.

Call me crazy, but I think Black Diamonds uniforms probably need have at least SOME black in them. Haha.

Are concerns about native range accuracy new? I never saw a ranger in NYC, and penguins are not native to Pittsburg.

rt

May 13, 2004
Are concerns about native range accuracy new? I never saw a ranger in NYC, and penguins are not native to Pittsburg.
I don’t know the history of how they named these things 100 years ago. There may have been a cigarette smoking penguin who was mayor of Pittsburgh in those days, whose literal name was just a racial slur of some kind.

Point with “copperheads” is that it’s a very specific name of a real thing with a real range.

I guess it doesn’t matter. We’re talking about a state whose pro hockey history is largely tied up in “grizzlies” which they don’t have. And whose front-runner is a mythical Asian rock monster. And who share a building with the “Utah Jazz” of all things.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And who share a building with the “Utah Jazz” of all things.

I still remember when the basketball team relocated from New Orleans. Back then the team name made sense. When they got to Utah, everyone was expecting them to change the name... but no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad