Team name and jersey ideas

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It will be interesting, because basketball jerseys rarely have a logo on their uniforms , and if they did, it would have to be simple .. I think if they are going to campaign and get feedback from the public .. they may want logos and designs to be similar to NHL and hockey teams .. With the Coyotes having the best logo and jersey, the new owner may want something that rivals it

But who knows?

It's short notice for Fanatics (yuck) to get something complex done. Best bet would be to decide on colors and then save complex logos for the following season. If something better comes to them in the process they can always just make the 1st jersey an alternate then phase it out.

D&C had something after only a few weeks in the case of the Bucks so maybe they get it done. It's also possible they were quietly hired once this became a possibility and have been working on it for some time. But no obvious name has come to the forefront like with Seattle.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The colors are perfect.

I want no images of any Yeti. Just like Kraken has zero Kraken. And Devils have no Devils.
Hmm, yeah I dunno. I’m not sure I entirely like that direction the Kraken have taken. What’s the point in having a cool looking creature for a mascot if you’re not going to show it at all? It shouldn’t be ostentatious or cartoony I agree, but you’ve got to show it in some sort of way imo. Like peaking out from behind a mountain or a boulder or really blended into one…I like that approach more

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1713583384902.jpeg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hmm, yeah I dunno. I’m not sure I entirely like that direction the Kraken have taken. What’s the point in having a cool looking creature for a mascot if you’re not going to show it at all? It shouldn’t be ostentatious or cartoony I agree, but you’ve got to show it in some sort of way imo. Like peaking out from behind a mountain or a boulder or really blended into one…I like that approach more

Yeah it's like having a Dragon for a logo but instead you just have some vague looking dragon horns on a big stylized letter D. Laaamme.

If you're gonna go for it do it. The Sharks didn't just go with some stupid looking S with a fin on it. They have a big old badass shark biting the crap out of a hockey stick.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah it's like having a Dragon for a logo but instead you just have some vague looking dragon horns on a big stylized letter D. Laaamme.

If you're gonna go for it do it. The Sharks didn't just go with some stupid looking S with a fin on it. They have a big old badass shark biting the crap out of a hockey stick.
Their fin logo is the only decent log they’ve had. The rest look minor leagues. Especially the hockey stick part. So lame.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Hmm, yeah I dunno. I’m not sure I entirely like that direction the Kraken have taken. What’s the point in having a cool looking creature for a mascot if you’re not going to show it at all?

Ownership never wanted them to be the Kraken but were bullied into it by incessant social media campaigning (mostly from outside Seattle itself).

It was a bad decision and they have to live with giving in to it

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Imo this is why you avoid named like Yetis. You can be as sleek and modern and serious as you want but you ultimately picked a campy bush league name and you can't avoid the reality of it being campy and bush league forever

This. Over and over. Spray paint Smiths house with this if you love out there. I'll pay the bail.

Oh baby!!!

But SLC Sax(x) is an absolute ridiculous thing I know won't happen. But my best bud lives in SLC and for the past couple weeks I've edged him into believing it's real to the point he has admitted it's the best troll I've ever done or I'm straight up right.

The Coyotes are dead. Long live the Sax!

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Ownership never wanted them to be the Kraken but were bullied into it by incessant social media campaigning (mostly from outside Seattle itself).

It was a bad decision and they have to live with giving in to it
Yeah - the horrible PC crowd ruined the opportunity to resurrect this gem of a team name and logo…Sorry, but I find the ‘Kraken’ equally as lame as the ‘Golden Knights’.

1713595739031.png

1713595768759.jpeg

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Swarm is probably the best name I've seen thrown out. Contrasts with "Avalanche" for example, for those feeling it's initial clunkiness. Logo/uniform potential are off the charts.

Sting were an NLL Lacrosse franchise that played in Glendale funny enough (but had a scorpion mascot).

I love the name Utah Swarm as well. It's a nod to the beehive state but more subtle than say the Utah Bee's or Utah Buzz. Arena can be nicknamed the Hive.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yep I don't see them making a Pixar logo. Look at their office in Brooklyn. Or their Nike work too. This is a team who specializes in clean modern looks.
( Now watch it look like some monstrosity from Monsters Inc because that is how this org works...)
I’m feeling confident that they can handle even a goofy name. I bet these dudes really want it to be Utah Black Diamonds.

1713599120436.jpeg

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
utah hockey club is fine for a few years. locals will give them a name eventually, and then the team can rebrand and sell new merch. washington went from redskins to football team to commanders, sold the same merch 3 times in 5 years. rare business opportunity and they don't have access to jets 1.0 or yotes history.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Doubleday & Cartwright did that most excellent Bucks rebrand. Here is more of their work:

View attachment 855621

View attachment 855622

View attachment 855623
I don’t know man … throw those next to pretty much any NHl logo and we drop to mediocre at best

Now it could be because they haven’t done NHL logos and I may eat my words and they blow me away , but I hope they never charged too much for these.

Maybe I am
Just not into thin stringy logos, but maybe that’s what’s needed for sports uniforms, compared to Jerseys.. and we have yet to see them make one

It’s not that I don’t love simple.. I think the Flyers logo , the Whalers logos are awesome etc..

Last edited:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Have they said when the team name will be announced? Or even whether it will be Utah or Salt Lake?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Could also be Utah Summit
Just sayin
If I was a betting man , I would bet that they go Yeti.. I am not convinced Smith wants that . But most of what I had heard from SLC is Yeti or Golden Eagles

Have they said when the team name will be announced? Or even whether it will be Utah or Salt Lake?
It will be Utah some thing .. that was part of the agreement the state wanted

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad