Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If they are really interested in doing the double Z thing with Blizzards to match the Jazz, I think they should seriously look into buying the Grizzlies and stealing the name.

This would slot in well if the Phoenix AHL plan goes off, because they could just move the ECHL team to Tucson
Grizzlies is my favorite of all options.

Any name is better than HC. That’s horrible.
I think they’re being cagey about this because Smith wants Yetis but they need to do the market research to determine the cost of competing with the consumer brand.

When he said “Utah Yetis finally brings The U & The Y together” I figured it was 95% certain they’re going for Yetis.

It’s just too perfect. That’s the biggest deal in Utah. The U vs The Y.

rt

May 13, 2004
Utah Monuments?

B2E0C693-7FF1-4289-91D5-62818951DD78.png

Dubis

Dec 23, 2007
Utah Inversion

Attachments

• _f65eb586-61ab-44fe-9b7f-d66ec6dd5839.jpg
    _f65eb586-61ab-44fe-9b7f-d66ec6dd5839.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Utah has arguably the richest Native American heritage of any state outside of New Mexico and AZ.

The university of utah are the runnin utes (they have the approval of the Ute tribe)

Utah Braves would be cool and would be a great homage to the Ute, Paiute, Navajo and Ancestral Puebloan culture in the state

Also Utah Escalantes could be work.. google Fr Escalantes expedition through Utah and Grand Stair Case Escaante Nm

Utah Friars or Padres could be cool
as well

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I ran out of boosts. Someone do Bighorns mock-ups!

Yeah. Those are pretty cool. Not sure what the heck it has to do with Utah. Lol.
Me either…they’re the ones that just patented Fury haha. I have no idea what that name is supposed to mean or what logos fall under it

Utah has arguably the richest Native American heritage of any state outside of New Mexico and AZ.

The university of utah are the runnin utes (they have the approval of the Ute tribe)

Utah Braves would be cool and would be a great homage to the Ute, Paiute, Navajo and Ancestral Puebloan culture in the state

Also Utah Escalantes could be work.. google Fr Escalantes expedition through Utah and Grand Stair Case Escaante Nm

as well
Yeah good luck with that in today’s world haha

rt

May 13, 2004

I would love that. But not happening in 2024 no matter where the heart is.
as well
They’re not picking a Catholic name. Haha.

I like the jerseys a lot, it’s just a bit of a mouthful on the name
Black Diamonds is three syllables. Which is maybe one too many.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I would love that. But not happening in 2024 no matter where the heart is.

They’re not picking a Catholic name. Haha.

Black Diamonds is three syllables. Which is maybe one too many.
Yeah same as Ice Dragons….things like Yeti, Hive, Sting, Swarm, Fury, have a little more punch I guess. I still can’t believe Vegas named their team the Golden Knights. It’s honestly the craziest name of a sports team I’ve ever heard.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah same as Ice Dragons….things like Yeti, Hive, Sting, Swarm, Fury, have a little more punch I guess. I still can’t believe Vegas named their team the Golden Knights. It’s honestly the craziest name of a sports team I’ve ever heard.
It’s very dumb. Vegas Knights works because it’s a pun. There’s nightlife in Vegas. It’s what it’s most known for. Adding Golden is stupid.

And it sucks for Utah because we could have Golden Eagles otherwise. And a Golden Eagle is actually a real thing. And they live in Utah. It would be perfect.

Golden Knights suck.

For what it’s worth I asked my kids and they think it’s Yetis by one hundred miles. Nothing comes close for them. They hated the idea of cheering for that awful city that stole their team. But as soon as the concept of Utah Yeti got introduced they were all-in. It’s a nine year old and a six year old.

Their 2nd favorite was Venom. But they reiterated that it’s not even close to Yeti.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It’s very dumb. Vegas Knights works because it’s a pun. There’s nightlife in Vegas. It’s what it’s most known for. Adding Golden is stupid.

And it sucks for Utah because we could have Golden Eagles otherwise. And a Golden Eagle is actually a real thing. And they live in Utah. It would be perfect.

Golden Knights suck.

For what it’s worth I asked my kids and they think it’s Yetis by one hundred miles. Nothing comes close for them. They hated the idea of cheering for that awful city that stole their team. But as soon as the concept of Utah Yeti got introduced they were all-in. It’s a nine year old and a six year old.

Their 2nd favorite was Venom. But they reiterated that it’s not even close to Yeti.
Haha nice. Yeah it’s undeniable that Yeti has that mass appeal going for it. I’m sure they’ll take a good long look at it and see if it’s viable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad