Team name and jersey ideas

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I really think the league needs to step in and prevent a meme name like Yeti, even if people do think it's cool. Going to age like milk.

Plus I think it's SEO poison, there's thousands of existing results for University of Utah branded Yeti tumblrs
SEO? What does SEO stand for?

m.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Have they decided whether or not it will be Utah or SLC?

Friedman reported it would be Utah

personally still think the best name is the Salt Lake Stingers, though

SEO? What does SEO stand for?

m.

Search Engine Optimization, essentially making sure people you want to find you find you easily without any potentially confusing results

The best example of a team with a horrible name for modern SEO is the Chicago Fire of MLS... attempting to just look them up results in many hits for the both the historical event and the TV series with the same name before you find the soccer team.

kcmaop

Apr 29, 2009
The name of the team should be the Utah Buzz. It incorporates both the "Beehive State" nickname and the "zz" of the Utah Jazz. When/if they get MLB and NFL teams, they could use Grizzlies (Grizz) and Blizzard (Blizz). Kind of what New York did with the Mets, Jets, Nets, and even Sets (World Team Tennis).

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Friedman reported it would be Utah

personally still think the best name is the Salt Lake Stingers, though

Search Engine Optimization, essentially making sure people you want to find you find you easily without any potentially confusing results

The best example of a team with a horrible name for modern SEO is the Chicago Fire of MLS... attempting to just look them up results in many hits for the both the historical event and the TV series with the same name before you find the soccer team.
Gotcha! Thanks for the education. I was guessing it was something like Senior Executive Officer or something like that. Your explanation makes a lot more sense.

m.

Utah Gulls could be cool, it is kind of tied up in very explicitly Mormon lore though
Plus the California gull is the official state bird.

m.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Roughriders - you'll get an immediate Canadian fanbase from Saskatchewan.
Sandstorm - I have a goal song already picked out for this one...

Something to do with the land speed records set on the salt flats? Speed is a little too tied to meth. Rockets? Jets - no wait...

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
I think i like Bighorns the best so far. You could make a pretty cool logo with them.
1713465017996.png

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
The name of the team should be the Utah Buzz. It incorporates both the "Beehive State" nickname and the "zz" of the Utah Jazz. When/if they get MLB and NFL teams, they could use Grizzlies (Grizz) and Blizzard (Blizz). Kind of what New York did with the Mets, Jets, Nets, and even Sets (World Team Tennis).
Probably works better than New Zealand, add any word to white or black for men's sports teams and any word to ferns for woman's and you have reached the limit of this countries sports name creativity. All Black's rugby, All Whites soccer, Tall Black's basketball, Ice Black's hockey, Silver Ferns Netball.

The name of our badminton team... the black cocks.

I think all this countries creativity went into making the 50,000,000 ending in LOTR.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
already exists and had been reserved for baseball..... Grizzlies isn't an option either if the intention is that the existing team in WVC has that branding and likely is staying there since the NHL Team is sharing w/ the Jazz (common ownership)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad