WC: Team Germany

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I wonder if Markus Eisenschmid, Korbinian Holzer or Manuel Wiederer will be available, and in the cases of Eisenschmid and Wiederer get a look like Tiffels got last year or Michaelis is getting this year.

And as far as the goalies are concerned, I think Niklas Treutle might be considered for one of the 3 spots.

Yes, Treutle as Nr.3 is well possible.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
La is down 2-0 versus Vegas.

Rieder - Draisatl - Kahun
M Müller - Pietta - Pföderl
Ehliz - Barta - Macek
Hager - Kink - Mauer

Seidenberg - Seidenberg
Krupp - Boyle
Hördler - Holzer

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
No way Barta will play in Danmark

Exactly. And no way Kahun will be wasted on the wing of Dr. Drai, not talking special teams here. The centres will be Drai - Hager - Kahun - Pietta IMO.
Marcel Müller on the team? I doubt it. Tobias Rieder is a RW. Would be great for us to get him and Holzer.
Finally, i don't see both Seidenbergs forming a D-pair.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Exactly. And no way Kahun will be wasted on the wing of Dr. Drai, not talking special teams here. The centres will be Drai - Hager - Kahun - Pietta IMO.
Marcel Müller on the team? I doubt it. Tobias Rieder is a RW. Would be great for us to get him and Holzer.
Finally, i don't see both Seidenbergs forming a D-pair.

yeah was more of a wish i had...barta is favorite here in malmö, he was great for us...

muller is a top scorer in del who got experiance from shl, nhl, ahl....and he got chemistry with pietta...

you dont believe in brother chemistry (seidenbergs) ?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
yeah was more of a wish i had...barta is favorite here in malmö, he was great for us...

muller is a top scorer in del who got experiance from shl, nhl, ahl....and he got chemistry with pietta...

you dont believe in brother chemistry (seidenbergs) ?

Make no mistake, Alex Barta is a great player, and I don't really understand why he finished his career on the national team this early. Have seen him playing numerous times in Berlin. Last time in a RS-game for the DEG on Dec 30, which Düsseldorf won 3:2, where he played together on a line with Maxi Kammerer, whom I'd personally would like to see on the WHC-team.

As for Marcel Müller, he finished the DEL season as the 2nd best scorer as you may know. He's an exceptionally gifted player, but he's unfortunately known for his lacking work ethic, not stepping up enough for his team in situations, when it's needed. That has been critized by Hans Zach for example, but also in Hamburg where he was a great disappointment in 2015/2016. I think Sturm is very aware of that.

And the Seidenbergs. Well, to make things more confusing - we could end up with 2 pairs Seidenberg+Müller. :laugh: Yannic played pretty well with Jonas Müller at the Olympics, and when you go back to last years WHC in Cologne - Dennis Seidenberg and Moritz Müller played together pretty succesfully. They accumulated 1G + 10A, with Dennis playing the offensive part. Other than Dennis Reul they were the only defenders not logging minus in the +/- statistics.
So, the pairs in Herning could be: Y.Seidenberg/J.Müller -- M.Müller/D.Seidenberg -- B.Krupp/D.Boyle -- F.Hördler/Ebner.

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Promising goalie Dustin Strahlmeier, who logged the most minutes (2587min) in this DEL season for underdog Schwenningen Wild Wings, making 1290 saves for a 2,34 GAA and 92,74% SVS on his return to Weisswasser for the exhibition game vs. Team Slovakia, and on his chances to play the WHC.

Ehrenrunde in Richtung Weltmeisterschaft?

With Danny aus den Birken & Timo Pielmeier both being a fix, the competition is between Mannheim's Dennis Endras, who has already said that he'd like to play at the WHC, NHL-goalie Thomas Greiss, who's still undecided, and Dustin Strahlmeier. Not to forget Philip Grubauer potentially coming in as number 1, should the Capitals fail in round 1 or 2 of the NHL playoffs. Difficult to predict who'll be our number 3. Sturm has a luxury problem with 5-6 goalies for 3 spots.

kalle wirsch

May 29, 2015

TTREUTLENiklas29.04.91L1,8784Nürnberg Ice Tigers
TNIEDERBERGERMathias26.11.92L1,880Düsseldorfer EG
TPIELMEIERTimo07.07.89L1,8382ERC Ingolstadt

Verteidiger
VBRÜCKNERBenedikt01.01.90L1,8590Wild Wings Schwenningen
VZERRESSENPascal22.11.92L1,96100Kölner Haie
VAKDAGSinan05.11.89L1,8889Adler Mannheim
VNOWAKMarco23.07.90R1,8893Düsseldorfer EG
VMÜLLERMoritz19.11.86L1,8792Kölner Haie
VWAGNERFabio17.09.95L1,8385ERC Ingolstadt
VKRUPPBjörn06.03.91L1,9195Grizzlys Wolfsburg
VMEBUSOliver30.03.93L2,06109Nürnberg Ice Tigers
VEBNERBernhard12.09.90L1,8891Düsseldorfer EG

Stürmer
SDRAISAITLLeon27.10.95L1,8998Edmonton Oilers
SLOIBLStefan24.06.96L1,8678Straubing Tigers
SEHLIZYasin30.12.92L1,7783Nürnberg Ice Tigers
SKRÄMMERNicolas23.10.92L1,8694Kölner Haie
SMÜLLERMarcel10.07.88L1,9398Krefeld Pinguine
SUVIRASebastian26.01.93L1,8895Kölner Haie
SPLACHTAMatthias16.05.91L1,86100Adler Mannheim
SKAMMERERMaximilian28.09.96L1,8577Düsseldorfer EG
SHÖFFLINMirko18.06.92L1,8380Wild Wings Schwenningen
SDANNERSimon25.12.86R1,8282Wild Wings Schwenningen
SMICHAELISMarc31.07.95L1,7779Minnesota State Univ
SHAFENRICHTERJaroslav22.01.90R1,8291Augsburger Panther
SPIETTADaniel09.12.86L1,8494Krefeld Pinguine
STIFFELSFrederik20.05.95L18491Western Michigan Broncos
SEISENSCHMIDMarkus22.01.95R1,8382Laval Rocket
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Kink, Greiss, Pföderl injured.D.Seidenberg will come next week.

Total crap! Thomas Greiss was almost expected, but with Marcus Kink we're losing one of our best defensive forwards, who could also have played at centre, and with Leo Pföderl we're losing our most dangerous RW, who played monster playoffs. But losing Kink is almost worse.

NHL-Star Leon Draisaitl im Anflug auf Berlin | Deutscher Eishockey-Bund e.V.

Roster:

Yasin EhlizLeon Draisaitl???
Marcel NoebelsPatrick Hager (A)Brooks Macek
???Dominik KahunFrank Mauer
David Wolf???Matthias Plachta
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
??? ???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Yannic Seidenberg (C)Jonas Müller
Björn KruppDaryl Boyle
Frank HördlerDennis Seidenberg (A)
Moritz Müller???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Danny aus den Birken
Thomas Pielmeier
???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
My guesses regarding the vacant spots:

(Centre) Daniel Pietta, Frederik Tiffels; (Wing) Maximilian Kammerer, Sebastian Uvira / Nicolas Krämmer; (Defense) Bernhard Ebner or Sinan Akdag / Oliver Mebus; (Goal) Dustin Strahlmeier or Dennis Endras

... and probably Tobias Rieder as Dr. Drai's RW, if LA loses vs. Vegas (as it v. much looks like).

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So to recap:

Pos.InOut
Goalies:Niklas TreutleDustin Strahlmeier
Defensmen:Sinan AkdagTim Bender
Oliver MebusStephan Daschner
Moritz MüllerSimon Sezemsky
Forwards:Leon DraisaitlDavid Elsner
Yasin EhlizThomas Holzmann
Markus EisenschmidDaniel Schmölz
Matthias Plachta
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Apparently Pföderl, Greiss and Kink will all miss the WHC due to injuries.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
So to recap:

Pos.InOut
Goalies:Niklas TreutleDustin Strahlmeier
Defensmen:Sinan AkdagTim Bender
Oliver MebusStephan Daschner
Moritz MüllerSimon Sezemsky
Forwards:Leon DraisaitlDavid Elsner
Yasin EhlizThomas Holzmann
Markus EisenschmidDaniel Schmölz
Matthias Plachta
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Apparently Pföderl, Greiss and Kink will all miss the WHC due to injuries.

Okay fair, so goalie Niklas Treutle in for Dustin Strahlmeier. Particularly looking forward now to 6'9'' tall defender Oliver Mebus, who played strong season+playoffs.

Last edited:

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Mebus sure improved a lot. He had issues with his skating while he was here in Krefeld, but has obviously invested quiet some work in it since.

Kings and Ducks are both 3-0 down in there respective series, so Rieder and Holzer are quiet likely gonna be there.
Also I expect Grubauer to be there, cause he is eventually gonna get moved and it migth help his standing if he'd use the additional chance to put up good numbers at the world's.

Also Sturm is not gonna consider Bokk this year.
Sturm setzt für WM auf NHL-Spieler: «Noch keine Absagen»

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Mebus sure improved a lot. He had issues with his skating while he was here in Krefeld, but has obviously invested quiet some work in it since.

Kings and Ducks are both 3-0 down in there respective series, so Rieder and Holzer are quiet likely gonna be there.
Also I expect Grubauer to be there, cause he is eventually gonna get moved and it migth help his standing if he'd use the additional chance to put up good numbers at the world's.

Also Sturm is not gonna consider Bokk this year.
Sturm setzt für WM auf NHL-Spieler: «Noch keine Absagen»

I agree with all what you said. Bokk is an exciting talent, but no Andersson or Zadina who can already compete on a level required at the WHC. As for Mebus, I was surprised how good he has become, when I saw him playing x2 in the DEL-semifinal vs. Berlin. Him and Marcus Weber were the defensemen I liked the most on Nuremberg's team. Don't really know why Weber didn't get invited by Sturm as well - he's a tremendous skater, and his zone entries are a thing of a beauty. Not many starters in our defense could match that.

MikeShow

Dec 8, 2013
Guys, sorry for an offtopic, but is someone capable to list 2-3 most popular German ice-hockey specific websites?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, new roster scenario, since LA Kings have been swept and RW Tobias Rieder will join the team soon. I've put him on Drai's wing, because he's fast and agile, and could be sent on breakaways. The problem is though that he isn't a very good finisher, and I'd rather we had a better finisher like Brooks Macek on that line. So, maybe Rieder and Macek switch lines.
As for Kahun's RW Frank Mauer, he'is a bit like Rieder (just taller) - very fast, but not a good finisher.
I don't like the fact that the team lacks goalgetters, now that Patrick Reimer has retired and Leo Pföderl is injured.

Yasin EhlizLeon DraisaitlTobias Rieder
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
??? ???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Björn KruppDaryl Boyle
Frank HördlerDennis Seidenberg (A)
Moritz Müller???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Danny aus den Birken
Thomas Pielmeier
???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Korbinian Holzer is ready for the WHC! Nice to add another righthanded shot to our defense. The only other guy is Daryl Boyle. Will be very interesting to see, if Bernhard Ebner is still able to make the final roster.

Eishockey, NHL: Holzer nach Play-off-Aus zur WM

Tobias Rieder isn't confirmed yet, but I'm very very sure he'll come.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
??? ???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Moritz MüllerDennis Seidenberg (A)
Björn KruppDaryl Boyle
Frank HördlerKorbinian Holzer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Danny aus den Birken
Thomas Pielmeier
???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Korbinian Holzer is ready for the WHC! Nice to add another righthanded shot to our defense. The only other guy is Daryl Boyle. Will be very interesting to see, if Bernhard Ebner is still able to make the final roster.

Eishockey, NHL: Holzer nach Play-off-Aus zur WM

Tobias Rieder isn't confirmed yet, but I'm very very sure he'll come.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
??? ???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Moritz MüllerDennis Seidenberg (A)
Björn KruppDaryl Boyle
Frank HördlerKorbinian Holzer
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Danny aus den Birken
Thomas Pielmeier
???
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

why are you putting kahun on the 3rd line. he is the 3rd best german forward, he should be 2C or play with Drai and Rieder in a super-line.

i also dont think that holzer is only 8 d. the mullers and krupp are not better than holzer.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
why are you putting kahun on the 3rd line. he is the 3rd best german forward, he should be 2C or play with Drai and Rieder in a super-line.

i also dont think that holzer is only 8 d. the mullers and krupp are not better than holzer.

Simple - I've put Kahun at centre, because he's a legit playmaker, and I'd like us to play with three dangerous lines. It's not really smart to waste his qualities on Drai's wing, unless we play on the PP.
Hager is my 2nd line centre, because he's been consistently playing great and making things happen offensively. It's no coincidence that he's been our best scorer in Pyeongchang. Unfortunately, he's without his skilled & hard-working LW Felix Schütz, but let's give him some new good line mates (maybe Noebels/Kammerer and Macek), and good things will happen again. All first three lines could be starting line ups, and should get as equal ice time as possible in order to prevent exhaustion of our best guys.

Reactions: Frannel

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Regarding the d'men. First of all, I tried to take into account earlier pairings from the last WHC, and the very succesful olympic tournament. Yannic Seidenberg is beyond doubt our best defender at the moment, and Jonas Müller is an ideal partner for him. Müller is a total tool, a very complete player at young age, a guy who finished the season +32, a guy who can score (like in the olympic final vs. Russia, when he almost had the gamewinner), and a guy who plays with grit. Of course he's better than Holzer, whom I nevertheless very much like to see on this team. It's correct, Holzer is not the 8th defender, but then again he's not a top4-defender either on this team. And don't forget - he didn't play that much this season. As for Moritz Müller, he has consistently been one of the best defensive defenders on the national team, and did a great job at last year's WHC playing together in a pairing with Dennis Seidenberg, who fulfilled the offensive part very successfully. Watch them forming a pair again. Last, but not least - Krupp's son has taken a great development in Wolfsburg, and it looks like he'll become a second M. Müller. I don't see why Holzer would be so much better than him either.

Last edited:

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
It would be interesting to have a third line with Michaelis, Kahun and Tiffels.
They are obviously all rather inexperienced, but all three have exceptional skating and it would be "only" the third line.

You could pack our stronger more experienced wingers like Ehliz, Rieder, Plachta with Draisaitl and Hager on the first and second line.

You'd have two solid partly NHL experienced lines and then the Kahuna leading a line of young guns showing what they could do.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
It would be interesting to have a third line with Michaelis, Kahun and Tiffels.
They are obviously all rather inexperienced, but all three have exceptional skating and it would be "only" the third line.

You could pack our stronger more experienced wingers like Ehliz, Rieder, Plachta with Draisaitl and Hager on the first and second line.

You'd have two solid partly NHL experienced lines and then the Kahuna leading a line of young guns showing what they could do.

That could be interesting, yeah. However, I think Sturm will take the safer approach and spread these youngsters over several lines. AFAIR, Tiffels has mostly played centre at the last WHC, Michaelis is a LW, and Kammerer would likely be used as a LW as well.
I think that 2 of 3 players out of this group Tiffels-Michaelis-Kammerer will make the final team. And Ebner. But who'll be scratched for him? Hördler?
And who'll be third goalie at the beginning of the tournament? Endras or Treutle?

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Tobias Rieder is still hesitating. He's RFA, and has several times been really unlucky with injuries when playing with the national team. As people here may remember, he missed most of last year's WHC due to an early injury in the tournament.
At least, his insurance has already been taken care of, and Marco Sturm has given him more time to take his decision.

WM: Korbinian Holzer verstärkt DEB-Team - Teilnahme von Tobias Rieder noch offen

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad