WC: Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
How about Team Finland hockey talk. While we are having record breaking crop this year in the NHL with most goals ever scored by Finnish players in a season, what kind of a team can we possibly build up? Hoping for Barkov, Aho and Teräväinen to at least answer the call and join the battle as our heroes!

Reactions: Mestaruus

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Barkov needs to get some playoff reps into his career at this point so he will become an even better player, he will be better served for you guys that way down the road in future national team competitions. He doesn't need playing at the WHC at this point..................he needs playoff experience and going through the wars there.

It will payoff much better for him as a player and thus as a national team player in the future.

SergCherepovetsky

Mar 25, 2018
Russia
I think that even if Panthers will be in a playoff spot eventually they can't go so far. And if they will lose during WHC Barkov can strengthen team Finland. Why not? But there's also one guy Jesse Puljujarvi. I wait when this guy starts to play more important role in Oilers team. And WHC should become a good practice for him. Anyway I hope that we will see a lot of good players on this tournament. Because hockey on last Olympic games was awful and OAR doesn't have any competition from other teams. We all need more competitive tournament I think.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Aho, Raanta, Niemi, Teravainen, Puljujarvi, Markus Granlund, Ristolainen, Lindell, Honka and Lehkonen play for teams that won't make the playoffs. Out of those, I'd say 2-3 will play in the tournament.

Reactions: Jarey Curry

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Perfect opportunity for guys like Markus Granlund and Teravainen and Lehkonen to debut with the senior national team- can't imagine any saying no. I believe last year Teravainen had no contract and Granlund was injured (not sure on Lehkonen, I know Montreal was out early enough, but maybe there was an injury)

Ristolianen's never played in this either and hopefully he'd want to get the Buffalo stench off heading into the summer

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Perfect opportunity for guys like Markus Granlund and Teravainen and Lehkonen to debut with the senior national team- can't imagine any saying no. I believe last year Teravainen had no contract and Granlund was injured (not sure on Lehkonen, I know Montreal was out early enough, but maybe there was an injury)

Ristolianen's never played in this either and hopefully he'd want to get the Buffalo stench off heading into the summer
Markus is injured.

Who coaches now the finnish NT after Marjamäki resigned his job?
Marjamäki is the coach for this tournament, after that it is Jukka Jalonen-

e: slow

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
He has been injured for a long time. 14.2 it was said that he probably won't play again this season.

Yeah I found it now. I don't follow the Canucks very much :sarcasm:

But anyways, too bad for him- I hate it when young guys run into a lot of injury problems

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I seriously want to see Raanta in the tournament. I don't care if we don't get much else. Good goaltender is huge thing if we want to succeed.

And I think we hate our coach more than the Swedes. Marjamäki hasn't won anything and his loss record against good teams is astonishing.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I thought Marjamäki resigns after the Olympics. Now he is still the coach of the NT. The chances that Finland will play in the medal round is very low with him, Marjamäki has the worst results and statistic of all coaches in the past if I'm not wrong.

What a pity that Jukka Jalonen begins to coach the NT from the end of this WC and not already now.

Reactions: LAINEC

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I thought Marjamäki resigns after the Olympics. Now he is still the coach of the NT. The chances that Finland will play in the medal round is very low with him, Marjamäki has the worst results and statistic of all coaches in the past if I'm not wrong.

What a pity that Jukka Jalonen begins to coach the NT from the end of this WC and not already now.

Tbh with you, I thought Grönborg would resign as well after the Olympics. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->