Ville Peltonen - Jussi Jokinen - Antti Miettinen
Petteri Nummelin - Aki Berg

Tomi Kallio - Jari Viuhkola - Sean Bergenheim
Lasse Kukkonen - Mikko Lehtonen

Tuomo Ruutu - Mikko Koivu - Jani Rita
Tuukka Mäntylä - Pekka Saravo

Jarkko Ruutu - Riku Hahl - Jukka Hentunen
Mikko Luoma - Olli Malmivaara

Looks pretty damn good to me. Maybe the fastest team in years!
I'd like to see Tuomo on the first line instead of Miettinen and Jarkko on the third line with Koivu and Rita, because that line worked really well in the LG Hockey Games.

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
Matti_A said:
I'd like to see Tuomo on the first line instead of Miettinen and Jarkko on the third line with Koivu and Rita, because that line worked really well in the LG Hockey Games.

So U will drop Miettinen to 4th line? no way!

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Matti_A said:
What I wouldn't wan't to see, is Jokinen as center. He isn't above Viuhkola, Santala or Koivu, in that role. And, Kallio on second? :banghead:

Just redo the 1st two lines: Peltonen - Viuhkola - Jokinen, Miettinen - Santala - Bergenheim. That's it, no more tweaking needed. And as you've already noticed from that, Kallio isn't mentioned. I would just put a planeticket on his hand and wish him a relaxing summer break...

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Sorry, this must have been asked over and over again - but what is the major malfunction that again prohibits Kiprusoff from being a part of team Finland?

At least I heard this morning that he's not available "as was previously agreed"? Based on what?

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Paatos said:
Sorry, this must have been asked over and over again - but what is the major malfunction that again prohibits Kiprusoff from being a part of team Finland?

At least I heard this morning that he's not available "as was previously agreed"? Based on what?
I'm hoping, it's 'coz Westerlund and his staff has big enough balls to tell some player, that they're not wanted. We all remember the olympics, don't we? Some we're asked to join the team, they came to Italy, some wen't to Hawaii.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Zambonidriver² said:
I'm hoping, it's 'coz Westerlund and his staff has big enough balls to tell some player, that they're not wanted. We all remember the olympics, don't we? Some we're asked to join the team, they came to Italy, some wen't to Hawaii.

Do you really think it's so black and white?

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Zambonidriver² said:

I doubt that the problem is the size of Kiprusoff's head. I would eat humble pie and invite one of the most reverred goalies in the world to my team if I would be a GM of a national team, despite what happened with the olympics.

Well, guess Finns just have to learn to accept that he is leashed to the Flames organisation and they won't let him out of sight for a second (if that really is the reason).

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
ES said:
Well we had 2 additional players which can't be in the roster: they are Santala and Valtonen.

By the way captains were also announced:
C Ville Peltonen
A Petteri Nummelin
A Jarkko Ruutu

:eek:

Look at Aki's resume, an Olympic Bronze Medal, Olympic Silver Medal, World Cup Silver Medal, and countless other individual awards.

What has Jarkko Ruutu done in his career?

Nothing.

It's a very disappointing decision made by Finnish management, it's almost like they're trying on purpose to turn the Finnish public against this team.

Telecaster

Aug 18, 2005
Stockholm
Aki Berg said:
:eek:

Look at Aki's resume, an Olympic Bronze Medal, Olympic Silver Medal, World Cup Silver Medal, and countless other individual awards.

What has Jarkko Ruutu done in his career?

Nothing.

It's a very disappointing decision made by Finnish management, it's almost like they're trying on purpose to turn the Finnish public against this team.

i can't argue with that post, i hope Aki run for office in Finland.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
The finnish team has already a great bonus with Peltonen on board. I wish all the best to the Finns.
Finnished

Susanna

Apr 29, 2006
Baltimore
Like Wall said:
The finnish team has already a great bonus with Peltonen on board. I wish all the best to the Finns.
Finnished

Go Ville!!!! I will proudly wear his #16 jersey to school!

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Matti_A said:

That third-line could really be dynamite and end up being the top line by the end of the tournament.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
TK79 said:
That third-line could really be dynamite and end up being the top line by the end of the tournament.

I agree. I also think it will be a natural start
for a new future line. The guys have played
together in JWCs and I'm anxious to see if
they still fit together.

A new Huey-Louie-Dewey maybe?
Or something like the old HPK Teletubbies?
What now? The Roadrunners? :)

Finnish forth line is obviously the Chain Gang.
In Finnish I guess we'd say Telaketju.

Last edited:

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
nitty will be fine when he comes to play, he wasnt being played much after the olympics. once you get nitty in a couple of games he warms up and does verry good. He hasnt really failed anything as of yet. if ur counting the olympics then your a moron. a backup rookie goalie who was ur third decision taking you to the silver n getting mvp. he'll be fine i wish this aired in america though

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Broad st phantom said:
nitty will be fine when he comes to play, he wasnt being played much after the olympics. once you get nitty in a couple of games he warms up and does verry good. He hasnt really failed anything as of yet. if ur counting the olympics then your a moron. a backup rookie goalie who was ur third decision taking you to the silver n getting mvp. he'll be fine i wish this aired in america though

Nittymaki will be fine. Who needs Kiprusoff when you've got BERG anyway?

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
Kenttä
Miettinen - Jokinen - Peltonen
Berg - Nummelin

II Kenttä
Hentunen - Viuhkola - Kallio
Lehtonen - Kukkonen

III Kenttä
T. Ruutu - Koivu - J. Ruutu
Saravo - Mäntylä

IV Kenttä
Rita - Pirnes - Hahl
Luoma

13. hyökkääjä: Bergenheim

Maalivahti: Antero Niittymäki

Thats the lines for the Latvia game. I can't understand Westerlund let play Bergenheim as 13th forward. :shakehead He was maybe our best player against Slovenia.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Savolainen said:
I can't understand Westerlund let play Bergenheim as 13th forward. :shakehead He was maybe our best player against Slovenia.

Sean says he is not in top form yet and wished for a day
off so he could rest and get the little pieces together.
Erkka agreed and there's no reason to worry.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Bergenheim told that he had some trouble with his fitness and needs to rest a few days.

Edit:Well, delete then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad